ITCH!!!!

KEVING

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello

Right ive been using Nizoral 2% for over a month now and i still cant get rid of this itch. I started using it every 3 days and now im using it every 2nd day. After i use it i try to use a conditioner where possible but the itch is always there.

The itch is really annoying, it feels like its burning at the crown somedays and its a tingle feeling over my entire head.

I have fairly long hair for now, so i dont know if taht could be the problem, i always try my best to get the nizoral right into my scalp.

So has anyone got any ideas cause im exhausted!!?? Please.

Also been on finasteride for a 3 weeks now and ill be seeing a derm in November to try to confirm whether i have male pattern baldness

Thanks in advance

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
How long has this itch been present? Do you also have dandruff or just an itch?
Tricomin has helped me with slight irritation and itch I occasionally get from minoxidil. I also wash and condition my hair everyday. Nioxin shampoo and conditioner work really well too. They have menthol or peppermint in it which soothes the scalp quite well.
That's all I got for ya.

BHD

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You might try using a shampoo with coal tar on the days you don't use Nizoral. That helped me. T-Gel is one that's available pretty much everywhere.

KEVING

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Ye i use T-Gel every other day usually. So do you think Tricomin is the way to go does it just improve scalp health or does it regrow too??

I'm on finasteride so i worry that i cant get rid of the itch cause ive read previously that if you cant get rid of it finasteride wont work.

Im not on any topicals as of now, such as minoxidil.

Cheers

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't know if Tricomin causes regrowth, but many people believe it helps with scalp irritation. Actually you might try Folligen instead. Dr. Pickart developed both products. Folligen is stronger than Tricomin, so you can dilute it and likely get the same effect, at about 1/3 the price. That's what I plan to do when my current supply of Tricomin runs out.

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Nizoral
T/Gel
T-Sal
Tricomin (or other copper peptides)
This is what I had to resort to to take care of my scalp irritation, but it's been working.

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
does american crew have cu peps in their shampoo? what about folligen shampoo
?
thanks
i guess i could just check...but am lazy

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Even if they do, shampoo isn't on the scalp long enough for cu in the shampoo to make any difference.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
mvpsoft said:
I don't know if Tricomin causes regrowth, but many people believe it helps with scalp irritation. Actually you might try Folligen instead. Dr. Pickart developed both products. Folligen is stronger than Tricomin, so you can dilute it and likely get the same effect, at about 1/3 the price. That's what I plan to do when my current supply of Tricomin runs out.

I heard folligen can actually irritate the scalp (I think Cassin mentioned this). But I guess if you dilute it, it shouldn't be a problem. It's certainly priced better the Tricomin.
What I like about Tricomin is, it's not greasy, it has practically no smell, has a conditioner in it, and has menthol which soothes the scalp. I wouldn't count on it's regrowth properties too much.
I don't use Tricomin everyday so the bottle I bought has already lasted me a a few months already.

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think the reason that Folligen is irritating to some people is that it contains higher concentrations of cu. If you look at Pickart's skin care products, the ones with higher concentrations of cu are more likely to be irritating. He suggests, however, that the skin builds a tolerance to cu over time, so that you can tolerate higher and higher concentrations of cu. That's why it makes sense to me to buy Folligen and dilute it if necessary. You're simply getting more bang for the buck.

misterium

Reaction score
^ I think I may try the Tricomin... it sounds more soothing..

Folligen is causing me some next-day itchiness (I apply it after my nightly shower, few hours before bed)... it doesn't sting, but there is numberous random itch spots on my crown area... and it's annoying the next day.

Don't know what to do about Folligen anymore, I'm not sure if I should use it on my hair.. but I do spray it on my face, I think it's good for the skin.

Fran

Reaction score
I think u also could try giving a rest to your scalp, because using many "aggresive" products can result on itching. I tell u because it what happened to me: I was using nizoral on the first wash and t-gel on the second and,after a month more or less,my scalp began to itch more than ever,so I decided to wash my hair with a "normal" shampoo (not leaving t-gel and nizoral,I wash my hair four times a week so one of them I use the normal shampoo) and the itch went away.Hope this be useful.

misterium

Reaction score
Cool..

I guess I'm gonna hold up on using nizoral, T/Sal, and Folligen for awhile, and just stick to baby shampoo and conditioner.

My crown is still in good shape it's just thinning.. and I'm a few days into my 4th month on Propecia.. 27 years old caught my thinning early.

I think you're right, no need to attack my scalp so aggressively when the male pattern baldness itself is still early, and the Propecia should be helping. (no sides at all).

So I'm gonna cut down the use of those agents and see if I continue to itch, and then I know it's just the thinning and/or the Propecia that is causing it...
Cause I had no itch before I started using my regimine.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
viperfish said:
My scalp has been itching alot since I started cu peptides.

In your Revivogen thread you made it sound like its the Revivogen that's making your scalp itch. Confused :?

viperfish said:
No not fake, but just looks totally different. Why?? The formula has not changed that much. Like I said the only addition that I can make out is the menthol. I don't like it and my scalp has been itching all day!

so maybe it's not the cu peptides

viperfish

Reaction score
Nope my hair scalped started itching when I first began cu peptides. However, I started this new batch of revivogen which is causing my scalp to itch even worse. My scalp was bothering me all day today. It is most likely a combination of the two. I am going to drop the cu peptides until it goes away.
Thanks for paying so close attention to my posts though! :wink:

Petchsky

Reaction score
Maybe the itch is regrowth

silkeysmooth

Established Member
Reaction score
HEy BadHairDecade, how many sprays do you use of tricomin on your scalp? I ask, cause the bottle is like 45 bucks, and if i do get it, i want it to last me a while.

Also, do you use it for just itching? or does it help with inflammation? And not inflammation due to minoxidil, because ive had an inflamed/painful scalp since before i started treatments.

Thanks.