It Is Ridiculous That Dutasteride Is Not Approved For Hair Loss

BaldingHelpMe

Established Member
Reaction score
It is ridiculous that dutasteride is not approved for hair loss treatments. Why? Is it a business-related decisions since GSK is UK-based and merck is US-based??

I had good results when I was taking finasteride, but after I learned about dutasteride two years ago, I switched. The switch did not give me any better result, but the thought of going back to a potentially weaker drug just gives me an uneasy times.

Dutasteride is approved for hair loss treatment in Japan, why is it not approved in US. Ridiculous!

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is ridiculous that dutasteride is not approved for hair loss treatments. Why? Is it a business-related decisions since GSK is UK-based and merck is US-based??

I had good results when I was taking finasteride, but after I learned about dutasteride two years ago, I switched. The switch did not give me any better result, but the thought of going back to a potentially weaker drug just gives me an uneasy times.

Dutasteride is approved for hair loss treatment in Japan, why is it not approved in US. Ridiculous!

it's not ridiculous. Is finasteride even approved for hair loss? Dutasteride is NOT something that should be taken lightly. I know a bunch of people on here are fine with taking it, or recommending it, but it's a f*****g hardcore drug.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Why do u think it's ridiculous? We don't know 100% why gsk ditched dutasteride for male pattern baldness. People speculate various reasons such as: 1) not profitable enough 2) side effects 3) it didn't outperform finasteride by enough, etc

So gsk did the next best thing. They got it approved for male pattern baldness in Japan and South Korea where regulations aren't as stringent as the US.

Finjunkie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My guess is that FDA would have told them finasteride works well enough, and dutasteride has a property that makes the FDA uncormfortable... A very long half life. FDA is very strict about risk/benefit when a drug stays in your system that long. Say you get ED from finasteride, you stop taking it and outta your system in few days. Side effects with dutasteride? You're gonna have to put up with them possibly for months

nir7699

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it is. and i wonder how long till people stop decide for us what to enter our bodies, controlling our life, in a so called liberal world.

LocoRoco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it's not ridiculous. Is finasteride even approved for hair loss? Dutasteride is NOT something that should be taken lightly. I know a bunch of people on here are fine with taking it, or recommending it, but it's a f*****g hardcore drug.

WHOOPS! i meant to quote the guy below u soz...

Do you speak from experience sheeple, or are you following the general herd mentality... Did you now know tha experiences and thus the perspectives can vary greatly depending on the source. Ever heard of Chinese Whispers and how information can be manipulated depending on how many ears it passes? Humans tend to like gossiping about the 'dangers' of things in life, invoking fear is a distinct characteristic of human behaviour. Like fear is a defence mechanism... Though I know why you might fear because there is a chance of experiencing side effects. The guy who wrote this post might not value sexual side effects, a lack in libido, an increase in estrogen and T, or even a difference in hormones. Though we do not know greatly they might vary, I do not think you have any right to judge the functions of a drug and its side effects based on rumours or the few instances that have disproportionately lead to a drug being branded as unsafe. I feel as such male pattern baldness related anti-androgens are put on a pedestal to define the safety of said drug.

Btw. Consider the f*****g number of drugs people take out there, there are MANY of these drugs out there that f*** with your hormones to treat one thing or the other... Yet its all wrong and UNSAFE asf when its to surpress main hormones. You might be fearing your loss of identity as a male but have you even tried it to see the result?

Accutane, T supplements, birth control pills, ETC. The list is so big I dont even know to but every drug has a side effects.

Don't condemn 1 drug just because it has SUCH a big audience... A performer can only perform as well as the audience see them and like any performer there are to be a few accidents here are there. It is in this audience and the media's control to display how 'miserable' and crappy his performance was... Like I said, the source of any conflict is the source of stimuli for the human brain and a source of gossip.

Plus dutasteride is taken by those with prostate cancer anyway, don't think its unsafe then... Doctors tend to be very conservative with which druggs they want to allow to treat what. Most take a very restricted approach to the prescribing of medication (depending on where u are) and many as such are liable to view male pattern baldness as just another natural occurance that they shouldn't put too much effort into. As from the doctors I know their view is more of a come here with a real problem next time or when your actually NW7 so I can prescribe u this preventive finasteride so that you can maintain your horseshoe. Many don't even know or care about the existence of these drugs and as such haven't gottena around to investing proper drugs and treatments into male pattern baldness.

Last edited:

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well f*****g said.. You can't f*** with your hormones like many people on here do.. I personally would never touch finasteride let alone Duta. Your 5ar enzyme is an incredibly important enzyme, suppressing it is extremely dangerous. If I had a 100% guarantee that coming off the drug I would get back to normal than yes i maybe might consider taking it but your body doesn't work like that. It might decide one day "f*** this 5ar enzyme I don't need it anymore" and then you are fucked for life baby. I really hope they find a cure for people who have gotten ravaged by this drug, f*****g Merck are pure evil and have a special place in hell for them. Profits > Client's safety.. Good luck

Oh really? It's somehow better to have 3 different antidepressants on your menu than to try the drug that many has been on for decades with little to no side effects.

nir7699

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I
WHOOPS! i meant to quote the guy below u soz...

