Italian Hair Loss Lotion To Hit The Market In 2016

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is a specific J-Code in the US?
Fidia published this news last Friday. Unrelated to the Brotzu lotion, but made me curious...

http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...anent-Product-Specific-J-Code-Center-Medicare

it's so they can get reimbursed by Medicaid and medicare (our Govt social medicine programs for poor and elderly) if they use that specific medication which sounds like an injected joint lubricant..they use that code for reimbursement. I think thats what it is.

tzt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It might interest the presentation Power point of the Turin Congress, logically only after the Congress
do you have any idea if he's gonna talk about Androgenetic Alopecia in the turin congress or only about alopecia areata ?

beps63

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
do you have any idea if he's gonna talk about Androgenetic Alopecia in the turin congress or only about alopecia areata ?
In Turin the Doctor, exhibit only the Aloecia Areata trial, but It must meet the leaders of the other trials on Androgenetic Alopecia

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
When was the last 'official' statement or update on this lotion? Has Fidia officially talked about it yet?

no not yet they are hush hush i think until they finish their trials...you can try to skim this thread to find the various information from Fidia but its gotten so bogged down by all of us infighting and ranting etc. Sorry.

The Dr is making a presentation in a week about Alopecia Areata but that is separate from Fidia trials.

InfamousOne

My Regimen
Reaction score
no not yet they are hush hush i think until they finish their trials...you can try to skim this thread to find the various information from Fidia but its gotten so bogged down by all of us infighting and ranting etc. Sorry.

The Dr is making a presentation in a week about Alopecia Areata but that is separate from Fidia trials.

I guess that's the worrisome part. After reading the first post and reactions I had a lot of optimism regarding this lotion. However, we've been hearing the company is expecting to make a statement in September, and that never happened. Since then we've had no pictures or timeline other than pure speculation and reports from people who are allegedly in the study (no proof of that as well).

The only picture we've seen is a child who was supposedly suffering from Alopecia Universalis experience regrowth on their head. While encouraging, as someone who has previously had Alopecia Areata it's also likely that the immune system just coincidentally stopped attacking the hair follicles in that region. If you get a large enough sample size, there must be one or two people that will by the sheer randomness of the disease experience regrowth naturally.

I hope that I'm wrong, but when I take a step back from my blind hopefulness and look at what was delivered by the company, so far we've had nothing. We've had no pictures, no statements past the initial one, no official release date or trial updates. As a company interested in generating profit you would think a lotion that promised stabilization, no symptoms, and potential regrowth of 5+ years would be advertised ad nauseum by now.

Finally, we don't (and probably will never) know how valid the trial results are. Are they going to be independently verified? Are hair diameters measured? Are they not on other hair loss drugs? If a no-name scientist followed the same process from the start to now as Brotzu, I feel many people would have wrote it off as snake oil by now. I hope I'm wrong, but it's bothersome that the *most* we have to go on is anonymous posters (who may have incentive from the company) on an Italian forum telling us it's worth the wait. Also, the fact that it's a cosmetic that's avoided all FDA verification promising all that seems sketchy.

irishlad87

Established Member
Reaction score
letter of Fidia
Evening madam

How are we responding to everyone and there are many who contact us, the clinical study that Phidias is conducting, is not yet finished.

Therefore we can not, to date, to predict the results of efficacy and tolerability, which will be supported by the same studio, with statistically significant findings.

The transition from laboratory scale to a semi-industrial scale, of a product is not a simple process.
However, being a pharmaceutical everything that we do and experience, it must be tested and must also ensure constant characteristics such as not then affect the results we get.
For this reason it has not yet worked out a precise timing for the marketing of the product and any other information disclosed in this respect it is not to be considered correct.

It is the responsibility of Phidias officially update and promptly, all those who, like you look forward to a remedy for this condition.

We are available for any clarification and best regards.

Elena Fedeli
Communication Manager

Just saw on ieson, this is not good as far as i am concerned as a nw3, it will likely be the end of the 2017/2018 before we may see this.

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
letter of Fidia
Evening madam

How are we responding to everyone and there are many who contact us, the clinical study that Phidias is conducting, is not yet finished.

Therefore we can not, to date, to predict the results of efficacy and tolerability, which will be supported by the same studio, with statistically significant findings.

