Is This Androgenetic Alopecia, Telogen Effluvium Or Something Else?

Joe1191

Established Member
Reaction score
To start off, I have very little recession on my hairline. It could easily be seen as a mature hairline.
Anyways, I'm fairly certain I have Androgenetic Alopecia as it is prevalent on one side of my family. But I was wondering if there was possibly another cause on top of it such as telogen effluvium, AA, or hypothyroidism-related hair loss as that also is in my family and I use to have it.

When I first noticed my hairloss it was coming out in blobs of hair in the shower, not an exaggeration. It would cover the hair catcher, but then it seemed like one day it just stopped.

By looking at the pictures, would it be worth going to the doctor or would it be a waste because it's simply Androgenetic Alopecia?

First 2 are wet.

Last edited:

Joe1191

Established Member
Reaction score
@buckthorn Sorry to bother you, but what do you think? I know you have diffuse hair loss too, so you may be able to help me out.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Joe1191 - can I ask you how you attached those images above? They should not be showing up that way, and when clicked, they go to a dead page. What exact method did you use to include them in your post?

There are several options: using the "Upload File" button when you post, copying and pasting the images directly into the message box, etc...

Joe1191

Established Member
Reaction score
@Joe1191 - can I ask you how you attached those images above? They should not be showing up that way, and when clicked, they go to a dead page. What exact method did you use to include them in your post?

There are several options: using the "Upload File" button when you post, copying and pasting the images directly into the message box, etc...

Oh wow, I had no idea. I can actiually still see them. I did it on my phone through the "upload file" option.