It’s been thirty years since I last visited this forum. Things I have learned along the way..

shivers20

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Just want to share my story. Joined this forum almost thirty years ago. Edit: My apologies I joined regr*wth when I was 17 years old, so techically twenty six years ago, not thirty, then migrated over to this site. Last visited maybe ten years ago because I was curious to find out if there were any new treatments. There were not.

Things I have learned along the way,

1. You will care about your hair when you are in your 20’s and when you are in your 40’s.

2. I experienced side effects (low libido) from Finasteride in my twenties, stopped taking it in my thirties and I am thankful today because I believe I have retained most of my hair from taking it in my twenties. I suffered through my twenties in the sex department but I have had more sex in my thirties and forties than in my twenties. Life in all areas actually gets better.

3. The next treatment is always “five years away”

4. A full head of hair will not make you successful with the ladies, only confidence, a good body, and “game”. A full head of hair is just a bonus. I always thought if I had a full head of hair I would be swimming in women. Not true. Try to get into a social circle with plenty of women. Best way to get together with attractive women.

5. Dress to Impress. It makes you look more attractive even if you are losing your hair.

6. Make money, start investing early so when you get to your thirties and forties you are financially stable. Women will still be there when you hit thirty. I have dated girls as young as nineteen and I am 43.

7. Last but not least, take a break from the forum once in a while. I believe I was addicted to the forums. Get on a treatment program and spend your time on making bank, working out and building up your social circle. Check out the forums once in a while but don’t let it consume you.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

whatintheworld

Reaction score
OP, you didn't retain your hair because you took it in your twenties. You just probably never had aggressive hair loss, and likely never even had to take finasteride.

Show some pictures, otherwise...just another guy with almost a full head of hair trying to share his "wisdom".

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
I experienced side effects (low libido) from Finasteride in my twenties, stopped taking it in my thirties and I am thankful today because I believe I have retained most of my hair from taking it in my twenties
So in other words you were not balding. If you were then you would have lost a ton of ground right after quitting. Within a few years you would have been at the norwood level you were supposed to be.

A full head of hair will not make you successful with the ladies, only confidence, a good body, and “game”.
Flat out laughable. Confidence has been debunked, a good body adds at most 1 point in looks, maybe 2 if you start off fat, and "game" is the same as looks.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Actually some good advice, especially this:

"Try to get into a social circle with plenty of women. Best way to get together with attractive women."

Forget online dating, this is the best way by far to get a girlfriend.
If you don't have that social circle you are screwed. You don't just jump in a circle, these are established over a long period of time.

Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How severe were your sides? Were they tolerable which is why you kept taking finasteride?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Did you always go by the name shivers20 on here? What were you names on HLH and regrowth?

shivers20

Established Member
Reaction score
Did you always go by the name shivers20 on here? What were you names on HLH and regrowth?
Yes. Shivers20 or Shivers
How severe were your sides? Were they tolerable which is why you kept taking finasteride?
No they sucked, libido went to shyt but I carried on.
So in other words you were not balding. If you were then you would have lost a ton of ground right after quitting. Within a few years you would have been at the norwood level you were supposed to be.

Flat out laughable. Confidence has been debunked, a good body adds at most 1 point in looks, maybe 2 if you start off fat, and "game" is the same as looks.
I respectfully disagree. Confidence with being in top physical shape, (six pack abs) works wonders. Having a full head of hair, with no confidence, no game and being overweight will not net you more women. I used to think the same way you do. If I had only hair, women would be all over me. If you think hot women who are getting 100 messages a day from random dudes only care about if you have hair, I got news for you. These days women look for a guy with great hair, great bod, tall, good career status and the list goes on.

Last edited:

shivers20

Established Member
Reaction score
If you don't have that social circle you are screwed. You don't just jump in a circle, these are established over a long period of time.
Not true. Yes, might be more difficult but you need to put in the work my friend, just recently got my real estate license and do tons of networking which puts me in contact with a lot of hot realtors who I interact with professionally and personally. Choose a profession where you will be meeting women.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. Shivers20 or Shivers

No they sucked, libido went to shyt but I carried on.

I respectfully disagree. Confidence with being in top physical shape, (six pack abs) works wonders. Having a full head of hair, with no confidence, no game and being overweight will not net you more women. I used to think the same way you do. If I had only hair, women would be all over me. If you think hot women who are getting 100 messages a day from random dudes only care about if you have hair, I got news for you. These days women look for a guy with great hair, great bod, tall, good career status and the list goes on.
Ok, but you basically proved my point in the end there. Looks are part of the laundry list of requirements and hair, height, and fitness are big ones. If you lose one of these then you will struggle. Confidence means nothing as it is a byproduct of looking / being good.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Just want to share my story. Joined this forum almost thirty years ago. Edit: My apologies I joined regr*wth when I was 17 years old, so techically twenty six years ago, not thirty, then migrated over to this site. Last visited maybe ten years ago because I was curious to find out if there were any new treatments. There were not.

Things I have learned along the way,

1. You will care about your hair when you are in your 20’s and when you are in your 40’s.

2. I experienced side effects (low libido) from Finasteride in my twenties, stopped taking it in my thirties and I am thankful today because I believe I have retained most of my hair from taking it in my twenties. I suffered through my twenties in the sex department but I have had more sex in my thirties and forties than in my twenties. Life in all areas actually gets better.

3. The next treatment is always “five years away”

4. A full head of hair will not make you successful with the ladies, only confidence, a good body, and “game”. A full head of hair is just a bonus. I always thought if I had a full head of hair I would be swimming in women. Not true. Try to get into a social circle with plenty of women. Best way to get together with attractive women.

5. Dress to Impress. It makes you look more attractive even if you are losing your hair.

6. Make money, start investing early so when you get to your thirties and forties you are financially stable. Women will still be there when you hit thirty. I have dated girls as young as nineteen and I am 43.

7. Last but not least, take a break from the forum once in a while. I believe I was addicted to the forums. Get on a treatment program and spend your time on making bank, working out and building up your social circle. Check out the forums once in a while but don’t let it consume you.

Good Luck!
Sorry bro, looks get you in the door. Personality keeps you in. Obviously hair is part of the entire looks arena including body as you mention.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry bro, looks get you in the door. Personality keeps you in. Obviously hair is part of the entire looks arena including body as you mention.
The sad thing is the delusion these people have. More and more men are realizing that looks are everything.

You want a real blackpill? I was at my best from 16 to 23 with attracting women for 3 reasons. 1. Good face, 2. Full head of hair, 3. Tall enough.

I'm only 5'9 but I'm 31 and 10 years ago online dating wasn't as mainstream. And height was all relative to your social groups and in my groups I was taller than some but shorter than others and women were generally accepting of me regardless.

Now that online dating has taken a stranglehold on the market things have been much worse. Women have tons of guys in their dms, tinder, social media. Guys who are good looking fuckboys who are 6ft tall, really nice face, and full head of hair. You can't compete with this and as I got older things started to get more difficult. Now I'm losing hair and I'm thinking it's over if that happens.

Women hold all the cards when it comes to dating and sex now and men only hold the card to marriage which is worthless now because the government takes care of women.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Totally agree. It's what comes out of your mouth that counts and it's what shapes your personality. Not too many people are into selfish, toxic narcissistic people. They may tolerate it for one night if the person's looks are amazing but long term it will never last. Unless, misery loves company.