The transition from laboratory scale to a semi-industrial scale, of a product is not a simple process.
However, being a pharmaceutical everything that we do and experience, it must be tested and must also ensure constant characteristics such as not then affect the results we get.
For this reason it has not yet worked out a precise timing for the marketing of the product and any other information disclosed in this respect it is not to be considered correct.

It is the responsibility of Phidias officially update and promptly, all those who, like you look forward to a remedy for this condition.

We are available for any clarification and best regards.

Elena Fedeli
Communication Manager

Just saw on ieson, this is not good as far as i am concerned as a nw3, it will likely be the end of the 2017/2018 before we may see this.
Her email literally says to wait until you hear an official statement from them and then you go and say late 2017-2018, smh lol. You have nothing to base that on.

Just. Wait. Until. They. Are. Done. Simple as that. If the product works no one will want to release it faster than them ($$).

irishlad87

Established Member
Reaction score
Her email literally says to wait until you hear an official statement from them and then you go and say late 2017-2018, smh lol. You have nothing to base that on.

Just. Wait. Until. They. Are. Done. Simple as that. If the product works no one will want to release it faster than them ($$).
It was essentially the bit about scaling up to industrial level, i doubt that would have been mentioned unless they are having some delays with regards to this. Would you not agree?

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If "scaling up" is the only reason there is a delay, then im ok with that.
At least they arent just throwing stuff in a bottle and yelling cure.
Seems like they are at least trying to mass produce the real thing and not BS us all.

Mister_you

My Regimen
Reaction score
It was essentially the bit about scaling up to industrial level, i doubt that would have been mentioned unless they are having some delays with regards to this. Would you not agree?

Its an automated email, everybody who emailed fidia got the same answer from them so be patient and wait for them to finish their trials. Analysing these kinds of emails is futile .

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess that's the worrisome part. After reading the first post and reactions I had a lot of optimism regarding this lotion. However, we've been hearing the company is expecting to make a statement in September, and that never happened. Since then we've had no pictures or timeline other than pure speculation and reports from people who are allegedly in the study (no proof of that as well).

The only picture we've seen is a child who was supposedly suffering from Alopecia Universalis experience regrowth on their head. While encouraging, as someone who has previously had Alopecia Areata it's also likely that the immune system just coincidentally stopped attacking the hair follicles in that region. If you get a large enough sample size, there must be one or two people that will by the sheer randomness of the disease experience regrowth naturally.

I hope that I'm wrong, but when I take a step back from my blind hopefulness and look at what was delivered by the company, so far we've had nothing. We've had no pictures, no statements past the initial one, no official release date or trial updates. As a company interested in generating profit you would think a lotion that promised stabilization, no symptoms, and potential regrowth of 5+ years would be advertised ad nauseum by now.

Finally, we don't (and probably will never) know how valid the trial results are. Are they going to be independently verified? Are hair diameters measured? Are they not on other hair loss drugs? If a no-name scientist followed the same process from the start to now as Brotzu, I feel many people would have wrote it off as snake oil by now. I hope I'm wrong, but it's bothersome that the *most* we have to go on is anonymous posters (who may have incentive from the company) on an Italian forum telling us it's worth the wait. Also, the fact that it's a cosmetic that's avoided all FDA verification promising all that seems sketchy.

I hear you but we just have to wait.

I agree about AA it does go into spontaneous remission..especially children..
I hope it works for AA i thought i had this for a month but i was misdiagnosed..So i hope this works for them its horrible unpredictable disease that can be super aggressive.

I think we just have to wait he's making a presentation in less than a week.
I would not and i am not waiting for it to treat my hair loss..i just started Minoxidil and i have been using topical spironolactone for about 2 months.

I don't know if a big pharmaceutical company would hype the product while in trials..I have seen that with hair loss but mostly from start ups or companies looking for investors...the others would know more than me about this then me.

AUmarcus

My Regimen
Reaction score
They have lots of products in mass production......scaling up, if it happens, will be easy.

AnArcticTaco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In Turin the Doctor, exhibit only the Aloecia Areata trial, but It must meet the leaders of the other trials on Androgenetic Alopecia

How do you know what he's specifically going to talk about? How close are you with Dr. Brotzu?

AnArcticTaco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He says he is his son.
If that's the case, then I really am doubting the legitimacy of the account. Why not get Brotzu, the Doctor himself, speak on this forumn? If he does not want to give out information, why would Brotzu allow his own son to do this?