Its Been A While Since Last Time I Posted Here. Help!!

Junjun

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've decided to start using minoxidil once a day before I go sleep. Hopefully nothing bad happens.

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude, use minoxidil at least an hour before you go to bed... :) otherwise you get it on your pillow and face.

I would defo stay on finasteride and toss in minoxidil + diclo and either RU or SETI or even both.

Must go all nuclear on this shite disease :)

Junjun

My Regimen
Reaction score
Am I thinning on top aswell? There is my worse temple.
IMG_1983.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1986.JPG
    IMG_1986.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_1981.JPG
    IMG_1981.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 293

Junjun

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some update.. My right temple. Heavy lighting on other picture and the other one without lighting. What you think?

Been taking all kinds of supplements for a month now + been consistent with finasteride 1.25mg a day. Maybe I lost all those hairs during the hospital trip (18 days without fina) and they are starting to come back or something..Been using minoxidil once or twice a day for 2 weeks now aswell.

For comparison there is that one (glasses) photo taken month ago. I do think I see some improvements. Can you give opinion?

Attachments

• IMG_2173.JPG
    IMG_2173.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_2167.JPG
    IMG_2167.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_0628.JPG
    IMG_0628.JPG
    156.6 KB · Views: 285

Junjun

My Regimen
Reaction score
C'mon guys. This thread has over 700 views. Can someone comment what you think about my crown and how aggressive you think the thinning is on my hairline.

I've had this shedding period for like 2-3 months now. From july till this date I've had constant shedding and I dont see it stopping. I've lost like 40% of my hairs volume. When I just sit on my computer I can literally see alot of hairs shedding from my head.. Hope its Telogen Effluvium and not diffuse thinning.

Attachments

• IMG_2059.JPG
    IMG_2059.JPG
    197.6 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_2153.JPG
    IMG_2153.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_2065.JPG
    IMG_2065.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_2150.JPG
    IMG_2150.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 288

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
It definitely looks like diffuse thinning but the last set of photos posted above look like improvement. How old are you? Because you have fine hair, your vertex is going to show more but it definitely is suspect. I don't think its aggressive loss at all.

Junjun

My Regimen
Reaction score
It definitely looks like diffuse thinning but the last set of photos posted above look like improvement. How old are you? Because you have fine hair, your vertex is going to show more but it definitely is suspect. I don't think its aggressive loss at all.

How I'm supposed to fight vs diffuse thinning? Just take my finasteride + apply minoxidil?

Junjun

My Regimen
Reaction score

Hopefully I can somewhat recover from this. All this thinning happened in very short period of time. When I was in hospital (late may to early june) I just remember my hair being very thick and scalp was not visible. I had the 18 days off from finasteride + all the other stress on top of that and I suddenly just started noticing that something is wrong with my hair and it didin't feel the same when I ran my fingers trought the hair..

Junjun

My Regimen
Reaction score
Definetly some thinning going on there. Got tired on looking at my hair so I deciced to buzz it. It will also be easier to see if minoxidil will have any improvement.

I've had buzz cut many times earlier and still got attention from women so I quess that in the end hair is not that important.

Attachments

• IMG_3325.JPG
    IMG_3325.JPG
    210.3 KB · Views: 457
  • IMG_3334.JPG
    IMG_3334.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 346

myfearless12

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man, honestly your story and hair are very similar to mine. I posted yesterday just a few down.

Your hair looks good short so definitely rock that! I think you'll hold strong with finasteride and minoxidil.

Junjun

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man, honestly your story and hair are very similar to mine. I posted yesterday just a few down.

Your hair looks good short so definitely rock that! I think you'll hold strong with finasteride and minoxidil.

I've been on fina for 5 years. Had small break from it during summer. I've been suspecting that its losing its effectivenes and thats why I'm thinning.

Starscream

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes 18 days are not a short period, especially if your scal hair sensitivity to DHT is high. I think you did well starting minoxidil. Judging by your pictures and your story, I think you are the kind of person who can lose many hair if you suspend finasteride.

Junjun

My Regimen
Reaction score
Someone mentioned something about RU? What is it exactly (did not want to start new thread just to ask this).

For public eye my thinning is almost impossible to see, even under direct light which something positive. Last time I had buzz cut during 2011 or 2012 but I was stupid and didin't keep any good photos from that time.

I can still say that my hair is noticeably thinner and there are those very thin spots. Been on fina for 4 months since the 18 days break but still losing much hair every day. That could also be minoxidil shedding since been using it for 1 month. If i take bunch of hair between my fingers and pull them, many of those actually come out aswell..

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For me it looks fine. You just have natural thin hair. How old are u?

Junjun

My Regimen
Reaction score
For me it looks fine. You just have natural thin hair. How old are u?

I'm 23. My dad is a nordwood 6 and baldness runs in his mothers side of the family. His father has full head of hair even at old age.

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 23. My dad is a nordwood 6 and baldness runs in his mothers side of the family. His father has full head of hair even at old age.

Im Norwood 3 Vertex with tonsure. My father has hairs like a lion and also my grandfather.

Your hair still look fine. You are young with 23 if you have really anxiety ,solution = finasteride.

Junjun

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im Norwood 3 Vertex with tonsure. My father has hairs like a lion and also my grandfather.

Your hair still look fine. You are young with 23 if you have really anxiety ,solution = finasteride.

Been on fina for 5 years. My left temple started to recede when I was 17. Thats why I have this weird looking uneven hairline.

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are young and the best solution for you is finasteride. There are no more good options. When you are older then is a hair transplant a option. But with finasteride you can hold your status. That's the point.