It seems like there's people everywhere doing hair cloning now.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The biggest problem with iPSCs is to produce massive cell lines with high quality and control them. Over the last 5 years there is massive improvement in this field, and there are lot of private companies and labs working on real solutions and much better culture methods.

And other big thing is cancer risk, which is very low, but still exist.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Regarding the cancer risk, there is none because Stemson is not putting any IPSCs into the skins. They differentiate those cells into dp and epithelial cells and then implant them on the skin.

If something goes wrong then these cells just become normal skin and don’t produce hair (assuming no undifferentiated IPSCs ended up contaminating the hair “gem” that was implanted). Dr Terskikh talked about that during the October 2020 YouTube interview with Dr Wolf.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What makes you think he’s not
For now he is not selling nothing. Just looking for business partners and donations to expand his research and technology on next stage, which I don’t find like something scam.

People and business companies put too much faith and attention on professors in universities. How many scientific papers from journals are translate into real clinical practise? Not too many.

On other side, how many groundbreaking technologies were discovered by mistake? Many.

I am not saying that this Russian guy will cure Androgenetic Alopecia, but who knows? Maybe he has the correct formula, correct culture media, and tested the method in his small room and video taped it. I am not scientist, but if someone of you is, then you can tell if his video is legit or not.

Every research require a lot of money. It is not cheap process. Especially for for beginners. In Russia there are not too many rich venture capital firms, and many Western companies has a lot of of stereotypes regarding Russians, and they are not interested to invest there.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What are the hard parts of the process? What do you think is responsible for keeping this whole thing from working?
They can get IPSCs rather easily. The hard part is converting them into neural crest cells and then into dp cells at scale and with precision:

Easy:
Blood -> IPSCs

Hard:
IPSCs -> neural crest
Neural crest -> dermal papilla

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They can get IPSCs rather easily. The hard part is converting them into neural crest cells and then into dp cells at scale and with precision:

Easy:
Blood -> IPSCs

Hard:
IPSCs -> neural crest
Neural crest -> dermal papilla
Is Stemson Therapeutics the only company to attempt hair cloning with iPSCs? If not, which others have? What bothers me about Stemson is their mouse model didn't show robust hair. If this is the best they could show photographically in a mouse, then I'm less confident how well it would be working in pigs. However, with the new people they're looking to hire, perhaps they will figure out the lackluster issues. I wonder too the difficulty in finding candidates they need to fill these positions. It might be a long time until the right people come along.

I'm honestly more confident in what dNovo is doing but given I never got a single reply from them leaves me feeling questionable as to where they're headed. At least Stemson replied to me twice. And with only 3 people in dNovobio's team, I don't see how they have enough people to do all the operations necessary to move forward. I hope dNovo gets more financial support to grow their operation. With the 2.2 million they have I don't know far that can take them. Also, the patent pending technology being used is disturbing because if no one knows what exactly is being done, how can the technology be used to advance it further? They need to raise more capital to do more. Half the battle in this field is finding a way to get investors. Of course, if no one knows what exactly the technology is that they're using who would be confident enough to make a judgment whether or not to invest? Because of that and Ernesto Lujan wanting to keep a low profile, I don't see how things are going to move ahead with them. I haven't seen a single interview with him in person in video yet. This is the best I could come up with: How Spot the mouse is helping to cure baldness - Life - YouTube.

These creators of these technologies should do a question and answer session with members of the public. The only ones they want to talk to are people with big titles. They treat the public like we're not worth the time, which I find discouraging. It's like there's some elitism going on. I have a ton of great questions I'd like to ask these people. I offered both Stemson and dNovo to participate in this forum but heard back from none of them. This seems like an ideal place to be heard if you have a company working on making a cure for hair loss.

I think I will invite Alexander Demidovich to this forum. Let him explain what he is doing with his own words and let him address our questions. Update: I sent him the link to this page. Let's hope he will participate.

