Joachim Loew use wig

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Baldness is genetic, being an a**h** is a choice.

cuebald

Reaction score
I think his hair just looks much too dark and too thick to be natural on a 50 year old.
I mean, if I was 50 and was wearing a piece, I wouldn't use one like that - I'd at least go for a grey one with some token recession - not hair that looks like it belongs on a teenager.

Boondock

Reaction score
He does look a bit like the Dad on the OC actually...

Bottom line for me, if I was in his position I'd keep the piece. It just looks 1000% better than he would with a bald head.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Yeah but people will continue to make jokes about him and put pressure on him, basically obligating him to take it off because he's being dishonest.... and if he ever does take it off, those same people will be there to make bald jokes at him. People are just devicive c****. They just won't let you be.

Boondock

Reaction score
Yeah but people will continue to make jokes about him and put pressure on him, basically obligating him to take it off because he's being dishonest.... and if he ever does take it off, those same people will be there to make bald jokes at him. People are just devicive c****. They just won't let you be.

I dunno if I agree UCMan, there are a fair few celebrities who are known to be bald in the bald community, but who nobody else really knows or cares to criticize for it. I don't think Joachim's getting much if any abuse over the hair piece allegations. He'd get a lot more if he had a visible hair problems.

I have no problem with piece wearers, because (as long as their piece is good) they're taking a rational step to tackle a real problem. If they didn't, they get the abuse and relationship difficulties that balding men do, which is often worse to bear.

In Joachim's case, I do think he'd look pretty bad bald. If his alleged piece helps him with women and his career, I think it's a fair decision.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong Boondock, I'm not one of those people who thinks he should not wear based on some idealistic principle. I'm just saying that both options have their obvious drawbacks. People are just assholes... they will talk sh*t about you for being bald and they will talk sh*t about you for trying to cover it up. Either way you can't really win. You have to choose the lesser of two evils and in this case I think he made the right decision by choosing to wear. If I had any disposable income, I might consider going the same route myself. I know it would make me look like a different person and in turn I would feel alot less depressed all the time.

Boondock

Reaction score
100% agree. I'm not a wig fan, but I think in certain circumstances it is the lesser of two evils. Like you say, this guy seems to tick these boxes.

Draco88

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey does this guy look like he's wearing a wig?
82305.jpg

He's in his 70's and not a single strand of grey hair no obvious recession..
Here's a youtube video of him to get a better look
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoAWCwm-UXw

Boondock

Reaction score
Doesn't look like it to me.

It's very short, his temples are still in good condition, the hairline isn't unnaturally far forward, and all the colours match up. You can get hair systems to look like this, but not often has someone his age got the hang of it.

More likely he dyes his hair.