is this a widows peak or im receding? ( 15M )

rzdreez

My Regimen
Reaction score
Screenshot_20210114_193101_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
View attachment 154891My mother said that I got this hairline since birth, I noticed the hairline after I grow my hair out and I got panicked because I noticed some spot that got less density than other side and instantly buzzed it off so I want a conclusion, is this a receding or just a widows peak? I also got weird head shape.

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It appears your receding, sorry at such a young age. There's probably not much you can do since it seems you got aggressive genetics to have such a receded hairline at 15. Nw2.5-3. on the positive I think the buzz cut look could totally work for you. Give it a shot.

rzdreez

My Regimen
Reaction score
It appears your receding, sorry at such a young age. There's probably not much you can do since it seems you got aggressive genetics to have such a receded hairline at 15. Nw2.5-3. on the positive I think the buzz cut look could totally work for you. Give it a shot.
yea my mother's father is in on Nw5 in his late 20s, completely Nw7 in his 40s. I dont care going bald, I just got weird head shape, that's it

Bora

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're Norwood 2.5 approaching Norwood 3 with thining at the frontal line, I'm 23 and Norwood 2.5-3 as well. Till this scale most of the people cannot realize their hair loss. How old are you ? Bc regimen recommendations depend on your age

crikey1980

Established Member
Reaction score
You mentioned your mum's dad what about your dad how's his hair.
I went to school with a lad who had the exact same hairline you have.
Seen him 4 or 5 years ago and he had the exact same hair in his late 30s.
My conclusion is he didn't have male pattern baldness.
You may be the same with luck.
Also mums dad is a key player I'm male pattern baldness but so his your dad and his dad, also your mums mum.

Nebula74

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry bro, I think you should start saving up for a hair transplant/ system. Try Minoxidil if your parents agree

Ksparks

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m no scientist but some of it must get into the blood. Would play havoc with a young teenagers hormones that play a vital role in his transition to a man.

Ksparks

My Regimen
Reaction score
If it isn’t systemically absorbed how comes there are reports of people experiencing side affects similar to that of oral finasteride? I also use it, but expect at least a small percentage to be absorbed into my blood

Ksparks

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your information Doctor I’m currently using freshman minoxidil 5% and 0.5% topical mix. I’ve only been using it once a day as have been a bit apprehensive about any side effects? As I thought I had a bit of anxiety as am predisposed to this. I’m guessing it must be in my head though?

rzdreez

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also mums dad is a key player I'm male pattern baldness but so his your dad and his dad, also your mums mum
I naturally got high hairline since I was born, I realized that I probably norwood 1.5 since I was a kid So if it start to mature I probably gonna be Norwood 2 by age 16. My dad hairline is norwood 1 but he got very bad thinning hair because of his smoking habit I guess? He the only who got bald in his family. While my mum's dad is norwood 7 by the age 50 but all of my uncles got Norwood 1 both my mother and father's side.

rzdreez

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry, that's male pattern baldness. I would suggest checking in with your Doctor about your options. At this point, I suggest you hop on a topical solution of finasteride/minoxidil ASAP. I use Morr F and it has helped me tremendously. Please feel free to PM if you have any questions. All the best

Also mums dad is a key player I'm male pattern baldness but so his your dad and his dad, also your mums mum.
plus, my dad's dad got Norwood 1 with no thinning at all till he died age 84. Since my derm said that im fine so I finally can stop paranoid about my hair now.

rzdreez

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry, that's male pattern baldness. I would suggest checking in with your Doctor about your options. At this point, I suggest you hop on a topical solution of finasteride/minoxidil ASAP. I use Morr F and it has helped me tremendously. Please feel free to PM if you have any questions. All the

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210119_182107.jpg
    Screenshot_20210119_182107.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 79
  • Screenshot_20210119_181845.jpg
    Screenshot_20210119_181845.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 71
  • Screenshot_20210119_182318_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20210119_182318_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 79

rzdreez

My Regimen
Reaction score
The 3rd pic is from August 2020, and the 1st and 2nd pic is from November 2020, My hairline probably are always like that. My derms also said that im fine.

rzdreez

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyways, thank ya'll for replying. I never noticed a single change before because I always keep my hair short and suddenly it looks weird. that's why im here ;)

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks way better grown out, but it still is a weird hairline for a 15 year old. Maybe you just matured early and will stay like that forever or for a long time.