Is this a good example of a NW1 vs NW2

first

Established Member
Reaction score
metalheaddude said:
Ian Curtis said:
chancer said:
Latin people are from natrually from Spain, Itally Southern France and Portugal... They have Very thick Dark Hair and wonderful Olive Skin...
Thats just a stereotype.

I agree. Thats total crap! Spain is europe dude, they dont look latin at all, they look like standard europeans with pale skin and blonde hair. The vast majoity do not look like Penelope Cruz or Antonio Banderas. Thats a stereotype as mentioned above.
Huh? I used to study in Portugal (I'm Swedish) and during my years there I never saw a blond full blood Portugese, they all had dark hair and their skin was a couple of tones darker than mine. As Portugal and Brazil speak the same language, there were some Brazilian (exchange) students there, and you couldn't tell the difference between them and the Portugese (apart from a difference in dialect).

Ian Curtis

Established Member
Reaction score
first said:
Huh? I used to study in Portugal (I'm Swedish) and during my years there I never saw a blond full blood Portugese, they all had dark hair and their skin was a couple of tones darker than mine. As Portugal and Brazil speak the same language, there were some Brazilian (exchange) students there, and you couldn't tell the difference between them and the Portugese (apart from a difference in dialect).
Most people here have darker skin than british,french or german,but there are only a few who have olive skin,and you can bet your bollocks that there are loads of people especially girls who are pale.There are only a few completely blond girls(guys are just rare).
You can really tell the difference of skin colour is when you see a couple of northern europeans when they just lie down in the beach and 10 minutes later they are as red as a piece of meat,lol.

chancer

Established Member
Reaction score
Ian Curtis said:
first said:
Most people here have darker skin than british,french or german,but there are only a few who have olive skin,and you can bet your bollocks that there are loads of people especially girls who are pale.There are only a few completely blond girls(guys are just rare).
You can really tell the difference of skin colour is when you see a couple of northern europeans when they just lie down in the beach and 10 minutes later they are as red as a piece of meat,lol.

Cool, so we can put this to bed now then.... we seem to have agreed on this...

The majority of people from the more hotter european countries have thicker, darker hair, both bother types of europeans suffer with male pattern baldness, but it looks more obvious on the eye in the early stages on northern europeans has they tend to have less follicles to begin with... thus a receding hairline would look dramitically more obvious on some lad from Manchester like Nicky But...
nicky_butt.jpg

Than it would like some Lad From Maderia Like Ronaldo, who could loose a inch or two at the from and still look like he as relativly no hairloss...

http://www.cristianor7.com/wallpapers/i ... aper_4.jpg

chancer

Established Member
Reaction score
chancer said:
Ian Curtis said:
first said:

Cool, so we can put this to bed now then.... we seem to have agreed on this...

The majority of people from the more hotter european countries have thicker, darker hair, both types of europeans suffer with male pattern baldness, but it looks more obvious on the eye in the early stages on northern europeans has they tend to have less follicles to begin with... thus a receding hairline would look dramitically more obvious on some lad from Manchester like Nicky Butt...
nicky_butt.jpg

Than it would like some Lad From Maderia Like Ronaldo, who could loose a inch or two from the front and still look like he as relativly no hairloss...

cristiano_ronaldo_wallpaper_4.jpg

Changing the subject a little.... did you know that Native Americans never suffer from hairloss? due to being isolated for so many thousands of years from the rest of the world, its not in their genetic make-up... ive read as much that the remaining once who live in their own comunities in America and obviously never inter-bread with outside races, still never loose a hair on theri head, they can be 90 yrs old with a thick NW1.... dont know how ligitimate that claim is, but interesting all the same.

lookhowshiny

Reaction score
This might be stupid from the scientific perspective, but they DID end up being Native Americans at one point, if that makes sense. Why would they NOT have this combination of 'alopecia genes'? Maybe there's nothing in their lifestyle that triggers alopecia. Like, autoimmune thyroid disease, for example. You get this gene that causes your immune system to attack your thyroid gland. But it doesn't go like 'according to the design your thyroid is being attacked once you become 23', something triggers the reaction. There's also no point in trying to reduce the anti-bodies in order to treat it, you can't reverse the process. I'm saying if you were to live their lifestyle since you were born - it perhaps wouldn't matter what combination of genes you've been given.

This topic has been exhausted in these forums though. ^)

ali777

Reaction score
I met lots of Portuguese people in the past, one of them was in his late 20s and completely bold. I'm not sure if it is something to do with the relatively isolated position of Portugal, but Portuguese are darker than most of the Spaniards I met.

European tribes have interacted a lot in the past, mainly through migrations and wars/invasions. So it's impossible to find a "genetically pure" nation, and there are lots of blond Mediterraneans as well. The concept of "nation state" probably reduced the rate of interaction, but with the EU people move around freely and there is a high ratio of migration. Mainly towards north for work, and towards south for better life.

