It is over......I am shedding Terminals

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You been away for some time Taug, hope all's well. How many months for you now on dutasteride..I think you are a month or tow longer than me 5-6 months? I'm still losing lots and reduced dose to EOD after 3 months and last few weeks went to 2-3 times a week to try and get this loss to slow down. Hair has been pretty dry too..I can agree with some of those who say they feel a change in hair texture..

Good to hear your loss slowdown..I agree its some way of measuring things improving...loss slows down and regrowth overtakes the loss hopefully...You hopefully on the turnaround now.

I get 20-30 hairs on the pillow in the morning and lose a good few showering every day. If I start to see less on the pillow then I will know things are on the up..really need that to happen soon as hair looks so bad at the moment

barcafan

Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
barcafan said:
But the thing is you dont know $#iT about how the human body works (and, to a certain extent neither do i). For all you know It could be that at the times you shed 100 hairs you are regrowing 95, and then say in a year you are shedding 50 hairs and growing back 30, which do you think is going to cause you to go more bald?

You don't physiologically know how these things work, its not just simple math wherein if you shed more in total you have a less chance of going bald than if you shed less in total. I mean that COULD be the case but it also could not be the case, my point is that you cant assume $#iT like that. The body is NOT a machine which you can simply analyze in such a basic manner.

Okay, you got me on this one...... :roll: Of course, I don´t know how many are actually growing back.
But why the hell there should suddenly be less hairs growing back? That makes no sense. Increased shedding IS a sign of balding. And mine has stopped. Those who saw success reported the same (less shedding). So for me it is definetly a very good sign.

I'm not trying to belittle your success,Taug if you think you are improving then you most likely are improving. I'm just saying that you cant assume less shedding always means less baldness. It could very well be the case but it could also not mean jack. Maybe i shouldnt have even said anything it doesnt matter. I hope you are seeing improvement in your hair in the future

G

Nick4441 said:
You been away for some time Taug, hope all's well. How many months for you now on dutasteride..I think you are a month or tow longer than me 5-6 months? I'm still losing lots and reduced dose to EOD after 3 months and last few weeks went to 2-3 times a week to try and get this loss to slow down. Hair has been pretty dry too..I can agree with some of those who say they feel a change in hair texture..

Good to hear your loss slowdown..I agree its some way of measuring things improving...loss slows down and regrowth overtakes the loss hopefully...You hopefully on the turnaround now.

I get 20-30 hairs on the pillow in the morning and lose a good few showering every day. If I start to see less on the pillow then I will know things are on the up..really need that to happen soon as hair looks so bad at the moment

I started in late May. I take about 3/4 pills a week (not really counting)