Its f*****g 2018 And We Dont Have Anything To Stop This f*****g Minutarization

Netsky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Me too.

Dudes like Jason Momoa, Brad Pitt etc. are Norwood 0 with pretty much teenager hairlines. The fact that once you become an adult and grow old you can't look good with your original hairline is a myth. It's actually the opposite, it not only will make you look good but also make you look younger.
How old are you?

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What would you guys call this? A Norwood# -1?

selma-blair-t.jpg

This is a Norwood#0. A female hairline. It's not correct on a man after puberty.

Brad Pitt and Jason Momoa are not Norwood#0s. They are Norwood#1s.

Last edited:

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What would you guys call this? A Norwood# -1?

View attachment 151315

This is a Norwood#0. A female hairline. It's not correct on a man after puberty.

Brad Pitt and Jason Momoa are not Norwood#0s. They are Norwood#1s.
That is an ape hairline. Most people don't have that even as teens. It's rare even among women.

And I would take an ape hairline over balding anyday. Maybe not the best hairline, but not bad at all either:

King_Kamali_with_wife.jpg

Officially there isn't such a thing as a 0 in the Norwood scale because it starts with 1.

But if we are talking about absolute perfect hairline I don't think it makes you look effeminate.

Ask your female friends if the hair of this dude bellow looks bad or feminine:

BNjA0MTU2NDY3MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDU4ODkzMzE@._V1_.jpg

Last edited:

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This isn't a different of opinion about what the ideal male hairline is. I'm disagreeing about how it is described.

I agree that Jake Gyllenhall's hairline looks great. Nobody here is disagreeing with that. But JG's hairline is not a Norwood#0, it's a Norwood#1.

The Norwood#0 is not always listed on the Norwood charts because the scale is more often used in discussion about men's hair loss. But a Norwood#0 classification does exist. That's why anybody has ever heard of it. It's a female hairline. Not all women even have it. Some boys have it before puberty. Virtually no boys have it after puberty.

A "mature hairline" is something else. That's what we call it when a man goes from Norwood#1 to Norwood#2 during his late teens or 20s.

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score
Me too.

Dudes like Jason Momoa, Brad Pitt etc. are Norwood 0 with pretty much teenager hairlines. The fact that once you become an adult and grow old you can't look good with your original hairline is a myth. It's actually the opposite, it not only will make you look good but also make you look younger.
This "juvenile hairloss doesn't look good adulta" bullshit is pathetic. It's a coping mechanism of balding dudes who can't get their NW0-1 backing. Juvenile hairlines are amazing, I'd kill to get Mine back.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
That is an ape hairline. Most people don't have that even as teens. It's rare even among women.

And I would take an ape hairline over balding anyday. Maybe not the best hairline, but not bad at all either:

View attachment 151318

Officially there isn't such a thing as a 0 in the Norwood scale because it starts with 1.

But if we are talking about absolute perfect hairline I don't think it makes you look effeminate.

Ask your female friends if the hair of this dude bellow looks bad or feminine:

View attachment 151317
Jack's hairline is square shaped. A feminine hairline is more round.

It's juvenile, but not feminine.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no such thing as norwood 0. The Norwood classification designates NW1 as being little or NO hair loss. You can't have anything lower than no hair loss, so NW1 is the lowest possible classification. O'Tar Norwood never mentioned a NW0, that's something that was made up on the forums.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no such thing as norwood 0. The Norwood classification designates NW1 as being little or NO hair loss. You can't have anything lower than no hair loss, so NW1 is the lowest possible classification. O'Tar Norwood never mentioned a NW0, that's something that was made up on the forums.
Yeah, what they call "NW0" is just a low forehead.

Women with a large forehead look better than men with a large forehead by the way and that's the annoying part. Nature really has us fucked up.

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This.
Norwood scale applies only if you have actual hair loss meaning you had hair there to being with. Forums don't even know what is the scale about, they just use pictures while in reality they are just a visual aid because everyone loses hair differently and the scale is not applicable to every single case.
People can in theory have NW2 looking hairline since birth. Its not NW2 it just has NW2 shape. Off topic but at NW2 you are not cosmetically balding to normal people. Hair loss by its very definition means your hair CHANGED for the worse. Theoretically you could even have almost NW3 looking hair while never having experienced loss.
This is a youtuber Gus Johnson. This is his hair in his teens. It barely changed since then. In theory its his NW1 even though it looks NW3 height with a straight hairline.
2uf4eju6ynd51.jpg

Here is him today at 25, it looks like he has some loss on temples and sideburns which would put him at about NW2 for his particular case.
Untitled.jpg

He doesn't even look like he is balding. He just has a massive forehead and it somehow suits him.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If a guy was born with no legs, would you all insist that he's not missing anything, since his legs were never there?

The Norwood scale is used as a classification of the hair coverage shape. It's an imperfect list because there's a lot of variations among 7 billion people on the planet. Big deal. Some people are better described as a Norwood#1.5 or #2.75. That's why the human race uses numbers for stuff.

Not everyone who identifies as a 'white' or 'black' has 100% Caucasian or African ancestry. But 'Caucasian' and 'African' are still valid useful terms.

Look, we all agree that Jake Gyllenhall's hairline looks great, right? That is known as a Norwood#1. That's widely accepted.

If you went into a transplant office and said "give me Jake Gyllenhall's hairline" and they gave you this woman's hairline, would you be happy?

selma-blair-t-jpg.jpg

No?

Okay, then the Norwood scale needs another step below #1.

The Norwood scale does not exist to validate your personal preferences about hairlines. It exists to chart the hairlines that occur in the population. That's why there is a Norwood#0 classification. It's usually found on women & children.

Last edited:

HairOnFire

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Me too.

I, too, agree with this. Having a teenage hairline as an adult is uncommon, but not unnatural. Indeed, guys with a very low hairline (JFK Jr, Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, etc.) are often voted as the 'sexiest man alive' in tabloid magazines.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I, too, agree with this. Having a teenage hairline as an adult is uncommon, but not unnatural. Indeed, guys with a very low hairline (JFK Jr, Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, etc.) are often voted as the 'sexiest man alive' in tabloid magazines.

IMO it's a tossup. Preference.

There were times in history when 20yo guys wanted to look 40. Now it's vice versa and youth is king.

Some guys are suited for a Norwood#2 even today. It depends on the face & head shape. Look at Jude Law. Harry Styles.

Tom Cruise's hairline is probably a transplant job these days. There are pics of him from years ago with more temple recession.