Itching And male pattern baldness. A Correlation Or Just In Our Heads?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey folks, I've seen many guys report itchiness where they are receding/thinning and I have been one of them myself. Is there actually anything to it? Since being on Androcur my itchiness is less, especially where I am receding. I'm still losing my hair but I feel that maybe its slowed down?
What do you guys think about this? Is itchiness an indication/relation of hair loss or is it just all in our heads?

abcdefg

Reaction score
Hey folks, I've seen many guys report itchiness where they are receding/thinning and I have been one of them myself. Is there actually anything to it? Since being on Androcur my itchiness is less, especially where I am receding. I'm still losing my hair but I feel that maybe its slowed down?
What do you guys think about this? Is itchiness an indication/relation of hair loss or is it just all in our heads?

Nothing in male pattern baldness is true most of the time. I have an itch that is most strongly where male pattern baldness is happening had it most of my life, but the hair loss sped up got worse after a certain age. Everyone is different though your never going to figure your situation from other people because its just different.
Some men go bald much faster and have no itch. The itch might be seb derm stacked on top of normal male pattern baldness. Just treat each separately. In some people there might be a relation, but in others there is not. The itch doesnt tell you anything else except you do or dont itch

dunno

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah i used to have a annoying as f*** itch at temples where i receded, and sometimes midscalp. Almost like something crawling under my skin. That was like 6 years ago until i started finasteride, cant say ive noticed anything like that after.

Vince_Reagan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel there is definitely a correlation, I remember I had really bad itching at my right temple area when it started to recede. Then after 6 months there was same itching at my left side also.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
I never had any itching/crawling with accompanying hair loss until I used Minoxidil and the Rogaine foam increased it a lot. I am a believer that the crawling sensation does exist and usually predicts hair fall however I do not think it has anything to do with hormones 'the DHT itch'. It most likely has to do with hair cycles and when a lot hair enter into a new cycle at once (such as telegen/detaching from the follicle) then you feel a sensation, especially when you are more in tuned with your hair. Some people say treatments help and that could be because it is stabilizing the hair cycles.