It Is Ridiculous That Dutasteride Is Not Approved For Hair Loss

LocoRoco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so far those four combination was the best, i'm 3.5 months with this regiment and as always, crossing fingers it'd last.

Heyy, you could always become a female? "Ayy?" These things can come with privilege ya know xD. You just gotta pull it off right..

Seriously tho I saw a vid of this guy go from NW5-6 range to Nw2 it was mad, he experimented a lot over the years. I can link it if u want. You don't necessarily have to become a female

nir7699

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just say your a cis-trans non-Binary 1010101 being from Man-kind, they'll be like sure "Mah niga," for you any privilege is too less even in medicine. Here have my prescription booklet and decide what you want...
I'm not a native english speaker so didn't understand what you meant..
I guess you're joking 'cause it doesn't work like that.

Last edited:

nir7699

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Heyy, you could always become a female? "Ayy?" These things can come with privilege ya know xD. You just gotta pull it off right..

Seriously tho I saw a vid of this guy go from NW5-6 range to Nw2 it was mad, he experimented a lot over the years. I can link it if u want. You don't necessarily have to become a female
It didn't make me a female.

Zoro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's easy to get a prescription for it's not a controlled substance or anything, just ask your doctor and if he says no ask another one

nir7699

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's easy to get a prescription for it's not a controlled substance or anything, just ask your doctor and if he says no ask another one
what is a controlled substance? you mean there's no one supervising this subject? as much as i know there are very few doctors who would risk doing this, it's considered 'illegal'.

Last edited:

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And you.. Get off the Finasteride man, I don't know what the f*** it did to your brain chemistry.. where did I say that it's better to have 3 different antidepressants on my menu? You can't make up words other people say so that you have leverage in an argument. Your relationships must be great, seriously..

My relationships are actually great. Maybe because of the fact that I give people space to make their own decisions and I don't judge them when they may have a different experience of a similar issue ( i.e. hairloss ) in their life. You idiots are those who are trying to sink everybody with your boat because 1.) you either don't have balls to do something like that (take finasteride) or 2.) the drug hasn't worked for you as expected and now you're mad (which I totally understand). And because of you, there are so many people who are afraid to even try to find a solution like Finasteride.

LocoRoco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And you.. Get off the Finasteride man, I don't know what the f*** it did to your brain chemistry.. where did I say that it's better to have 3 different antidepressants on my menu? You can't make up words other people say so that you have leverage in an argument. Your relationships must be great, seriously..

Why don't you get off hairloss talk because getting of finasteride is essentially giving up... Unless he is having sides, don't suggest such bs

LocoRoco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I
"We don't have the balls to take something like Finasteride", I.E an anti androgen(what makes us male). Funny enough we're the ones that get to keep our balls. Man, do what you want, it's your life I don't really care what you put your body through. Just don't put f*****g words in my mouth.

Isn't putting fallacies in our head what you're doing?

" You get of finasteride, I don't know what the f*** it did to your brain."
"Your relationships must be great, seriously"
"we're the ones that get to keep our balls. Man, do what you want, it's your life I don't really care what you put your body through."

PS. Early male pattern baldness sees an increase in prostate cancer by the age 60-70 with an increased risk of at least 80% and above
so taking the drug now is a means of both early prevention and treatment of our body's 'sensitive' androgen receptors.

Plus I don't think any of us should have the authority to claim an understanding of how a drug works and how bad it might be when we ourselves can't make professional medical evaluations... Even in those cases every drug behaves differently depending on the user, so don't diss medications just because you might have sides. You do know that 2/3 to even 3/4's of all men will suffer from male pattern baldness at some point and many might try finasteride or Propecia as such. This would resule in a large number of the many 2-5% that suffer extreme side effects and some minor loss of libido for some. Every drug can behave differently depending on our genetic predesposition to it. Please don't slander a drug continuously based on subjective perceptions.

Zoro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what is a controlled substance? you mean there's no one supervising this subject? as much as i know there are very few doctors who would risk doing this, it's considered 'illegal'.

Controlled substances like pain meds/opiates, ADD/ADHD meds like adderall, etc. basically drugs that are illegal to have without a prescription.

Why would it be considered illegal? Prescribing drugs for off-label use is done all the time, if you really can't find a doctor to prescribe it there was a website posted here called medical wellness center or something like that, you fill out a form and pay some fee and they'll send in a legit prescription to any pharmacy

NamelessGhoul

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol, some of you guys are funny. Just because a lot of people are drugged up all the time, and seemingly fine, doesn't mean that finasteride must be safe too. I'm not against anyone taking it, but the logic here is hilarious. Nobody once in this thread condoned taking antidepressants, or any other drug for that matter lol.

