It Is Ridiculous That Dutasteride Is Not Approved For Hair Loss

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
dutasteride raise free test by 25 % , as well as oestradiol .
and bob , my hair is quite bad , hairline and crown keep miniaturizing despite being on propecia and minoxidil

nir7699

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
These drugs are so weak, they are not even considered a true anti androgen for transgender woman who are on Estradiol. .
So what is the main anti-androgen in your m2f regiment?
In your profile regiment there is dutasteride, why do you still take it?

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had an amazing transition until my hair loss started and depression set in as a result. I did in fact put myself in the hospital as a result of an attempted suicide and thankfully I failed. Had I known only a few years later, a switch to Dutasteride along with a minor hair transplant would have totally reversed it all I wouldn't have even tried. I had an amazing rebound after Dutasteride and honestly wouldn't be here right now had it not been for this drug. I once again have strong locks and a norwood 1 female hairline.

Glad you were able to overcome your tough times.

This is so baffling to me how finasteride could totally fail yet dutasteride was the magic bullet. Did u get ur dht levels tested to see if finasteride was doing anything?

I'm slowly introducing dutasteride into my finasteride regimen (been on finasteride for 10+ yrs) and my main problem is my hairline and temple points.

Were u on ur hrt while on both finasteride and dutasteride?

Do u use generic dutasteride? I got some from costco recently.

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Johnmpb ; did finasteride maitain your hair well ? no sides ?

I did alright for the first 4 years or so even with minoxidil but after that progressively lost more. I think I'm below baseline now. I've reached the point where I prob need to shave soon.