Jake Kent reveals how to get a totally natural and undetectable hairline on any hair system.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
According to Jake Kent, the secret to getting a really natural looking hairline with a hair system is to leave some of your bio hair growing at your real hairline, which is then brushed forward (and can be cut to whatever length you want). You then line the hairline of the system just above this, giving a very realistic look. I can see the logic of this, and as a guy with longer hair, I might try it myself (even though parts of my hairline have receded, it will still work in the bit near the parting which is slightly exposed (the rest of my hairline is not fully exposed).

Edit: another technique he recommends (in the 1st video below) is to comb the hair system hair forward at the very front, glue it in down over your real hairline, then cut it which disguises the front of the lace/skin/poly on the hairline, making it undetectable.

Has anyone here tried this method? What were the results like?

Jake Kent explains it in these videos:

Last edited:

SD1984

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What you explain is shown in the second video and yes anyone with a full hairline still (even thinned out) should be smart enough to do this. I wish I could. Unfortunately my temples are badly receded and the center part that I still have is way too far back anyway even if I wanted to try hiding just the center of the hairpiece. What he suggests in the first video is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen i gotta say. Nobody in their right mind would wear their hairline like that.

Last edited:

SD1984

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where do I get bio hair?
Hahaha yeah. I guess in the first video they were also showing that you can pull down a few short strands of your system's hair but that just looks comical and ridiculous.

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
I've actually thought of doing this recently. I still have an ok hairline, the problem is it's a high hairline, that's why I used to brush it forward even when I had lots of hair.

But i got sick of having long hair and a style i didn't like, so i then cut my hair really short and i think it was a shock to the system to see my forehead lol.

So i then started to wear a really small piece to lower my hairline so i could still have a more brushed back style which i would mix in with my existing hair....that's what I still do now thanks to meds i(which i wish i started earlier) i wear a piece that's literally only about one/one & half mini air flex tape in length and depth.

I did consider not wearing at all a couple of weeks ago as i can get a similar style but chickened out thinking it looks reasonable now but tomorrow morning it probably wouldn't.

I do wonder given i still have some bio hair on my hairline just to keep that but thicken up my existing hair with a small piece behind it? As when I was in my late 20's my high hairline bothered me but now I'm in my mid 40's i wonder if a higher hairline would be more age appropriate?

But i'm worried that if i did shave behind my hairline to place a piece there and didn't like it then what?

SD1984

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've actually thought of doing this recently. I still have an ok hairline, the problem is it's a high hairline, that's why I used to brush it forward even when I had lots of hair.

But i got sick of having long hair and a style i didn't like, so i then cut my hair really short and i think it was a shock to the system to see my forehead lol.

So i then started to wear a really small piece to lower my hairline so i could still have a more brushed back style which i would mix in with my existing hair....that's what I still do now thanks to meds i(which i wish i started earlier) i wear a piece that's literally only about one/one & half mini air flex tape in length and depth.

I did consider not wearing at all a couple of weeks ago as i can get a similar style but chickened out thinking it looks reasonable now but tomorrow morning it probably wouldn't.

I do wonder given i still have some bio hair on my hairline just to keep that but thicken up my existing hair with a small piece behind it? As when I was in my late 20's my high hairline bothered me but now I'm in my mid 40's i wonder if a higher hairline would be more age appropriate?

But i'm worried that if i did shave behind my hairline to place a piece there and didn't like it then what?

Interesting. How did you go about ordering this small partial? Also what meds are you on? Thanks.

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
Interesting. How did you go about ordering this small partial? Also what meds are you on? Thanks.
I don't order a small partial i just buy a full piece and cut small pieces out. It's more economical that way.

I've been on finasteride & minoxidil for years.

SD1984

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't order a small partial i just buy a full piece and cut small pieces out. It's more economical that way.
But what happens when you are using parts from the back of the full piece for your hairline? Only the front is engineered to be the hairline area..

SD1984

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The YouTuber stick on hair does exactly that. Check him out
Yes I know he does and he complains about it all the time bc the hair in the back of the systems have hairs knotted all over the place instead of front to back

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
But what happens when you are using parts from the back of the full piece for your hairline? Only the front is engineered to be the hairline area..
Sometimes there are parts that you can't use but most of it i can especially freestyle, others maybe different dependant on how large the piece is, the amount of bio hair you have, the style you wish to achieve, etc... etc....

I did used to buy smaller pieces that were customized just for hairline but i found a larger custom piece is more economical, and i've found no problems as long as its a full lace system. But if that's not for you for whatever reason you can order what you want that's one of the advantages of wearing.

Last edited:

SD1984

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sometimes there are parts that you can't use but most of it i can especially freestyle, others maybe different dependant on how large the piece is, the amount of bio hair you have, the style you wish to achieve, etc... etc....

I did used to buy smaller pieces that were customized just for hairline but i found a larger custom piece is more economical, and i've found no problems as long as its a full lace system. But if that's not for you for whatever reason you can order what you want that's one of the advantages of wearing.
Thanks. Care to share a pic if you don't mind? No face needed of course..

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd rather not, but there are pictures of others who do a similar thing to me on various hair loss/hair wearer forums, when i first started ordering the suppliers told me it was pretty common for people to wear this way....to fill in recession or to lower the hairline.

Some of pictures I've seen are quite often younger people still with lots of hair but unable to get the style they want....I don't need that type of thickness as i think at my age it wouldn't look quite right, but it never fails to surprise me (especially after washing my hair and seeing my hairloss) that such a tiny amount of hair can make such a difference...especially when it comes to styling, it saves so much time from back when I was trying to hide it with my existing hair.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

What do you mean by 'using parts from the back of the full piece for your hairline'? That doesn't make sense.

SD1984

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you mean by 'using parts from the back of the full piece for your hairline'? That doesn't make sense.
If you're cutting up a hair system just for frontals and are using a strip of the back of a hair system to put at your hairline, it's not going to look exactly right bc the back is engineered in such a way that the hairs are knotted all over the place instead of specifically meant to be the front/hairline area.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you're cutting up a hair system just for frontals and are using a strip of the back of a hair system to put at your hairline, it's not going to look exactly right bc the back is engineered in such a way that the hairs are knotted all over the place instead of specifically meant to be the front/hairline area.
Huh? That's incorrect and makes no sense.

A hair system that does not have a graduated hairline is basically the same front to back except for shape (if its venting is Freestyle).

SD1984

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Huh? That's incorrect and makes no sense.

A hair system that does not have a graduated hairline is basically the same front to back except for shape (if its venting is Freestyle).
I disagree. I've been watching "stickonHair" on Youtube for years and he does this. He always complains that when he gets to the back of his hair system the hair goes in all sorts of different directions. He attributes this to lazy knotters/V-loopers once they get towards the back of the system.

He gets all his systems from Lordhair. Poly and Lace

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I disagree. I've been watching "stickonHair" on Youtube for years and he does this. He always complains that when he gets to the back of his hair system the hair goes in all sorts of different directions. He attributes this to lazy knotters/V-loopers once they get towards the back of the system.

He gets all his systems from Lordhair. Poly and Lace
What qualifies you to disagree with me? You don't wear a hair system, nor do you install them on the heads of others. Watching some videos on YouTube does not make you an expert.

This guy is also not an expert. He just vlogs his limited experiences... and he is talking about anecdotal observations with one company.

So, please stop already.