Zoro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But what are you guys talking about?? I never said anything about any other drugs being good. I think depressants are just as bad, so is accutane. I'm not saying anti-depressants or other prescriptions can't save your life in specific situations but they are over prescribed. As for Finasteride that's just a joke, it's just hair and your risking your hormone balance.

Again, I don't know what the f*** Finasteride did to your thinking abilities, I have no clue where you're getting the Idea that I think it's okay to be on other drugs but no no no to Finasteride.. The f***.. Just so you know, I had major issues with prednisone(Corticosteroids) a year ago, I took it for minor inflammation issues(that probably would have subsided in a week at most) and it seriously f*****g messed me up for almost 8 months, I had no idea what is was I just took it to my doctors orders. I'm fine now but my endocrine system was shot down completely for a while and I know of other people this happened to. These drugs are way over prescribed.

Plus you talk about how it's prescribed for BPH mainly, but think about it for 2 seconds, there's a difference between a(most Probably) older gentleman taking the drug for prostate issues and a younger kid taking a drug for there hair. Think, just think for two seconds, you are using the side effects of a drug designed to treat BPH for your hair issues. o_O but hey, if you want to keep defending it and using your big words to make yourself feel smart go ahead, i hope for your sake that your body doesn't kill off it's ability to convert testosterone to DHT cause then I doubt you'll be here talking about how it's not that bad.

"It's just hair" why are you even here then? Just to troll, or to scaremonger people? Shave your head and go to the pfs forums. Are you Bobster123 by any chance?

Just because it was originally prescribed for BPH doesn't mean it's not equally as valid to prescribe it for hair loss. And there's links between male pattern baldness and prostate cancer/BPH (here and here). Most if not all the men on my dad's side have very aggressive male pattern baldness like myself and I know two family members that have gotten prostate cancer in their 40s. I'll take a reduced risk of prostate cancer as a bonus.

Understand a lot of us dislike these scaremongering posts because some of us waited or didn't try finasteride because of them and continued to lose hair, I was one of them. I could have maintained an OK head of hair but stuck with a sh*t diffuse NW6 now because I thought my c*** would fall off from taking finasteride from what I read online, and my hair went to sh*t in the year I waited. I guess I was an idiot for not doing more of my own research then.

LocoRoco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"It's just hair" why are you even here then? Just to troll, or to scaremonger people? Shave your head and go to the pfs forums. Are you Bobster123 by any chance?

Just because it was originally prescribed for BPH doesn't mean it's not equally as valid to prescribe it for hair loss. And there's links between male pattern baldness and prostate cancer/BPH (here and here). Most if not all the men on my dad's side have very aggressive male pattern baldness like myself and I know two family members that have gotten prostate cancer in their 40s. I'll take a reduced risk of prostate cancer as a bonus.

Understand a lot of us dislike these scaremongering posts because some of us waited or didn't try finasteride because of them and continued to lose hair, I was one of them. I could have maintained an OK head of hair but stuck with a sh*t diffuse NW6 now because I thought my c*** would fall off from taking finasteride from what I read online, and my hair went to sh*t in the year I waited. I guess I was an idiot for not doing more of my own research then.

How are you now? What norwood...

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol, some of you guys are funny. Just because a lot of people are drugged up all the time, and seemingly fine, doesn't mean that finasteride must be safe too. I'm not against anyone taking it, but the logic here is hilarious. Nobody once in this thread condoned taking antidepressants, or any other drug for that matter lol.

You just didn't get my post. Nobody said finasteride is without sides and nobody said you need to get on antidepressants if you won't take it. But some of you just don't see the big picture, because some people will actually have problems with self-esteem due to the fact that they are losing their hair which CAN lead to some form of depression. Get it now?

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You just didn't get my post. Nobody said finasteride is without sides and nobody said you need to get on antidepressants if you won't take it. But some of you just don't see the big picture, because some people will actually have problems with self-esteem due to the fact that they are losing their hair which CAN lead to some form of depression. Get it now?

Ironically finasteride can lead to depression, maybe we should take both

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Give it some time, it took me 10+ years of finasteride to feel it

2 years left and still not feeling it.

You're talking like it's a FACT that everybody gets depression on finasteride.

"Mean age of the subjects was 25.8(± 4.4) years. At baseline, mean BDI and HADS depression scores were 12.11(± 7.50) and 4.04(± 2.51), respectively. Finasteride treatment increased both BDI (p < 0.001) and HADS depression scores significantly (p = 0.005). HADS anxiety scores were increased, but the difference was not significant (p = 0.061)."

Almost.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score