Japan - Feb 2018 - Scale Production Of Biofabrication Of Hair Follicle For Regenerative Medicine

forlorn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The next step is growing mouse hair on human skin

That's not a bad idea. We could breed rats in hair follicle farms and skin them alive to extract their hair for human application. It's quite thick, so it would be an upgrade for some people from their native hair.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's not a bad idea. We could breed rats in hair follicle farms and skin them alive to extract their hair for human application. It's quite thick, so it would be an upgrade for some people from their native hair.

Giving a whole new meaning to the term 'having a rat's nest on top of your head'.

tanglie1993

My Regimen
Reaction score
"Single HBs with epithelial cells seeded in U-shaped microwells formed dumbbell-like structures comprising respective aggregates (named bead-based hair follicle germs, bbHFGs), during 3 days of culture. bbHFGs efficiently generated hair follicles upon intracutaneous transplantation into the backs of nude mice. Using an automated spotter, this approach was scalable to prepare a large number of bbHFGs, which is important for clinical applications. Therefore, this could represent a robust and practical approach for the preparation of germ-like tissues for hair regenerative medicine."

this is it, to all the naysayers and "5 more year"ers, it is happening, the question now is not if but when, and by the looks of it - based on tsuji et al and studies like these specifically designed for clinical application - for my money id say (barring some actual catastrophe like hfgs causing cancer) by 2025 (yes, 5 more years lmao) the functional cure will be publicly available
Anything new this year? why is the human trial postponed?