Italian Hair Loss Lotion To Hit The Market In 2016

Captain Rex

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Forget about the cost we want the lotion out in the market !!!! The Doctor is with us !!
AND THEN AFTER A MONTH AND A COUPLE OF WEEKS.

No point in putting in faith in this as the company has not shown any actual data and hasn't made any promises.. I dont trust them

THIS IS US, THE HAIRLOSS SUFFERERS.

ironix

Established Member
Reaction score
I trust the lotion just not the company.

Why? Fidia did nothing wrong until now, except that they are slow but I think that's not their fault.
I don't like that they are so quite but we are used to that companys in the hairloss industry always release results and photos and talk a lot about how good their product is but this are often start ups which need funding and investors. Fidia don't need those and therefore don't need to release anything before they don't have a final product and an exact time-to-market plan.

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah ironix is totally right. The only reason public companies do that is to attract investors. Private companies and ones that don't have funds as an issue don't need to use publicity. Look at samumed, funds weren't an issue for them so they didn't say much until they collected the data and released it

Royaume

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just to make sure that everybody understood it as I did...

by 2018 and fino al 2018 means that they think that they will have finished at the latest on the 31st December 2017... (and if this is the meaning of this sentence it would also be possible maybe in November or even earlier....

It's not about assumptions (just to make sure that nobody starts the discussion : I think, I think it will be finished in june 2018...) It's only about the last sentence of the official statement and I think @The 7TH Sense understood it the same way as I did... if not, correct me.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score

by 2018 and fino al 2018 means that they think that they will have finished at the latest on the 31st December 2017... (and if this is the meaning of this sentence it would also be possible maybe in November or even earlier....

It's not about assumptions (just to make sure that nobody starts the discussion : I think, I think it will be finished in june 2018...) It's only about the last sentence of the official statement and I think @The 7TH Sense understood it the same way as I did... if not, correct me.
Why don't they clarify then?

Royaume

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why don't they clarify then?

Nobody knows why the hell they make such a big secret out of it and now we will hear the same answer again: it's a big company, they know that they do....... YES we know and we cannot do anything against it... but very sad that our "hero" Beps left us without a statement.

MrJolly16

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Ok then! So, you mean that at the end of the year (if not earlier) they will have it? Is that what you are saying?

Ohhh, I would like to read new rumours I hate this radio silence...

Royaume

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here you have (again!) the last line:

For this reason, neither exact launch plans nor time-to-market priorities have been defined for the product yet, although we envisage the development of the potential product candidate being completed by 2018.

http://www.fidiapharma.com/en/news/prof-brotzu-s-hair-loss-remedy,3,115

Yes, I asked my Italian friend an hour ago. He told me that in Italian version it means at the latest 31st December 2017... and I think that the English version should be clear... by 2018 from my understanding means also the latest 31st December 2017.

Now we need an English native speaker and an Italian native speaker... I know that the 7th sense said something about this but can't find it anymore.

The 7TH Sense

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

From page 364:

Wait a second. I am optimistic, but since I'm italian I can provide a better translation; the Italian statement is "lo sviluppo durerà fino al 2018" ; the real English translation is "the development will last until 2018", and it can not be interpreted otherwise. If you follow the original italian statement, they clearly say "no lotion in 2017", since the development will last for all this year. In italian they are not using the conditional "potrebbe durare" which could be translated "may last" but they said "durerà", which is the simple future form to be translated with "will last", which express certainty.
Now, even if I think it's an announcement wrote to keep us quiet and to stop sending emails, if we look at the italian announcement, the translation requires "UNTIL". So, in the italian version, they do not expect the lotion to be marketed nowhere in 2017.

Also, I wanted to point out that they said "non sono ancora stati completati gli studi ed ottenuti i relativi risultati", which is translated with "the studie are yet not completed, and results are yet not obtained", which does not specifically mean that they are still trialing. In my opinion, this is the case they would have write it, "test" is a common word also in italian. Do not forget that even if the trials are completed, they have to scientifically analyze every minimum progress and to provide the best interpetation of the effectiveness, which requires a bit. Then starts the marketing plans and the gathering of all resources, so 2018 could be really the case; we even discussed the issues they may encounter when getting liposomes on a mass scale production.
However, I'm optimistic; I frankly doubt it's a "very official" announcement since it's not written by an expert, it seems more to me the officializing of the same email we received from Elena fedeli, with a date put on it randomly just to keep us quiet until the lotion is ready.
But, using the logic, I assume also that, if that's the case, we won't get any update soon from Fidia, and by "soon" I mean until, like, June. It would be senseless to publish that announcement and come out a month later with the results. If they are able to make it before 2018, I see no more the possibility for the lotion to be out in March/April as the AA woman said.

thejuiceman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I recall Brotzu mentioning that alcohol is not a good enough vehicle for delivering equol to the hair follicle. Has anyone tried microneedling followed by topical application of equol instead? Maybe microneedling combined with an ethanol/equol mix would be be a solution to the delivery problem?

