Joe Rogan Interviews Jordan Peterson

meetjoeblack

Established Member
Reaction score
Perfectionism, fear of failure, and procrastination all intertwine in an unpleasant way that can affect me in some areas too. I try to be mindful of it.

I also enjoy Peterson's style of debate. He's a very sharp guy and doesn't back down, but does it in a way that usually avoids direct offense unless necessary. I used to enjoy Obama's style of debate too (when he was on his game and not prone to rambling about minutia) for a similar reason, although Obama had a much softer touch of course. They both take a calm, reasoned, and logical approach and are both quite articulate.

I'm giving it a listen. Thanks. The interview they comment on at the start was absolutely hilarious. Peterson couldn't have handled it better.

Also Peterson's transplant doesn't look like it's holding up so well under that lighting. I wonder if he's on finasteride. From what you say about him being hardcore about "natural cures" like going keto I bet he wouldn't want to take something like finasteride on principle.

He's absolutely brilliant. If you're ever bored, binge through his videos. You can get a lot more information and education. I got more educated listening to Jim then I ever did in school.

INT

Reaction score
But the problem is that the ideology of Marxism is actually rooted in envy, jealousy, resentment, as Peterson as demonstrated many times by analyzing Soljenitsyne's The Gulag Archipelago.

I find it interesting that Peterson speaks of other ideologies being rooted in envy, jealousy and resentment. I guess that in that case his own followers have more in common with the followers of Marxism than he is aware of. They just focus on different victims and different scapegoats.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Each individual played an important part, but in the greater scheme the USSR was responsible for ~80% of German military casualties. That's part of the historical record (all competent history books on the subject) and is not from Oliver Stone.

By the time the allies invaded Normandy, the third Reich was already failing. The effect of the invasion was real but not what you think. It didn't defeat the Nazis -- it meant that parts of Europe would remain part of liberal capitalism. If not for the invasion, Stalin would have rolled on past Germany, through Belgium, and all the way to Lisbon.
lol i learned russians were mostly responsible for german defeat from call of duty

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
The Third Reich never wanted to exterminate 100% of the Russian population, that is mustache twirling villain stuff and not a historical reality. Too much hollywood education.

And even if they did, that would never justify all these horrible Gulaqs and the economic mismanagement that took place long after WW II.You are trippin.

I guess being black in the US beats being bald or ugly as well. We are all advantaged or disadvantaged in some fields to some extent. Racial privilege seems to be a dimension that is comparatively inconsequential to many other things nowadays.