Is this thing broken, or is everyone on holiday?

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would like to know where you all come from and how many €€ or $$ you spend for a system incl everything (cut-in, first time bonding)

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would like to know where you all come from and how many €€ or $$ you spend for a system incl everything (cut-in, first time bonding)
About $240 for a LaVivid system, delivered to the US. Tape and glue about $50 for about a 6 month supply( weekly rebond)...Initial cut in/hair cut $40... $20 for trims.

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
NYC / $150-250 per *toupee* (enough with this marketing jargon). / $10-15 for glue occasionally idk / DIY cut-in and everything else.

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd gladly pay double or triple per unit if I had any confidence that the quality corresponds to the price, which obviously I don't.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is totally marketing jargon. People want to escape certain words. It's not unreasonable.
What's comical is, it couldn't be further from a system. It's a single entity. Unit is appropriate, but not system.

Noah

Reaction score
Interesting to see that the Chinese sellers like Lordhair and LaVivid seem to be trying to habilitate the word "toupee" after several decades when it was in the marketing doghouse. I wonder if it will catch on. It is, after all, the most accurate descriptor of what most of us are wearing. "Wig" really means a full cap. "Hairpiece" is a generic word for any kind of hair prosthetic. "Hair system" is pure marketer-speak, which has a totally counter-productive effect. If you say "I'm wearing a hair system" people automatically hear "I'm wearing a toupee, but I'm in denial".

Fanjeera

Reaction score
About $240 for a LaVivid system, delivered to the US. Tape and glue about $50 for about a 6 month supply( weekly rebond)...Initial cut in/hair cut $40... $20 for trims.
Similar, but all in €. Cut-in as well 20 though.