Brotzu White

My Regimen
Reaction score
Salve a tutti sono il papà di gaia una delle 2 bimbe siciliane.
Gennaio 2016 primo incontro con dott. Brotzu e figlio. Le parole dopo aver visto gaia sono state le seguenti: "questo è un caso semplice, massimo tre mesi di cura e rientra tutto nella norma" da allora caduti anche quei 4 peletti che aveva.
Maggio 2016 ritorniamo a visita ( nessun risultato) ci comunicano che la lozione utilizzata fino ad allora non era quella definitiva e avevano avuto problemi in laboratori riguardo i lisomi troppo grandi e non sarebbero riusciti a penetrare nel cuoio capelluto e i tappi delle boccette non chiudevano in maniera corretta e che quindi la lozione poteva subire alterazioni e o deterioramento. Ci consegnano la nuova lozione
Settembre 2016 ritorniamo in Sardegna senza risultati altra lozione e speranzosi continuiamo
Dicembre 2016 ci contattano dicendo di continuare con 2 volte al giorno e che i risultati si sarebbero visti come un altro caso di una donna in Basilicata. Non aveva lozioni da mandarci al momento ma a breve le avrebbe inviate
Gennaio 2017 cerchiamo di contattare il prof per avere la lozione che stava terminando, silenzio fino a qualche giorno fa quando arriva una mail che diceva:

"Buongiorno,
sono stato invitato dalla Fidia che è la proprietaria del Brevetto a non
produrre più lozione e a comunicare con alcuna persona.
Cordiali saluti
Brotzu"

Ho provato a contattare sia la Fidia che il dottore ma ad oggi nessuna risposta
Questa è la nostra storia in merito, volevo condividere, visto che ho letto che si parlava di mia figlia in questo forum.
Sono amareggiato per la risposta che ci ha dato e per il fatto che ho letto di "fattore psicologeno e psicogeno"

Gaia ha 5 anni oggi è chiede come mai non mettiamo più la lozione visto che ancora i capelli non crescono, pertanto inviterei queste persone a dare delle risposte delle indicazioni e delle spiegazioni in merito.
Molto arrabbiato
Saluti
Andrea

Translation:
Hi everyone, i'm the father of Gaia, one of the two sicilian girls.
January 2016 first encounter with Dr. Brotzu and son.
His words after seeing Gaia have been these: "this is a simple case, three months of cure and everything will go back to normal". Since then, she lost the four hairs she had left.
May 2016 we return to visit (no results from the lotion) and they tell us that the lotion we were using was not the definitive version and that they had problems with the liposomes being too big to penetrate the scalp and also that the bottles didn't conserve the lotion well, leading to deteroration. They give us the new lotion in September 2016 we had no results again and return in Sardegna hopeful.
December 2016 still no results but they tell us to keep going two times a day and that the results will come, like it happened to another woman in Basilicata. He had no lotion to give us at the moment
January 2017 we try to contact the professor but get no answer, until some days ago:

"Dr. Brotzu here. Fidia told me to no longer share nor produce any lotion, since they bought the rights"

This is our story, i'm saddened and wanted to share, since you talked about my daughter in this forum. Dr Brotzu handwaved the failure with my daughter as "psychogenic alopecia".

Gaia is five years old today and she keeps asking why we don't use the lotion since her hair still isn't regrowing, therefore i invite these people to give me an explanation.
Many thanks.
Very angry.

Source: IESON forums.
Translation: done by me, not Google Translate. Trust me, i'm italian.

After this, it's safe to say this lotion is snake oil.
You can kill this thread.

Captain Rex

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Translation:
Hi everyone, i'm the father of Gaia, one of the two sicilian girls.
January 2016 first encounter with Dr. Brotzu and son.
His words after seeing Gaia have been these: "this is a simple case, three months of cure and everything will go back to normal". Since then, she lost the four hairs she had left.
May 2016 we return to visit (no results from the lotion) and they tell us that the lotion we were using was not the definitive version and that they had problems with the liposomes being too big to penetrate the scalp and also that the bottles didn't conserve the lotion well, leading to deteroration. They give us the new lotion in September 2016 we had no results again and return in Sardegna hopeful.
December 2016 still no results but they tell us to keep going two times a day and that the results will come, like it happened to another woman in Basilicata. He had no lotion to give us at the moment
January 2017 we try to contact the professor but get no answer, until some days ago:

"Dr. Brotzu here. Fidia told me to no longer share nor produce any lotion, since they bought the rights"

This is our story, i'm saddened and wanted to share, since you talked about my daughter in this forum. Dr Brotzu handwaved the failure with my daughter as "psychogenic alopecia".

Gaia is five years old today and she keeps asking why we don't use the lotion since her hair still isn't regrowing, therefore i invite these people to give me an explanation.
Many thanks.
Very angry.

Source: IESON forums.
Translation: done by me, not Google Translate. Trust me, i'm italian.

After this, it's safe to say this lotion is snake oil.
You can kill this thread.
u did a f*****g great job man, f*****g great job.
@The 7TH Sense go f*** yourself in your own ***.