It is over......I am shedding Terminals

T

Timi

Translation minoxidil

It is also inevitable that there are some humans, who do not stand Minoxidil. It can be the fact that Minoxidil harms some humans more as if is useful and the Wachstumszyklus of the hair follicles is affected unfavorably. If that is the case, the treatment should be broken off.

Timi

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Timi said:
Translation minoxidil

It is also inevitable that there are some humans, who do not stand Minoxidil. It can be the fact that Minoxidil harms some humans more as if is useful and the Wachstumszyklus of the hair follicles is affected unfavorably. If that is the case, the treatment should be broken off.

Timi

at school, they told us hitler used minoxidil on the jews. Is this true Timi? Only you can tell us.

T

Timi

flimflam

Hitler was for long time i am to young

this Question is for Grandma or Grandpa
but all dead

When Allusion

Amis and the indians-Vitnams -Iraks-Japan(Hiroshima) and and .............
Amis No better

timi

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
Yes, I guess that´s it…… I have finally lost the struggle against hairloss, but let me tell you from the beginning. 10 months on Finasteride slowed it down a bit, but I wanted to stop the disaster, so I decided to upgrade for Dutasteride. After the initial shedding weeks my hairloss seemed to have stabilized. I was quite happy so far. Then I started Rogaine Foam in order to get some regrowth. No results so far apart from a bloated face, until last weekend. I suddenly started losing dozens of hairs while showering and particularly at combing my hair afterwards. At first I tried to ignore it, thought it was a bad hair day or something. But last night I counted……After shampooing I found 13 hairs in my hands, the average number before was between 3 and 6. But the true shocking came when I combed my wet “hairâ€￾ after showering. I found 17 hairs on my comb! AFTER showering!! And these were not vellus hairs shed by minoxidil, but thick and healthy terminal hairs!!! I am desperate now. I am on dutasteride and Min, the strongest treatments, but I continue losing ground due to my aggressive hairloss. Now I am constantly thinking about what else can I do? Are my treatments TOO strong for my hairloss, shall I stop dutasteride or Min and go back to finasteride? OR maybe I should stop treatments altogether, just go bald and kill myself  Time to say goodbye, I guess1
What else can I do?

you can cut off your balls, I am sure it will halt your hair loss.

barcafan

Reaction score
dont be a pussy and stay on treatments. what do you have to lose you know you're going bald without treatments anyway.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
barcafan said:
dont be a p**** and stay on treatments. what do you have to lose you know you're going bald without treatments anyway.

Haha, I love your sincerity, barca. Still, good post.

antonio666

Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
Taugenichts said:
Yes, I guess that´s it…… I have finally lost the struggle against hairloss, but let me tell you from the beginning. 10 months on Finasteride slowed it down a bit, but I wanted to stop the disaster, so I decided to upgrade for Dutasteride. After the initial shedding weeks my hairloss seemed to have stabilized. I was quite happy so far. Then I started Rogaine Foam in order to get some regrowth. No results so far apart from a bloated face, until last weekend. I suddenly started losing dozens of hairs while showering and particularly at combing my hair afterwards. At first I tried to ignore it, thought it was a bad hair day or something. But last night I counted……After shampooing I found 13 hairs in my hands, the average number before was between 3 and 6. But the true shocking came when I combed my wet “hairâ€￾ after showering. I found 17 hairs on my comb! AFTER showering!! And these were not vellus hairs shed by minoxidil, but thick and healthy terminal hairs!!! I am desperate now. I am on dutasteride and Min, the strongest treatments, but I continue losing ground due to my aggressive hairloss. Now I am constantly thinking about what else can I do? Are my treatments TOO strong for my hairloss, shall I stop dutasteride or Min and go back to finasteride? OR maybe I should stop treatments altogether, just go bald and kill myself  Time to say goodbye, I guess1
What else can I do?

you can cut off your balls, I am sure it will halt your hair loss.

totally helpful comment as usual,can somebody turn this guy off

jcosta

Reaction score
Taug',

I understand your pain. I just wanted to tell you that it's not necessary to feel like life is over just because you are losing your hair. Naturally, all of us who visit this site want to improve our hairloss condition. This is why we visit here to be amongst the community of balding people and to share our experiences. However, to threaten to end it all is way too extreme.

I'm currently 43 years old and am an NW3v. I've been trying to fight my hairloss since I was 19; Yes, a good number of years.

Like you, when I was younger, I felt my situation desperate with my hairloss at a time when nothing really existed to deal with this. minoxidil was only in it's trial phase at the time.

I flunked out of college and was extremely depressed because of my preoccupation with hairloss. I will tell you this, as I tried to work on my self-esteem I noticed that more women started to become more "friendly" with me. It was then that I realized that women didn't care about my hairloss, only my self-esteem.

When I felt unworthy, it was a total turn-off. As soon as I started putting things in to context and started to feel more positive about myself despite my hairloss, the women started coming around. I'm saying this assuming you like women and that you feel that your hairloss would make you less appealing to them.

I consider myself "too good-looking to be ugly and too ugly to be good looking." In other words, I'm an average guy with average looks. I've also been married twice and am currently in my 12th year of marriage. My wife loves me no matter how much hair I'm losing.

What's the moral of this story? Don't place your worth on your hair. Keep your chin up and stay positive. Especially these days with all of the remedies available. Some work, some don't...

