Itching!

SadMom

Established Member
Reaction score
What else can a derm give you for seb. dermatitis besides Loprox? I have been battling this for a year now. For a while, I had it under control, and now the same things aren't working. About 3 weeks ago, the derm gave me Loprox, which I rotate with T-Gel and Nizoral. For most of the day, I don't itch too much. but closer to night it gets a bit worse, and in the morning it's quite itchy until I wash again. It is so gross.

I don't know why I have this, or how to get rid of it. I've heard it can be connected to yeast. Anyone know if taking acidophilus works?

Julie

totaldispHAIR

Established Member
Reaction score
There are tons of different types of shampoos you can get from the derma. Since your case is bad, you may need to shampoo every day with just one medicated/prescription shampoo. e.g., Nizoral every day for two weeks, and then start rotating in the others. Your derma should be able to tell you the best way to approach it. But, patience is the most important thing. It takes a while to get it to go away (several months sometimes) depending on how bad it is.

Maybe this is the lesson in life you were given to learn patience. I know how hard it is to not have the answers you want right away...but, perhaps there is some good that will come out of your situation.

mariejoe

Established Member
Reaction score
SadMom said:
What else can a derm give you for seb. dermatitis besides Loprox? I have been battling this for a year now. For a while, I had it under control, and now the same things aren't working.

Hi, Sad Mom,

Try LIDEX [generic name: Fluocinonide cream USP, 0.05%]. It comes in cream, gel, and lotion. You put it on your scalp, and leave it one overnight. I've ued the gel but it's kinda messy. I prefer the cream. Give it a try. Since it's on overnight, it has time to work on your seb. derm./itch.

:)