Its f*****g 2018 And We Dont Have Anything To Stop This f*****g Minutarization

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No; Follica will be available within five years. That being said:

If I were a guy in my early - mid 20's and significantly bald (NW4<), I'd wear a piece, no question. Your 20's are very important in a lot of different ways, and they will be very different bald. It seems as if wigs have come a long way, and even if Follica pans out, it's going to be several years before you can get it done. The five years between 22 and 27 cannot be recaptured.

Inb4 "Oh no you wouldn't wear a piece blaarrgh"

If it really came down to the wire, I'd absolutely take the hair piece. A lot of them nowadays look absolutely phenomenal.

"But muh self consciousness" yeah well I'd be a whole lot more self conscious walking around as a visibly bald guy, so I'll take "The Lesser of Two Evils" for 500, Alex.

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's easy to think about all this when you're a NW2.5 and it's all hypothetical. Practically, it's another story, when you look at my father or @shookwun's honest account of what it was really like to wear a hair piece, I'd rather be bald, I've in fact been in that position before going for my hair transplants. A life with a hair piece is no life at all.

I don't understand why some people think the hair piece industry is evolving or something. If I look at my dad with his hair piece at the age of 20 in 1981 and now, nothing has changed. Undetectable then, undetectable now. It's not like it's some rocket science and breakthroughs are being made every couple of years. It will always be fake hair that you glue on your head after all.

It goes beyond self-consciousness, you become a shell of your former self, very secretive, avoiding almost anything fun in life to avoid damaging your hair piece, no swimming, no sports, no large social gathering, no walking outside when it's sunny etc. The lesser of two evils here is actually not wearing the hair piece and walking around as a visibly bald guy. And I mean that.

Anyway, wearing a hair piece or not is about choosing between two different kinds of hell. Each come with their own torments. It's a personal choice. All I know is that over 35 years, almost everyone at my father's supplier eventually gave up on the hair piece sooner or later, and I think that tells you everything you need to know.

I agree with you on this one. I would never wear a wig, let's call a spade a spade, it's a wig. I would never wear one, never have, never will. I'd rather be bald. I rather wear a hat and get a job wear I can wear a hat. Well in my job I can wear a hat, but I still fight hair loss. I just would never wear a wig.

EricMamba99

My Regimen
Reaction score
You could still try but you'd arrive at the same conclusion as all the reasonable people who have tried a hair piece: it's just not worth it.

I'd rather have my current 4000 grafts with a nearly bald crown and have my freedom than a thick NW1 hair piece with all the problems that it creates.

While I don't have anything against hair systems, I have to agree with your thinking. I am currently considering getting a hair transplant to
cover the front on my scalp. It is unlikely that my donor will allow for coverage at the crown once that goes bald but I think I could live with a bald crown. Is that an approach you recommend?

EricMamba99

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's the only approach that's viable as far as I'm concerned, provided that you're not past NW6 and you have a healthy donor area.

I just ran into the guy who's wearing a hair piece in my workplace, it's obvious to me and you can see that he's carrying himself like no one can notice.

How much do you have to lie to yourself and to others to make this "solution" work. One word from someone who knows (me here) and he'd be done.

The only way you're going to make it work will be to be honest about it and try to accept whatever comes your way after that.

Everyone around me knows I got hair transplants and that's fine, I have nothing to hide. But thinking you're going to fool everyone permanently with a hair piece and remain healthy despite living a lie?! That's not going to happen.

Spencer Kobren talked about some guys he knew who were very successful in life and open about the fact that they were wearing a hair piece. No matter what you do, honesty is key in my opinion.

I agree. I think trying to hide a hair system would get to you in the long run.

As long as a hair transplant can frame my face I am ok with a bald crown. Not an ideal solution but probably the best available right now.

Hubris

Reaction score
I wore a piece for a while and can confirm it will make your life a living hell. Not worth it, and very expensive.

H

Reaction score
Follica will stabilize the loss and regrow a small amount (maybe more) in the next few years.

The pessimists will say it's crap. Cheering for that particular HM operation isn't fun. They don't make flashy attempts to raise money. They have a policy of never releasing pics. They use "wounding" (gasp!) rather that some kind of cellular sh*t that sounds sufficiently hi-tech. They don't claim it will do anything near the Justin-Beiber-grade regrowth we want.

But the bottom line is, wounding is the only thing we know for sure is capable of regrowing balded hair at all. A very smart/capable guy is in charge at Follica. It uses existing (read: approved & affordable) tech and drugs. It has only a couple years of trials left to go. It's working. It is enough to stabilize ongoing loss and it will probably give better regrowth than minoxidil on a 5+ year comparison.

It's not the cure we want. It's not Bieber hair. It's just the biggest piece of progress that mankind has made on this battle yet.
You can already do what Follica would do if it were out why wait? Get a dermaroller and min and get busy.

H

Reaction score
If follica is just minoxidil throw it in the trash
It's probably not just min I'm sure however that does not necessarily mean it's going to be substantially better than dermarolling and min not saying that it couldn't I just wouldn't get too optimistic about it. I could totally be wrong but some people would tout it because of Cots credentials it simply MUST be a winner! But I don't see evidence of that necessarily and if they would like to say the hope lies in Puretech being a solid company backing up Follica well I would stay very far away from Puretechs financial reports.

SlxTeN

My Regimen
Reaction score
There reason why the cure for baldness is taking so long is because scientist are trying to make a treatment what you need to use all the time and not what cures permanently.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
There reason why the cure for baldness is taking so long is because scientist are trying to make a treatment what you need to use all the time and not what cures permanently.
Anybody who finds a cure is going to get rich.

So if a guy finds/hypothesises a cure, he will give it a pass to try and make only a treatment so that he can have return customers?
Or, you think people who envision a cure won't fund research and focus instead on treatments?

Your arguments are invalid.
IQ test recommended.

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anybody who finds a cure is going to get rich.

So if a guy finds/hypothesises a cure, he will give it a pass to try and make only a treatment so that he can have return customers?
Or, you think people who envision a cure won't fund research and focus instead on treatments?

Your arguments are invalid.
IQ test recommended.
You could easily charge a very high price for a permanent cure, which would be in much greater demeand

Toby0823

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Which is what Tsuji will do if his cure (and it is a functional cure) works.

Hopefully his *** will stop answering personal late night emails about his research. Most of those emails are probably from younger balding fast food employees anyway, can’t even afford his cure if he even has one.

At least now he has competition, maybe that’ll put some pressure under his seat.

H

Reaction score
Hopefully his *** will stop answering personal late night emails about his research. Most of those emails are probably from younger balding fast food employees anyway, can’t even afford his cure if he even has one.

At least now he has competition, maybe that’ll put some pressure under his seat.
Who's the competition?

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

People give scientists and the government way too much credit. They're just people, not god. These people have important family members with cancer, aids, diabetes, hair loss too. No, they do not have the cure but are just hiding it, we really just aren't as advanced as we think we are. The cure for hair loss is not accessible because we don't have one yet, not because some mad scientist has it hidden some where in his/her journal.