is this the same sulfotransferase in the scalp hair and in the body hair follicle?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
i know that follicle need sulfotransferase to respond to minoxidil, but is it the same enzyme responsible for the growth of body hair and scalp hair?

i mean if you get unwanted body hair does it mean you're a responder a get scalp hair result?

or can you just end up with unwanted body hair and no scalp hair result? thanks

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
because some thai doctor claims that you can just end with hypertrichosis and no scalp hair result ( dr pathmovich)

TheBlackSuit

My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil was developed as a blood pressure med and one of its sides was hypertrichosis. This was one of the reasons they formulated a topical version. Although a little % goes systemic, you will not have hypertrichosis ( but if you are taking 15% Minoxidil ;) then its maybe possible). And if you use Minoxidil orally, it will of course go systemic. Minoxidil is activated in the liver and therefore you don't need any active SULFA1A1 Enzyme activity on your scalp.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil was developed as a blood pressure med and one of its sides was hypertrichosis
Yes, they saw when used in facial cream for women, :) only that hypertrichosis were diminute hairs.
Also you are right when used systemic, you don´t need scalp SULFA1A1

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, they saw when used in facial cream for women, :) only that hypertrichosis were diminute hairs.
Also you are right when used systemic, you don´t need scalp SULFA1A1
Does the method of ingestion matter? Sublingual versus diluting in water and drinking versus putting in capsules and swallowing?

TheBlackSuit

My Regimen
Reaction score
There are some studies saying there are less possible side effects using it sublingual minoxidil.
"The authors suggest that SM may have better bioavailability and fewer hemodynamic effects by avoiding first-pass liver metabolism. Compared with topical minoxidil, there are no issues with cutaneous delivery and penetration."

In my opinion the way of delivery doesn't matter ;) the possible side effects are dose depended and that's it.

TheBlackSuit

My Regimen
Reaction score
Forgot to say that some study showed that splitting the dose for example 2.5 mg into 2 X 1.25 mg gives fewer sides.
So if you try it out, do it with a spitted dosage.

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are some studies saying there are less possible side effects using it sublingual minoxidil.
"The authors suggest that SM may have better bioavailability and fewer hemodynamic effects by avoiding first-pass liver metabolism. Compared with topical minoxidil, there are no issues with cutaneous delivery and penetration."

In my opinion the way of delivery doesn't matter ;) the possible side effects are dose depended and that's it.
Of the three ingestion methods I described, swallowing a capsule has given me the fewest sides. Much less facial bloating and leg edema.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil was developed as a blood pressure med and one of its sides was hypertrichosis. This was one of the reasons they formulated a topical version. Although a little % goes systemic, you will not have hypertrichosis ( but if you are taking 15% Minoxidil ;) then its maybe possible). And if you use Minoxidil orally, it will of course go systemic. Minoxidil is activated in the liver and therefore you don't need any active SULFA1A1 Enzyme activity on your scalp.
ok so if you developped body hair from it , does this mean you gonna get good scalp hair result?

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ok so if you developped body hair from it , does this mean you gonna get good scalp hair result?
I am already getting good head hair results. My hair is even thicker than before I started and my beard is heavier and grows faster, Everything is growing faster now. But there is no direct correlation between body hair and head hair development with Minoxidil.