Is this receed? I know nothing about hair

Matt_6255

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi i’m 22 and im just wondering was i born with a bad hair line or is that just receed? Its been like that for years now... is it gonna get worse? Anything i can do to fix it? Thanks im helpless when it comes to hair any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• D3AAC687-4429-48B9-BC90-D73AE96BCF87.jpeg
    D3AAC687-4429-48B9-BC90-D73AE96BCF87.jpeg
    86.5 KB · Views: 208
  • A9E5C7C6-A86A-4B72-BD38-D7BFA3E93D35.jpeg
    A9E5C7C6-A86A-4B72-BD38-D7BFA3E93D35.jpeg
    94.9 KB · Views: 206

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hi i’m 22 and im just wondering was i born with a bad hair line or is that just receed? Its been like that for years now... is it gonna get worse? Anything i can do to fix it? Thanks im helpless when it comes to hair any help would be appreciated
You have a mature hairline. If your density is fine all over, you are fine for now.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, then just a common XY hairline but sort of an unusual one. Al Pacino and Jack Nicholson and Christian Slater have something like that which I call a pieces that juts out. It is usually triangular in shape or at least like the corner of a box. It might actually be characteristic of not losing much hair in the future and the hairline can take on a sort of wingtip shoe sort of appearance, like an M shape.

Matt_6255

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, then just a common XY hairline but sort of an unusual one. Al Pacino and Jack Nicholson and Christian Slater have something like that which I call a pieces that juts out. It is usually triangular in shape or at least like the corner of a box. It might actually be characteristic of not losing much hair in the future and the hairline can take on a sort of wingtip shoe sort of appearance, like an M shape.
Yeah i can kinda see the resemblence of that bit in them, u dont think its necessary to have some sort of regime for this?thanks

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah i can kinda see the resemblence of that bit in them, u dont think its necessary to have some sort of regime for this?thanks
I would because I am risk averse and except for thinning in the crown, once XY hair is gone, it's pretty much gone. There was someone 15 on earlier today and he was almost already a cueball and there's no treatment for that, not even transplants because of the extended surface area. Only estrogen/HRT can actually restore hair that is fully dormant and that is not a solution really for most guys, not yet but we are learning more about cycling HRT and perhaps using Dutasteride to stabilize and maintain effects. If I were you, I would go on finasteride for the peace of mind so you don't have to keep looking over your shoulders so to speak, worrying about the crown going.

Minoxidil in combination with that and maybe keto might give you some regrowth in the front, the younger, you are, the better your chances. Microneedling might help the hairline/temples and I am doing my forehead and front hairline more now as those usually are first to go and last to fill in.

Janey

Matt_6255

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would because I am risk averse and except for thinning in the crown, once XY hair is gone, it's pretty much gone. There was someone 15 on earlier today and he was almost already a cueball and there's no treatment for that, not even transplants because of the extended surface area. Only estrogen/HRT can actually restore hair that is fully dormant and that is not a solution really for most guys, not yet but we are learning more about cycling HRT and perhaps using Dutasteride to stabilize and maintain effects. If I were you, I would go on finasteride for the peace of mind so you don't have to keep looking over your shoulders so to speak, worrying about the crown going.

Minoxidil in combination with that and maybe keto might give you some regrowth in the front, the younger, you are, the better your chances. Microneedling might help the hairline/temples and I am doing my forehead and front hairline more now as those usually are first to go and last to fill in.

Janey
Your right i may aswell just to feel a bit safer, where would i apply minoxidl? Thanks

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your right i may aswell just to feel a bit safer, where would i apply minoxidl? Thanks
That's a judgment call. You could just use it in front but it's not very expensive so I used to use foam more like a hair tonic and rub and comb and then massage it in. If that is more expensive then you could do it just once a day. I recommend two percent starting off because you will probably shed less, if at all. Two percent was all that we had back in the day and you rarely/never heard about sheds. Starting too face on a strong med can definitely cause shedding. I would also add Keto/Nizoral and a blue/green medicated shampoo for any inflammation and excess yeast control.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also my hair is extremely thick and dense atm, does that mean the crown is safe?
Not necessarily. No one has ever really tried to categorize the different balding patterns at the beginning in terms of how extensive future hair loss might be. I watch celebrity hair lines and people I know, over decades so I do know that many/some times, loss in the temples then halts. If you do maintain a thick crown and fringe, that makes it more likely that transplants are effective because the surface area to cover is much less.

Matt_6255

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not necessarily. No one has ever really tried to categorize the different balding patterns at the beginning in terms of how extensive future hair loss might be. I watch celebrity hair lines and people I know, over decades so I do know that many/some times, loss in the temples then halts. If you do maintain a thick crown and fringe, that makes it more likely that transplants are effective because the surface area to cover is much less.
You’ve been a great help thank you so much, i just got 1mg finasteride and was looking at minoxidl alot of people were saying they get really bad shedding at the start?

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You’ve been a great help thank you so much, i just got 1mg finasteride and was looking at minoxidl alot of people were saying they get really bad shedding at the start?
You seriously got finasteride.. Goto a dermatologist instead of jumping the gun. Your hair looks thick as hell dude.

You may be balding, have no clue, but jumping straight on finasteride without seeing and professionals is crazy.