Is This Normal Hair Shedding Or Not?

Pj889

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey :)

I have a question about hair loss and which place better then here.
I have some questions :
• Some periods I shed more then others ( I have a lot of stress, always been really stressed whole my life so idk if it’s really from that ) is this just a normal reaction?
• I have the feeling that whenever I brush my hair feels on the right ‘weaker’ then the left and I also tend to lose more on that side. Sometimes I can also lose the same kind of amount at the left. But mostly it’s the right. Normal?
Bloodwork is OK. Just low vitamine D. But taking supplements for months. Derma did a hair research, hairs I’ve lost in the bath I needed to bring to her so she could see how my hairstructure is. It looks healthy she said and a good hairstructure, so no breakage. I don’t dye my hair or use any styling products. Just simple wash and brush.
Anyone who can tell me more about it?
Would really appreciate that.
Thank you so much.

Shreya Surana

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey :)

I have a question about hair loss and which place better then here.
I have some questions :
• Some periods I shed more then others ( I have a lot of stress, always been really stressed whole my life so idk if it’s really from that ) is this just a normal reaction?
• I have the feeling that whenever I brush my hair feels on the right ‘weaker’ then the left and I also tend to lose more on that side. Sometimes I can also lose the same kind of amount at the left. But mostly it’s the right. Normal?
Bloodwork is OK. Just low vitamine D. But taking supplements for months. Derma did a hair research, hairs I’ve lost in the bath I needed to bring to her so she could see how my hairstructure is. It looks healthy she said and a good hairstructure, so no breakage. I don’t dye my hair or use any styling products. Just simple wash and brush.
Anyone who can tell me more about it?
Would really appreciate that.
Thank you so much.
I'd like to answer first question. It is absolutely normal to shed more during stressful periods but the point is what is the quantity?
When a body is placed under constant and/or excessive stress, the body secretes the stress hormones adrenaline and cortisol. Adrenaline gives you more energy, such as the final push to stay up late to study; cortisol increases brain function and slows or stops functions the body considers nonessential. Some of these include cellular growth and the digestive process--and another factor is suppressing the reproductive system.