Do you speak from experience sheeple, or are you following the general herd mentality... Did you now know tha experiences and thus the perspectives can vary greatly depending on the source. Ever heard of Chinese Whispers and how information can be manipulated depending on how many ears it passes? Humans tend to like gossiping about the 'dangers' of things in life, invoking fear is a distinct characteristic of human behaviour. Like fear is a defence mechanism... Though I know why you might fear because there is a chance of experiencing side effects. The guy who wrote this post might not value sexual side effects, a lack in libido, an increase in estrogen and T, or even a difference in hormones. Though we do not know greatly they might vary, I do not think you have any right to judge the functions of a drug and its side effects based on rumours or the few instances that have disproportionately lead to a drug being branded as unsafe. I feel as such male pattern baldness related anti-androgens are put on a pedestal to define the safety of said drug.

Btw. Consider the f*****g number of drugs people take out there, there are MANY of these drugs out there that f*** with your hormones to treat one thing or the other... Yet its all wrong and UNSAFE asf when its to surpress main hormones. You might be fearing your loss of identity as a male but have you even tried it to see the result?

Accutane, T supplements, birth control pills, ETC. The list is so big I dont even know to but every drug has a side effects.

Don't condemn 1 drug just because it has SUCH a big audience... A performer can only perform as well as the audience see them and like any performer there are to be a few accidents here are there. It is in this audience and the media's control to display how 'miserable' and crappy his performance was... Like I said, the source of any conflict is the source of stimuli for the human brain and a source of gossip.

Plus dutasteride is taken by those with prostate cancer anyway, don't think its unsafe then... Doctors tend to be very conservative with which druggs they want to allow to treat what. Most take a very restricted approach to the prescribing of medication (depending on where u are) and many as such are liable to view male pattern baldness as just another natural occurance that they shouldn't put too much effort into. As from the doctors I know their view is more of a come here with a real problem next time or when your actually NW7 so I can prescribe u this preventive finasteride so that you can maintain your horseshoe. Many don't even know or care about the existence of these drugs and as such haven't gottena around to investing proper drugs and treatments into male pattern baldness.

Yes, I am speaking from experience indeed. Doctors should recommend or criticise, but in a corrected world we should have the right to decide for ourselves what to do with our bodies, as long as we don't harm others. Kitchen knives are dangerous - does anyone have the right to tell us not to use sharp knives? because we might use them incorrect in our kitchen and no one would know except us.
Internet knowledge is the best source we have, better than doctors. I heard lots of nonsense from doctors. Their titles aren't making them knowing-all.
Yes, there are many liars there, thieves, scums. Yes, we should be careful, but no one, NO ONE should ever decide for us what to do with our bodies as long as we don't harm others.

nir7699

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh really? It's somehow better to have 3 different antidepressants on your menu than to try the drug that many has been on for decades with little to no side effects.
Actually anti-depressions don't work for everyone as well, and yes, i'm speaking from experience on this too. they sure can do as much damage as dutasteride, and even worse, surely can cripple you and ruin your life.

LocoRoco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I

Yes, I am speaking from experience indeed. Doctors should recommend or criticise, but in a corrected world we should have the right to decide for ourselves what to do with our bodies, as long as we don't harm others. Kitchen knives are dangerous - does anyone have the right to tell us not to use sharp knives? because we might use them incorrect in our kitchen and no one would know except us.
Internet knowledge is the best source we have, better than doctors. I heard lots of nonsense from doctors. Their titles aren't making them knowing-all.
Yes, there are many liars there, thieves, scums. Yes, we should be careful, but no one, NO ONE should ever decide for us what to do with our bodies as long as we don't harm others.

I think ur previous post was worded badly...

nir7699

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dutasteride can be prescribed off label for hair loss, how else do you think many of us get prescriptions?
I don't know, how do you get a prescription? And how do you get for spironolactone, for estrogen? Many people would be happy to know that.

nir7699

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I asked my endocrinologist after Finasteride was a total failure. As far as Spironolactone and Estradial good luck, I am transgender and it's part of my treatment. Sprionolactone will do nothing for hair loss, it's a weak and trashy anti androgen at best. I wouldn't depend on either AA's or Estradiol for hair loss treatment, My hair loss didn't even start until after I was on HRT for a few years. Pretty much everyone you see with success stories using these drugs are almost always using some form of Minoxidil and DHT inhibitor which is most likely contributing to their success.
I know, spironolactone won't work alone, i'm taking dutasteride and estradiol and using minoxidil too. but without the spironolactone - they are not effective enough. I cannot get a prescription, it costs fortune because of that, and always there's a risk it won't arrive.

LocoRoco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dutasteride can be prescribed off label for hair loss, how else do you think many of us get prescriptions?

From what I have learned, n0t too many nordwood 3'ers or even 2's will be prescribed this by doctors... I haven't seen any yet on these forums and mostly just order online

LocoRoco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know, spironolactone won't work alone, i'm taking dutasteride and estradiol and using minoxidil too. but without the spironolactone - they are not effective enough. I cannot get a prescription, it costs fortune because of that, and always there's a risk it won't arrive.

If those two aren't enough, your options are very limited dude :(

LocoRoco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just say your a cis-trans non-Binary 1010101 being from Man-kind, they'll be like sure "Mah niga," for you any privilege is too less even in medicine. Here have my prescription booklet and decide what you want...

LocoRoco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry not mocking you just making a point... That its retarded how the only selectively prescribe drugs despite how we implore for them.