Italian Hair Loss Lotion To Hit The Market In 2016

Pelopeleon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi! A Spanish guy got s-equol (95% pure) from a Chinese lab a few days ago ;)
Considering how the lotion is produced, and the carrier function of liposomes, I could say that appliying s-equol on your skin is completely useless.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Quote from the Fidia statement from last January ''We envisage the development of the potential product candidate being completed by 2018.''
Now English is not my first language, but ''by 2018'' doesn't this imply that this can hit the market this year?

This was discussed ad nauseam when they issued the statement. Apparently in Italian, I believe, it translates more into the product being completed "in" 2018, not "by". So assuming this is in fact true, we can only expect said lotion in 2018.

2 years of checking this thread, I sure hope we arent disappointed here. It would be the greatest disappointment of all time if this doesnt pan out. This is on you Brotzu, you better deliver!

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Considering how the lotion is produced, and the carrier function of liposomes, I could say that appliying s-equol on your skin is completely useless.

"Considering how the lotion is produced": Neither you, nor I, nor anyone here knows how exactly the lotion is produced. How can you "consider" this? What insight could you possibly gain from considering this?

"and the carrier function of liposomes": Liposomes can be effective vehicles for either the slow release of drug, rapid uptake by cells or targeted drug delivery. Considering the fact that Brotzu detailed non-functionalized cationic liposomes with a very small mean diameter, the goal is not slow release but rather targetted delivery to the follicle; literature details the selective uptake of liposomes by pilosebaceous units.

"appliying s-equol on your skin is completely useless": This conclusion does not follow from the previous two parts of your statement at all, sir. Liposomes are not an enigma. They are just another delivery route. As long as the drug passes into the follicle and maintains an appropriate concentration, it will perform its function. Equol is not a compound that is particularly difficult to deliver.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
"Considering how the lotion is produced": Neither you, nor I, nor anyone here knows how exactly the lotion is produced. How can you "consider" this? What insight could you possibly gain from considering this?

"and the carrier function of liposomes": Liposomes can be effective vehicles for either the slow release of drug, rapid uptake by cells or targeted drug delivery. Considering the fact that Brotzu detailed non-functionalized cationic liposomes with a very small mean diameter, the goal is not slow release but rather targetted delivery to the follicle; literature details the selective uptake of liposomes by pilosebaceous units.

"appliying s-equol on your skin is completely useless": This conclusion does not follow from the previous two parts of your statement at all, sir. Liposomes are not an enigma. They are just another delivery route. As long as the drug passes into the follicle and maintains an appropriate concentration, it will perform its function. Equol is not a compound that is particularly difficult to deliver.

science.jpg

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score

image.jpeg

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What's weird is that the German forum also says "by 2018" which makes it really confusing cause who the hell really knows what they mean

Pelopeleon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Have you ever read the interviews with Brotzu? Tell me.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
What's weird is that the German forum also says "by 2018" which makes it really confusing cause who the hell really knows what they mean

They might not even know what they mean.

They've been frank with us. They want the results of the studies to come in, they should be in by now and this may take a couple months to analyze and write up. They also want to work on the manufacturing process of the lotion, that makes sense and we don't know how long that's going to take.

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you ever read the interviews with Brotzu? Tell me.
Yes. Bear in mind that Brotzu also claims that only DGLA or only S-equol loaded in the exact same liposomal systems are completely ineffective for hairloss. Given that they work by different mechanisms, this makes little sense. That, combined with the fact that he has yet to release any data - pictures, hair counts, scalp biopsies - anything substantially compelling, means it is perfectly reasonable to remain skeptical. As a side note, Dr. Brotzu also had a slide in one of his presentations that said that equol works by inhibiting 5AR, which is not entirely true. The man is not a saint. Would it really be unreasonable to think he is mostly right but not perfectly so?

Min0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. Bear in mind that Brotzu also claims that only DGLA or only S-equol loaded in the exact same liposomal systems are completely ineffective for hairloss. Given that they work by different mechanisms, this makes little sense. That, combined with the fact that he has yet to release any data - pictures, hair counts, scalp biopsies - anything substantially compelling, means it is perfectly reasonable to remain skeptical. As a side note, Dr. Brotzu also had a slide in one of his presentations that said that equol works by inhibiting 5AR, which is not entirely true. The man is not a saint. Would it really be unreasonable to think he is mostly right but not perfectly so?

exactly, why doesn't DGLA work alone ? isn't that the reason all this started ? he was testing PGE1 i think as vasodilator on someone with diabetes and it grew hair (did it ?).
it should work alone, but he is trying to convince us to buy his own DGLA/S-equol ratio to get results, what the actual f*** ! and the amount of S-equol in the patent must be too little because it's expensive as f***.

it should be only about vasodilation, because it's the only way this lotion can cure all types of alopecia, for example AA has nothing to do with DHT.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I cant see 2018 happening. Even if the trial proves to be successful and finishes on time, how long will it take to scale up and market this?

Zero

The treatment is going to be administered by Japanese hospitals and Shiseido has already built the facility for culturing the cells and whatnot.

A lot of people overestimate the complexity of the technology; it's resoundingly simple. All you need is a dermal injector like the one RepliCel invented and you're good to go. The dermal injector is the only thing that the hospitals would need to buy if they don't already have something that can do it.

It'll look like this:

You go to the hospital and they take a small biopsy

They ship it off to Shiseido's facility.

You return in a few weeks and they inject your scalp.

Done.

As for marketing, I guarantee you they probably won't hype it up much before they're ready because word of mouth will be the biggest thing and it's an on-demand treatment anyway. They could just put some regular ads saying "Go to www. whatever for a list of hospitals offering it" and I promise you they will have shitloads of customers right away.

Last edited:

Royaume

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Found these pictures on IESON. Someone with the nickname: "Crazyhorse" used a lotion (seems that this lotion contains the ingredients of brotzus lotions) -- Not easy to read because I used google translator. He was so kind to post some pictures. The before pic is from March 2017 and the after pic is from Mai 2017

What do you think about it?
Marzo.jpg
Maggio.jpg

These pictures were also on the thread but from another guy who tested the lotion!

f3b0n6.jpg

1h8paf.jpg

Any thoughts?

It would be great if they are able to get results even if they don't know the exact formula. Imagine how the original fidia lotion works, if some people see results from a lotion which apparently contains the right substances.

Last edited:

paxis

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Found these pictures on IESON. Someone with the nickname: "Crazyhorse" used a lotion (seems that this lotion contains the ingredients of brotzus lotions) -- Not easy to read because I used google translator. He was so kind to post some pictures. The before pic is from March 2017 and the after pic is from Mai 2017

What do you think about it?
View attachment 53381View attachment 53380

These pictures were also on the thread but from another guy who tested the lotion!

View attachment 53382
View attachment 53383
Any thoughts?
Cant compare pics of the 1. guy
The pics of the 2. guy are looking more promising, would be good to know how long he used the lotion tho

Thanks for sharing mate