The word Latin comes from the boot, ie Italy, and as far as I am concerned it refers to Mediterranean Europeans and their descendants in the Americas (does that make the Italians in US Latin as well?). However, in US English it is somehow used to refer to the Spanish speaking Americans. There is a misuse and misunderstanding of what constitutes Latin.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
chancer said:
The majority of people from the more hotter european countries have thicker, darker hair, both types of europeans suffer with male pattern baldness, but it looks more obvious on the eye in the early stages on northern europeans has they tend to have less follicles to begin with... thus a receding hairline would look dramitically more obvious on some lad from Manchester like Nicky Butt...

I agree with this. Northern europeans have different hairlines to start with usually higher and wider. Not as Boxed. When it doesnt recead in my opinion it looks far superior. Trouble is a tiny amount of recession and you're screwed! A bit like me. But I have more than just a little recession.

chancer

Established Member
Reaction score
ali777 said:
I met lots of Portuguese people in the past, one of them was in his late 20s and completely bold. I'm not sure if it is something to do with the relatively isolated position of Portugal, but Portuguese are darker than most of the Spaniards I met.

European tribes have interacted a lot in the past, mainly through migrations and wars/invasions. So it's impossible to find a "genetically pure" nation, and there are lots of blond Mediterraneans as well. The concept of "nation state" probably reduced the rate of interaction, but with the EU people move around freely and there is a high ratio of migration. Mainly towards north for work, and towards south for better life.

The word Latin comes from the boot, i.e. Italy, and as far as I am concerned it refers to Mediterranean Europeans and their descendants in the Americas (does that make the Italians in US Latin as well?). However, in US English it is somehow used to refer to the Spanish speaking Americans. There is a misuse and misunderstanding of what constitutes Latin.

Latin - Boot Theory.... ok, im not dismissing it...

But could the "phrase" Latin come from the fact that the Language "latin" was widely spoken in Italy, South of France, Spain and Portugal? hence.... "the Latin Countries... Italy, Spanish and Portuguese all carry same phrase, pronouncing nouns and meaning, they are all modern-day languages of old Latin, and in south America all the countries either speak Spanish or Portuguese.... thus they are known and Latin Europe or Latin America....

English, French (a more modern language, not derived so much from latin) German, Dutch etc... are all stemmed more from old Germanic and you can find words that converse throughout them all the same.... southern Italy might of been the "capitol" of Latin, because Rome was the Capitol of the World.... but northern italy is home of the “Goelâ€￾ like Switzerland, a completely different tribe, less Italian looking and more paler European looking...

And of course you are correct.... about migration.... over 1 million people a year come to live in the UK from all over the world and over 300,000 born and bred British leave each year, over 1 million British people live in Spain, with obviously Australia and America being popular destinations for a new life in the sun.

ali777

Reaction score
chancer said:

Could that be the reason why "Oasis style" haircut is very popular in Manchester, ie, it covers the patches? :woot:

abcdefg

Reaction score
If native americans do not lose any hair any of them then wouldnt it make sense to compare there genes to men with Norwood 7's and see what genes could be the problem? They have done that on other diseases so why not male pattern baldness?

abcdefg

Reaction score
If they loser no hair its a genetic thing not a diet or environmental thing. Im sure someone on earth is eating a native american diet and still going bald. It just cant be diet theres no way there are far to many counter examples that prove otherwise.

chancer

Established Member
Reaction score
abcdefg said:
If they loser no hair its a genetic thing not a diet or environmental thing. Im sure someone on earth is eating a Native American diet and still going bald. It just cant be diet theres no way there are far to many counter examples that prove otherwise.

Of course its genetic... and mainly in white European people, though of course and kind of people in the western world suffer from male pattern baldness, weve all intermingled and bred well between different races in the western world over the last 500 years for male pattern baldness to be in anyone’s genes in the western world... Then people might say.... ok, Pakistani and Indians suffer alot from male pattern baldness, they arent from the western world.... well actually, they kind of are... It was part of the British Empire, weve past the genes on... infact think about it like this.... any part of the world that hasnt been affected by contact with the western civilisation will be less likely to bald... because we haven’t had chance to donate our genes into their gene-pool.... there are a few little parts left that is still pretty much sterile from us.... certain tribes of Native Americans who have done a job good of avoiding us.... certain tribes of aboriginal Australians... tribes in Indonesia and tribes in South America.... alll of which do not suffer male pattern baldness.

dreamermerlin

Established Member
Reaction score
Heres an example of a NW1 hairline
cristianoronaldo6footbauu4.jpg

Compared to a NW2 hairline
nick1kt1.jpg

Both have nice hairlines, but I was like born with a Norwood 2 hairline.
The difference between the two is found in the red area in this pic...Ronaldos got it, Lachey doesnt.
nick3se7.jpg

I cant stand those missing temple areas...it may be superficial but its bothered me even before hair loss started. i could never pull off hairstyles some of my friends were able to. can a hair transplant give you a solid nw1 hairline with NO temple angles? i would like have to construct a new hairline on myself if i was ever to get one

What's the point?
I don't like what you draw there with red at all!
Solid NW1's are not interesting at all, they look like monkeys!!!
Too small forehead, only dumb people have forehead so small...
Small forehead->small head-small brain.
Ha-ha-ha!!
That Ronaldo hairline with those corners is UGLY as hell! I wouldn't chose that even if hair multiply technique would be available and cheap!!