jimmyjames's story - (24 and losing hair (pics))

templemonk

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah im just hoping i'll get no side and i'll drop the dose down to 0.5 if i get any side..
i have no problem with shaved head but im trying to save my hair so i dont have to be bald on my wedding day... im not even engaged or anything but man.. if i can go thru my wedding i dont care if i have hair seriously

CCS

Reaction score
Yeah, I read women don't mind baldness unless you make a big deal out of it. I forget what counts as making a big deal, keeping your thin hair instead of just shaving it, or if shaving it counts as making a big deal out of it, or if asking her which she prefers counts. I guess it just depends on which you do and whether she wants to use that excuse.

It is true that a woman might not dump you for going bald. She could dump you for not having 6-pack abs. Sure, you never had six pack abs, and that never seemed to bother her, but that was when you had hair. So she is not dumping you for the recent loss of hair, but the old fact of no abs.

Unless no hair would disqualify you no matter what your other features are, she is right in saying the hair is not the reason. It is actually the total attractiveness that is the reason. Just this fraction is almost out of your control.

Even if she marries you, she can divorce you, or she can gain weight because she knows you won't leave her, or she can be incharge and spend the money because she knows you won't leave her, or she can have a head ache every time you want sex.

My advice to you is to just start working out 30 minutes a day if you are not already, and just start improving yourself. You don't have to do it fast. If you meat her standards now while you are balding, that probably means she can't get a guy like you but with hair anyway, so you should not be self conscious about that. Just add attraction to your body at the same rate you loose attraction on your head. Maybe get better a little faster if you had more hair when you met her or she got better since then.

Other than that, use the drugs necessary to maintain.

If you hide your head in the sand and think all will be well later when you lose your head, read the paragraph two paragraphs back again.

Do you think that any girlfriends tell their boyfriends (or vice versa) that they would leave them if something out of their control happend to them? I doubt anyone is that unromantic, when they are with someone they are attracted to. I'm sure 95% reassure their partner they have unconditional love, and many nieve people on this site quote that as proof that their ex girlfriend loved them. But we know that in most cases it does not happen, and most where the partner stays, she is no longer pretty herself.

Taugenichts said that since balding is gradual, women are more likely to stay. I think since it is gradual, it is easier for them to forget what he used to look like. The attraction will fade, and she will get offers from better looking guys if she is still pretty. It will come down to attachment, commitment that was not just for commitment in return, and extreme rare compatibility, or she will be one of the 90% that leaves. She [women in general] may stay if he only drops a little, but the odds raise a lot if the drop is big. It is her youth here that she is giving up so her bald boyfriend can enjoy his.

The moral of this story is to not hide your head in the sand or confuse love with romance or villafy people rather than accept the truth. Know what can happen, and do what you can to look your best so that she enjoys the relationship as much as you do.

jimmyjames

Established Member
Reaction score
All right. I've been trying really hard not to get involved in some of the ridiculous "women and relationships" talk on this forum, but this time I can't bite my tongue.

Do not listen to this guy. He's got interesting stuff to say about hairloss, but his perception of women is way off. There is NOT some magical equation that will help you "gain" and "keep" a woman. People don't work that way. If you have an attitude towards women like that, no amount of hair, muscles, money, or magic pixie dust will help you. I'm sorry, College - I don't mean to offend you, but an attitude like that does not help people on this site. There are a lot of young, inexperienced guys on this forum with some confidence problems, and talk like that is not going to help them.

Women are PEOPLE, not objects in some experiment that can be won with percentages of this or that.

If there are some of you out there who actually want advice from a stranger about women, this is what I've got: be yourself and have FUN with your life and girls will be interested in you.

TRUST ME.

And that's my two cents.

templemonk

Established Member
Reaction score
collegecs.. i wasn't talking about my fear of meeting girls.. i was talking about having to be bald when its the wedding day, one of the most formal situation possible with tux n everything
girls like funny guys .. more you trip about your hair situation, deeper hole you gonna fall into
collegecs ,do you live in U.S?
listen to tomlykes show it's a radio talk show
youcan probably learn things..

templemonk

Established Member
Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
So, lets hope you don´t get divorced :lol:

girls like money more than hair!

from an old song
'girls dont like boys, girls like cars n money'
it means they dont care if we dont have hair
:oops:

barnabas

Established Member
Reaction score
jimmyjames said:
All right. I've been trying really hard not to get involved in some of the ridiculous "women and relationships" talk on this forum, but this time I can't bite my tongue.

Do not listen to this guy. He's got interesting stuff to say about hairloss, but his perception of women is way off. There is NOT some magical equation that will help you "gain" and "keep" a woman. People don't work that way. If you have an attitude towards women like that, no amount of hair, muscles, money, or magic pixie dust will help you. I'm sorry, College - I don't mean to offend you, but an attitude like that does not help people on this site. There are a lot of young, inexperienced guys on this forum with some confidence problems, and talk like that is not going to help them.

Women are PEOPLE, not objects in some experiment that can be won with percentages of this or that.

If there are some of you out there who actually want advice from a stranger about women, this is what I've got: be yourself and have FUN with your life and girls will be interested in you.

TRUST ME.

And that's my two cents.

Yeah, I agree completely. Unlike hair loss treatments, you can't get reliable knowledge on relationships from the internet. If I remember correctly, he's never been in a relationship even pre-hairloss, so all his preaching/analyzing is really quite ridiculous and entirely based on his over-analytical, completely quantified (which is impossible with relationships) dissections of whatever observations of OTHER peoples' relationships he may have had. "Dating For Dummies" is more credible than him when it comes to this.