Sorry to sound preachy but I just wanted to give you some words of encouragement. And if you're wondering why I'm trying to improve my hair it's because I'm doing it for myself. I'm no different than someone who is going for a facelift, a nose job, botox injection, well, you get the idea. Just keep doing what you are doing and appreciate what God gave you, life...Good luck, man!

wanttobehippie

Reaction score
reason for strong shedding found

Hello Taugenichts,
Did you check, if your hairloss is only androgenetic?
Then Finasterid is the best against it, because it blocks DHT systemically. Then comes Minoxidil according to statistics. Pantostin is said to be weaker than minoxidil.
Now that I have found out that the reason for my extreme shedding is, though androgenetic pattern, that my iron reserves are EMPTY, and that this can be from wrong nutrition, sugar and a mess of vitamins/minerals because of extra pills, I can't say, wether the shortening of my hair during my minoxidil-time is not due to this nutrition.
After 1/2 year of shedding WITH finasterid I found a hair 2cm near my last forehead-wrinkle, that means: It is coming down!! At least in the middle. So it works!!! So you see: Patience and belief, don't panic.
But now I have to stop finasterid, because the producers of propecia say, I'm right, finasteride affects my voice!!! Some people noticed that I have a young man's voice and look an excperienced man. :wink:
So, finasterid is not good for guys in puberty!
Hope you find my correction.

G

Re: reason for strong shedding found

wanttobehippie said:
Hello Taugenichts,
Did you check, if your hairloss is only androgenetic?
Then Finasterid is the best against it, because it blocks DHT systemically. Then comes Minoxidil according to statistics. Pantostin is said to be weaker than minoxidil.
Now that I have found out that the reason for my extreme shedding is, though androgenetic pattern, that my iron reserves are EMPTY, and that this can be from wrong nutrition, sugar and a mess of vitamins/minerals because of extra pills, I can't say, wether the shortening of my hair during my minoxidil-time is not due to this nutrition.
After 1/2 year of shedding WITH finasterid I found a hair 2cm near my last forehead-wrinkle, that means: It is coming down!! At least in the middle. So it works!!! So you see: Patience and belief, don't panic.
But now I have to stop finasterid, because the producers of propecia say, I'm right, finasteride affects my voice!!! Some people noticed that I have a young man's voice and look an excperienced man. :wink:
So, finasterid is not good for guys in puberty!
Hope you find my correction.

Hey, it is definetly androgenetic. It was confirmed by two different derms. But why did you stop Finasteride? Is a young man´s voice so bad for you? Worse than losing hair? It is your choice though I don´t understand it. Good Luck my friend!

Meanwhile my shedding goes on and on. It has become a little bit less, maybe because I have hardly any hairs left. Though I gotta say that I can´t really say that my hair has become noticeably thinner the last weeks/months. I will continue with minoxidil and dutasteride even though I doubt it is doing anything at all.

G

Good news!

It seems that my shedding has stopped. The last days I lost less and less hairs. Today I took a shower and didn´t lose a single one while shampooing. Let´s hope male pattern baldness isn´t just taking break but is actually under control :/
a090.gif

RaginDemon

Reaction score
jeez how many times you need to be told, its not how much you shed, its how much that actually grows back.

If your happiness depends on the volume of hair you shed, you will have so many heartattacks from time to time.

G

RaginDemon said:
jeez how many times you need to be told, its not how much you shed, its how much that actually grows back.

If your happiness depends on the volume of hair you shed, you will have so many heartattacks from time to time.

Dude, you aren´t good at maths, are you? Look, when I am shedding like 100 hairs a day, but only 50 are growing back, then I am going bald. But when I am shedding only 30 and about the same amount grows back I have nothing to be worried about.

barcafan

Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
RaginDemon said:

Dude, you aren´t good at maths, are you? Look, when I am shedding like 100 hairs a day, but only 50 are growing back, then I am going bald. But when I am shedding only 30 and about the same amount grows back I have nothing to be worried about.

How do you know how many are growing back, anyway?

G

barcafan said:

:roll:

Jesus, it was just an example. I don´t know how many are actually growing back. Since now I am shedding less, like before I started going bald, there is a higher chance for me to maintain my hair. Who told you guys that the amount of shed hairs says nothing??

chino20

Established Member
Reaction score
Taug where do u get your dutasteride from? I'm shedding loads at the moment and there doesn't seem to be any stopping it. I'm getting loads of hairs in the sink after just touching my hair. F*ck sake.

barcafan

Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
barcafan said:

:roll:

Jesus, it was just an example. I don´t know how many are actually growing back. Since now I am shedding less, like before I started going bald, there is a higher chance for me to maintain my hair. Who told you guys that the amount of shed hairs says nothing??

But the thing is you dont know sh*t about how the human body works (and, to a certain extent neither do i). For all you know It could be that at the times you shed 100 hairs you are regrowing 95, and then say in a year you are shedding 50 hairs and growing back 30, which do you think is going to cause you to go more bald?

You don't physiologically know how these things work, its not just simple math wherein if you shed more in total you have a less chance of going bald than if you shed less in total. I mean that COULD be the case but it also could not be the case, my point is that you cant assume sh*t like that. The body is NOT a machine which you can simply analyze in such a basic manner.

G

barcafan said:
But the thing is you dont know $#iT about how the human body works (and, to a certain extent neither do i). For all you know It could be that at the times you shed 100 hairs you are regrowing 95, and then say in a year you are shedding 50 hairs and growing back 30, which do you think is going to cause you to go more bald?

You don't physiologically know how these things work, its not just simple math wherein if you shed more in total you have a less chance of going bald than if you shed less in total. I mean that COULD be the case but it also could not be the case, my point is that you cant assume $#iT like that. The body is NOT a machine which you can simply analyze in such a basic manner.

Okay, you got me on this one...... :roll: Of course, I don´t know how many are actually growing back.
But why the hell there should suddenly be less hairs growing back? That makes no sense. Increased shedding IS a sign of balding. And mine has stopped. Those who saw success reported the same (less shedding). So for me it is definetly a very good sign.