is this the same sulfotransferase in the scalp hair and in the body hair follicle?

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is the scoop: some people will not respond well to topical because they do not possess enough of the enzyme to convert minoxidil into its active metabolite. However, some people do have plenty of this enzyme in their scalp. Regardless of which one you are, what oral minoxidil does is sort-of prime the drug - when ingested, your liver contains a lot of the enzyme and will convert a lot of the minoxidil into its active metabolite. So you could reasonably deduce that oral will affect more body/facial hair. With topical, some of it does go systemic, so it could potentially increase hair in other areas, but it would not nearly have the same impact as oral.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is the scoop: some people will not respond well to topical because they do not possess enough of the enzyme to convert minoxidil into its active metabolite. However, some people do have plenty of this enzyme in their scalp. Regardless of which one you are, what oral minoxidil does is sort-of prime the drug - when ingested, your liver contains a lot of the enzyme and will convert a lot of the minoxidil into its active metabolite. So you could reasonably deduce that oral will affect more body/facial hair. With topical, some of it does go systemic, so it could potentially increase hair in other areas, but it would not nearly have the same impact as oral.
so with topical you could end up with no scalp hair result but only body hair result? and with oral you always get both??

RStGeorge

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
57BAACD0-A818-4E05-A166-E424D7E740F4.png

Link to full poll