Is This Forum Dying? ( Seven Word Title ...)

daplo collins

Reaction score
I used to be an active member of the hairlosshelp forums but that forum is pretty much dead. Most of the other forums I used to frequent have a lot less activity. It seems as though most users are on reddit now. There is a reddit for every topic.

LastSamurai

Established Member
Reaction score
I first came here in 2008. It did seem more lively back then. I got banned and then reformed as my current alias. Either way, this place will always remain a great place to vent.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've definitely noticed an increase in people getting banned recently. Not necessarily a bad thing though - people used to get away with murder on here back in the day.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
This section was epic a year ago, just look at topics dated 2017.

Mods politic pretty much ruined this subforum and most of active members have been banned or migrated to another forum (like me and plenty of others "oldfags")

So yeah, this subforum is more dead than alive.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
This section was epic a year ago, just look at topics dated 2017.

Mods politic pretty much ruined this subforum and most of active members have been banned or migrated to another forum (like me and plenty of others "oldfags")

So yeah, this subforum is more dead than alive.
Pm me the other forum please

couldntthinkofaname

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
back in 2017 so much people had hope for a cure

since this italian lotion disaster i think more and more people realised the cure they are so desperately waiting will never come

all their hopes get crushed. their dreams gone. replaced by harsh and cold reality which are selfharmful procedures and medications such as finasterid and dermarolling with 5cm needles

and one thing is clear: you can post all day on an hairlossforum but in the end you are just another balding dude who is waisting his time at the end of a computer

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
back in 2017 so much people had hope for a cure

since this italian lotion disaster i think more and more people realised the cure they are so desperately waiting will never come

all their hopes get crushed. their dreams gone. replaced by harsh and cold reality which are selfharmful procedures and medications such as finasterid and dermarolling with 5cm needles

and one thing is clear: you can post all day on an hairlossforum but in the end you are just another balding dude who is waisting his time at the end of a computer
I think this forum is useful for someone who just begins to realize how bad balding is and how to deal with it. But after a while there's too much negativity and hopelessness which can lead someone to give up and rot in misery. A lot of posters here are legit OCD and want perfection or nothing.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think this forum is useful for someone who just begins to realize how bad balding is and how to deal with it. But after a while there's too much negativity and hopelessness which can lead someone to give up and rot in misery. A lot of posters here are legit OCD and want perfection or nothing.

True, this forum can be a great resource of knowledge about an illness that generally isn't talked about much (or easy to talk about). Honestly if it wasn't for this place I doubt I would have even heard of Finasteride and for that alone I'm so grateful to HairLossTalk.com. It can also be a good place to vent when ther's no where else. As you say though spending too much time here probably isn't good for your mental health.

Johnt1997

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I keep revisiting this forum to keep up to date with new research and technologies, i feel like it's a bit of an addiction now. The impact section has gone downhill a lot and i rarely visit it now. I don't visit the main section at all now

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ye, i remember too that couple years ago there were so much interesting discussions here, and smart users like afrovacany or whitepolarbear, that was really nice to read.

Dont know what happened, its not like there are less bald dudes with time, so considering the fact that baldness is the most largest common men issue, and this forum probably is the largest one that deal with it - i am surprised that the activity here got really low

jasonstatham

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ye, i remember too that couple years ago there were so much interesting discussions here, and smart users like afrovacany or whitepolarbear, that was really nice to read.

Dont know what happened, its not like there are less bald dudes with time, so considering the fact that baldness is the most largest common men issue, and this forum probably is the largest one that deal with it - i am surprised that the activity here got really low

They both got a hairsystem dude. Its awesome and spreads confidence.

INT

Reaction score

Afrovacancy was smart yes, whitepolarbear was not.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
They both got a hairsystem dude. Its awesome and spreads confidence.
Haha that's not true.

Afro is focusing on fitness and work last time I read anything written by him and he appears to be doing quite well in life.

Fred had a second hair transplant which went well and his hair looks decent - he's got a girlfriend, and is doing well in the gym.

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha that's not true.

Afro is focusing on fitness and work last time I read anything written by him and he appears to be doing quite well in life.

Fred had a second hair transplant which went well and his hair looks decent - he's got a girlfriend, and is doing well in the gym.
who's fred and are there any pics on how their hair looks?

HairSystemGuy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used to be an active member of the hairlosshelp forums but that forum is pretty much dead. Most of the other forums I used to frequent have a lot less activity. It seems as though most users are on reddit now. There is a reddit for every topic.

Most forums are either dead or dying thanks to social media platforms. Reddit pretty much put the nail in the coffin for all boards.

Last edited: