Issues With Hairline - Tape Vs Glue?

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
So far in the ~2 months I've been wearing I've been unable to get my hairline to look good using tape.

If I put the tape extremely close to the edge where the lace meets the hair, the hairline is not only raised (owing to the bulk of the tape), but, worse so, once it begins to lift, the tape is entirely visible.

If I keep the tape farther away from the perimeter, I have a far more comfortable hold, and, given that my hair is brushed downward, a far more natural look.

That said, if my hair flips up, so does the exposed lace.

I've been using Got2B to stick my hairline down to combat this issue to far, but I'd like a more substantial solution.

I'm terrified about using a glue like Ghostbond as I know it makes a mess in the lace/base.

I'm also wondering how in the world I'd apply a glue to my scalp, then stick down the base without getting hair stuck in the glue; every time I use Got2B, the hair at edge of the lace gets stuck. Fortunately, Got2B is water-soluble so it's not difficult to release the hair; but I can't imagine how people use a strong wig glue without getting hair stuck in it...

Noah

Reaction score
In my experience there is only one tape that is fine enough for an exposed hairline, and that is Walkers 3-mil thin lace support tape. It is just semi-solid glue sold in a tape format - there is no polythene film in the middle. All the other tapes, as you say, are too bulky and visible for hairlines.

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wear with exposed hairline ( see my posts) and tapes won't give good results.
My prefered method is use no shine contoured tape (A contour in my case) about 1/2 inch from edge of exposed hairline (from temple to temple in my case) and tape right to edge for rest of hairpiece.
Then attach. Then, for the 1/2 inch front, I use a fine tooth comb and press into my skin at the edge of lace front. ( instead of using a make-up marker), then flip the hair back using clips. I apply ghostbond, using fine brush using the marks left by the comb on my skin as the guide.?..I put 2 thin layers, and let dry at least 5 mins.
Then remove clips, use a large tooth comb to lay the lace on the glue. Trick is having glue exactly where the lace edge is.
RemovaL is easy..spay lace release or alcohol 99 in my case, let soak a good 2 minutes, then lift.