Is this female pattern hairloss?

seoulless

Reaction score
IMG_20140626_204607.jpg

Is this female pattern hairloss or natural?

Mehrdad

Reaction score
Actually, Female Pattern Hair-Loss (FPH) doesn't have specific pattern! It can be.
You should see a doctor and do a blood check-up, Iron/B12/B9 Deficiency (which is common in women) would cause hair thinning. If nothing was wrong, it would be FPH.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
It could be, but the only way to know is determining wether or not you have miniaturising hair. Also has your hair always been thin, or do you notice a change over time? FPHL usually develops gradually over many years although for some it can happen quicker, like for me in just 2 years (gone from huge head of hair to super thin all over). There are several reasons to womens hair loss like; deficiencies, telogen effluvium, auto immune conditions, iron and ferritin, thyroid dysfunction, scarring alopecia (rare) and probably even more. But Androgenetic Alopecia or FPHL is the most common reason of hair loss among women as it is among men. Just fewer women develop the condition than men because of less androgens in the body. Good luck and let's pray you don't have FPHL cause it's truly awful!

seoulless

Reaction score
Thanks! My blood work showed a major B-12 deficiency (the result of a rather poor diet in which I had very little meat or replacing supplements). When hair loss results from a vitamin deficiency, is it expected to grow back when the health issue is corrected?

Mehrdad

Reaction score
Thanks! My blood work showed a major B-12 deficiency (the result of a rather poor diet in which I had very little meat or replacing supplements). When hair loss results from a vitamin deficiency, is it expected to grow back when the health issue is corrected?

Yep! you'll get back your lost hairs but in a long process (mostly around 6-months); if nothing else other than vitamin deficiency caused the hair loss.
take Biotin and Zinc with B12 supplements to maintain quicker growth of hairs.

EvilLocks

Reaction score

Most likely yes, that will correct your hair (lucky !!!) :)

dehoha

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is not to scare you, but my mom's hair kinda looks like that now after menopause, except more scalp showing. Check your iodine and iron level to see if they are at optimal levels. I heard they are primary reasons for female hair loss besides stress.