Last edited:

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
unfortunately there is no billionaire on the forum, and that would be all we need as long as the problem of baldness is treated as meaningless and research is progressing slowly

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Raccooner Thank you for the invitation.I hope the others you invited will catch up soon.In 2019, I contacted many
people, including Alexey Terskikh.Then I was ready to just share information, gift solution. And of course, I
thought about how to make money on it. But that was later.

I think I need to tell about myself and how I got into cell technology in general.(started to get interested for
them.) Those who communicated with me via e-mail may have noticed that I am not indifferent to science fiction.
This is a hobby of childhood and youth, without fanaticism of course.These were books, films and subsequently
computer games.This probably played a significant role later.

In the past, I worked in a production facility related to uranium enrichment.If you seen in the video I indicate
the city in which I live.Historically, it so happened that the largest complex associated with obtaining nuclear
weapons was located in this city.Previously, it city was secret and had no name at all.Of course, all the jobs in
the city were concentrated in these factories. After 2005, under the international program that was still signed in
1990, production was almost completely curtailed.Many people were left without work.And me too.

For example, at that time about 120,000 people lived in the city. And more than 30,000 were laid off, and this was only the first wave.
Years have passed in trying to arrange my life.During this time, I tried to engage in various kinds of business.But
the economy, both in the my country and in the city, did not contribute to development.The economic situation in
recent years has generally begin to resemble the late USSR.

By nature, I am a techie.And then one day an idea come me. To create something cool, something that people need,
something that is not there. And of course make some money on it.No, it wasn't hair.But after the birth of
daughters (twins), they began to fall out from me.I slept very little and worked very hard.It was a very difficult
time then.

That idea was to create a bionic prosthetic hand for people after amputation.
A cybernetic brush like in science fiction, it inspired me then.
My study video. From the archive.

But I wanted to make my cybernetic arm better than the ones on the market at the time.The fact is that even the
most expensive and sophisticated prostheses have a lot of disadvantages.The sensor that picks up nerve impulses
constantly loses contact with the skin. And makes it impossible to use such a prosthesis.Of course, many have tried
to solve this issue. And I set myself this goal too.

Further the logic of reflection led under the skin, to the nerves.And for this it was necessary to master new
knowledge for me.In my thoughts, I saw it like a certain device implanted in the dendrites of the nerves. A bridge
between machine and man.And I became interested in cells technology.At the first stage, I chose for myself, as it
seemed to me, an “easy” goal.To study the skin at the cellular level, began with the hairs on it.By that time, I
had read and even printed on paper my favorite books on biotechnology.These were publications released back in the
seventies.I like the writing style of that time.I started experimenting with growth media and skin pieces that I
took from myself. And in a few years I realized that something happened , but not what I expected. Then I
comprehended what I saw and paid attention in more detail.

And yes, they were floating balls on the surface of Petri dishes.I analyzed and compared for a long time what it
is. Having understood what was happening, I changed the conditions and tactics. And in the end we have a technology
hairs embryos, that needs to be studied.

The question about the collection of donations that sounded.Pay attention to the political situation around Russia.
Several Russian large banks have already been disconnected from the international SWIFT system.And this is not the
end.

Also pay attention to the internal Russian laws. For example, the law on " Foreign agents". Recently, it has been
extended to individuals (ordinary citizens). As a result of this law, if you regularly receive funds from abroad,
you may be held liable by law.

I also want to say about the form of conducting experiments in the format of a video log on YouTube.
Earlier, I planned to buy everything I needed as I used to(out of habit), at my own expense.But as a result of the
political crisis, the government depreciates the ruble against the dollar.Prices for nutrient media and growth
factors that are not produced in Russia are rising.

For example, the price of 10 ml of KGF (Keratinocyte growth facto) can reach up to $500. Multiply by 4 at the
current exchange rate. Plus shipping, which is also expensive.

And yet, if I decide to collect donations, it will look like this.My video log of experiments in this format will
be like an open source project.Also, anyone can participate on any basis.As needed, I will simply publish invoices
from supplier firms. In this need to work on the nuances.
Hi Alexander and welcome do the board

Have you tried injecting those cloned hair embryos in your skin (a la Jahoda) or any other experiment that would allow to check if those embryos can actually generate hair?

