Is what depress saying is true or?

Jm0311

Reaction score
that guy depress......hmmm his comments on finasteride seem kind of skeptical.

is he just the 3 percent? f*** i wish there werent guys like him. that keep me from going to walgreens to get on propecia.

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
some people, a low percentage are very sensitive to the drug. But alas, there is only one way to find out if you fall into this category.

depress

Reaction score
haha sorry dude, i wish i could tell you some better news. I actually started hanging around these forums again to try and find some answers (I was addicted to them back in 04', but i was on the other side of the argument). I may have had an isolated bad reaction to finasteride. On a positive note, if you do decide to take finasteride, and you do have a bad reaction, you can do things to fix your system. Hairloss scared me pretty bad so i started finasteride, but i had bad sides that didn't stop after i discontinued finasteride. So be careful, I have no reason to flame this website, im just trying to help guys make a more educated desicion than i made. If you do take finasteride (many people do and have few/no sides) and if you have sides there are things you can do to help.

Jm0311

Reaction score
I may have had an isolated bad reaction to finasteride. On a positive note, if you do decide to take finasteride, and you do have a bad reaction, you can do things to fix your system.

what do you mean fix your system? can you please allaborate?

Hairloss scared me pretty bad so i started finasteride, but i had bad sides that didn't stop after i discontinued finasteride.

what kind of sides? how long did you have the sides before you actually stopped?

depress

Reaction score
Jm0311 said:
I may have had an isolated bad reaction to finasteride. On a positive note, if you do decide to take finasteride, and you do have a bad reaction, you can do things to fix your system.

Hairloss scared me pretty bad so i started finasteride, but i had bad sides that didn't stop after i discontinued finasteride.

what kind of sides? how long did you have the sides before you actually stopped?

Sides.........decreased sensitivity(you will feel like your unit is not connected to your brain) no morning wood, no spontanios wood. wayyyy wayy decreased sex drive(wayyyyy). You may be able to fix your system by treating it in the same way weight lifters treat a round of steroids. DHT reduces, testosterone goes up (then down). you need to get your system to make testosterone. Clomid is a perscription drug used for male fertility, steroid users have used that to restart the HPTA. finasteride is bad stuff but if you want to try it just be aware that life is not over if it shuts down your system

barcafan

Reaction score
depress said:
Jm0311 said:

Sides.........decreased sensitivity(you will feel like your unit is not connected to your brain) no morning wood, no spontanios wood. wayyyy wayy decreased sex drive(wayyyyy). You may be able to fix your system by treating it in the same way weight lifters treat a round of steroids. DHT reduces, testosterone goes up (then down). you need to get your system to make testosterone. Clomid is a perscription drug used for male fertility, steroid users have used that to restart the HPTA. finasteride is bad stuff but if you want to try it just be aware that life is not over if it shuts down your system

BLATANT fear mongering.

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, I thought I'd just add that I've had absolutely no side effects after 4 months on finasteride...no regrowth either, but it's still early days.

The only way you'll know is if you give it a try. I'd say you're gonna try sooner or later so you may as well start now and give yourself the best chance of success.

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
depress said:
DHT reduces, testosterone goes up (then down).

That's not true. Once T goes up it stays up. It doesn't spike like a lot of people think.

Jm0311

Reaction score
yea i see you are probably one of the normal ones that take propecia...i think i might go with .5 mg a day and if i have any sexual sides i might stop

depress

Reaction score
O.K go ahead and take some finasteride, I just hang out on hairloss boards and drum up fear of drugs because I get a kick out of it. Im trying to save a few guys from going through the hell that i went through. Imagine going through side effects that are so bad that you don't care about hair loss anymore. Hairloss scares the crap out of me, but my sides are even worse. Have fun taking finasteride you are about to be dead inside.

Jm0311

Reaction score
how many people in the world take finasteride? and how many actually get sides? i mean sooo many people are taking propecia without any sides

depress

Reaction score
Skaff said:
depress said:

That's not true. Once T goes up it stays up. It doesn't spike like a lot of people think.
did you do a study or are you just making stuff up. what is your current serum and free testosterone level. I had my pre-finasteride levels and current levels tested, what are yours? mine where mid 700s pre finasteride, and are now low 400, is my doctor wrong, do you want to explain to him where he F'ed up the blood test?

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
depress said:
Skaff said:
depress said:

did you do a study or are you just making stuff up. what is your current serum and free testosterone level. I had my pre-finasteride levels and current levels tested, what are yours? mine where mid 700s pre finasteride, and are now low 400, is my doctor wrong, do you want to explain to him where he F'ed up the blood test?

Well that's because you're one of the unlucky 3% buddy. The other 97% of us have increased levels of T. That's the way it is...it didn't work for you, get over it.

Jm0311

Reaction score
so i guess there are two types of finasteride users on here

1. Take finasteride with very little sides/or none and just on here to research new forms of preventing male pattern baldness.

2. The unlucky 3 percent who finasteride didnt work or fucked them up now they are on here to b**ch and tell others not to take it