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You know, sometimes it can be difficult to take something from a petri dish and inject it into your skin. Plus, you don't have much time to make a decision. After repeating the experiment three times, I tried to inject the embryos with a syringe. This stupid intention ended in nothing. A different approach is needed here.
I understand those things are not as simple as we would like to. At least you tried yourself just in case. Thanks for the answer.

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Weird! It seems like he just disappeared. I don't get it. I hope he returns at some point. At least he's trying.

44core

My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't seen a single interview with him in person in video yet. This is the best I could come up with: How Spot the mouse is helping to cure baldness - Life - YouTube.
Here but unfortunately without subtitle

I'm not sure if he says something not showing on the dnovo website already. They turn skin cells into hair cells and needed a year for generating. They needed another year until they grew human hair in mice. They remove a skin stripe and replace it with hair cells and a specific supporting layer. I don't know if they'll do the same way in human. The reporter also mentioned it's ethically controversial but hope it is just noise.

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here but unfortunately without subtitle

I'm not sure if he says something not showing on the dnovo website already. They turn skin cells into hair cells and needed a year for generating. They needed another year until they grew human hair in mice. They remove a skin stripe and replace it with hair cells and a specific supporting layer. I don't know if they'll do the same way in human. The reporter also mentioned it's ethically controversial but hope it is just noise.
Thank you for this piece of information. Are you pretty sure you got the translation down pat? Yes, if this is the way he's getting the hair to grow it is not a suitable technique. Too bad he doesn't mention this in the English text on his web site. It's no wonder then that it is mentioned the process needs optimization. This is disheartening though. It seems we're a lot further away from getting a working cure as most experts suggest.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for this piece of information. Are you pretty sure you got the translation down pat? Yes, if this is the way he's getting the hair to grow it is not a suitable technique. Too bad he doesn't mention this in the English text on his web site. It's no wonder then that it is mentioned the process needs optimization. This is disheartening though. It seems we're a lot further away from getting a working cure as most experts suggest.
if someone is reasonable and observes companies trying to clone hair, knows that the cure is far away, it will not be for people over 30 yeas old, only for our children and grandchildren etc. that is the reality

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This would violate the laws of hair physics. There can’t ever be any male pattern baldness treatment better than hair transplant/finasteride/dutasteride/minoxidil. All treatments and procedures that work in theory, are 5-10 years away. At all times. No exceptions.

Then you have to apply Mice Law. Everything works on mice, nothing works on humans.

Does this HairClone procedure work on mice? Mice Law suggests that it will not work on humans then. Very simple.

Mice Law also states that hair transplant’s, finasteride/dutasteride and minoxidil are the only male pattern baldness treatments/procedures that are allowed to work on humans.

IF a treatment or procedure which is theoretically better than what we currently have, actually worked on a human’s head, a singularity/black hole will open at the top of the person’s head where hair is supposed to be. The immense gravitational pull from this singularity will crush the person and the entire Solar System. Nothing will be able to escape this singularity. Not even hair. Once the smoke settles, you will see a giant hair follicle, 1 billion times the mass of our Sun, hanging out in space, bending the fabric of space, distorting any light you can see behind it, devouring planets, stars, stardust and growing forever until it forms one giant NW0 hairline. Once this happens, Trillions upon trillions of years would have passed and the universe would have reached its end, known as the “Hair death of the universe”, or “The Big Regrowth

These are some elementary hair physics rules that should be known by everyone of every age.

Reactions: H

44core

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 100% sure, my last reply wasn't fully correct tho. The reporter mentioned a potential procedure on human.

He said "similar to a hair transplant, Ernesto Lujan intends to remove tiny cells from the human scalp and replace them with stem cells"
It's also mentioned that the method to produce stem cells out of tissue exists since 20 years and there are two problems.
1. to find the exact formular to activate a certain function (I guess they achieved this) and 2. to get the stem cells back into the human body [rather organism maybe].

Didn't we already see something like stem cell injections?