Is There Something Else Wrong With Me? (pics)

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
My last TSH test 6 months ago showed 3.5, so I am not completely healed yet. I would consider myself healed with a TSH less than 1, and of course, without any symptoms and if I felt great.
That said, I've started taking iodine and doing red light therapy, it's too early to tell but it seems like my donor is not looking as shitty as before. Normally I would buzz it very short every week but now, when I grow it out, it doesn't look too terrible. Normally it used to be instantly visible I was sick by how thin my donor was, even more than the hair on top which has been somewhat thickened by minoxidil and treatment.

I noticed an overall hair thinning everywhere on my head when I went hypothyroid, so if I succeed in treating it completely I would expect all that to reverse. I had insanely thick hair when I was healthy and I would definitely notice the change again.

Red light therapy?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Red light therapy?

http://valtsus.blogspot.hr/2015/09/hypothyroidism-could-it-be-treated-with.html
https://redlightman.com/blog/red-light-therapy-shown-to-cure-hypothyroidism/

The device that I use currently is not as good as those RedLightMan devices, it doesn't quite have the right wavelengths and intensity, but still seems to be beneficial.

It's one of those floorstanding halogen lamps by Bioptron kind of like this one but an older model. I shine it on my neck for about 10 minutes a day in the evening.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn. The more I think of it the more I'm convinced that I have at least some thyroid related endocrine problems.

Always had cold feets and hands since I was a kid, but overall healthy all the way into around 20. Since then felt more and more fatigued, sleep kept deteriorating, depression and anxiety, cold intolerance, pale sickly face and dry skin etc. Could clearly tell I have very low metabolism. Heartbeat is usually 60 to 70. They didnt happen overnight but just gradually developed.

Finasteride definitely contributed to all this but I guess I was genetically predisposed to begin with. And we all know problems like hypothyroidism usually happens in a bigger picture of fucked up hormonal balance. Thats why a lot of patients with drug corrected thyroid levels still suffer.

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn. The more I think of it the more I'm convinced that I have at least some thyroid related endocrine problems.

Always had cold feets and hands since I was a kid, but overall healthy all the way into around 20. Since then felt more and more fatigued, sleep kept deteriorating, depression and anxiety, cold intolerance, pale sickly face and dry skin etc. Could clearly tell I have very low metabolism. Heartbeat is usually 60 to 70. They didnt happen overnight but just gradually developed.

Finasteride definitely contributed to all this but I guess I was genetically predisposed to begin with. And we all know problems like hypothyroidism usually happens in a bigger picture of fucked up hormonal balance. Thats why a lot of patients with drug corrected thyroid levels still suffer.

do you have a sex drive?

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just discovered you thread mate.
That's impressive regrowth!!! are you still on fina?

no mate the sides were too strong

which was a shame because it got me back near enough to a fullhead.

also, my overall thinning doesnt seem to be as bad anymore compared to those op pics i posted

they were from xmas.

im convinced there is more to my hairloss than just male pattern baldness. maybe thyroid problems, or some other hormone stuff. i need to look into it

HankPentagon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i got f*****g excellent results with both. regrowth and stop itching.

but after stopping, i lost regrowth obviously.

but why am i so thin man? this sh*t aint normal right?
It looks like you have thin hairshafts

Are you Norwegian?

I have the same phenomena

Vit d?????

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn! I kind of share the same curse!
What you need to do is to see an endocrinologist. Also I think @buckthorn is microdosing now... maybe you could look into that.
If you try enzutalamide, please b every careful, it's no sugar. I heard some horror stories about oral flutamide...

i will be following the other guys on this drug (crazy people :D)

interestingly enough, the original guy had very similar experience to finasteride as me but reported no sides with enzu. so it could well be an option for me. but i will look to see how the other guys are doing first

Nick1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ive got exactly the same kind of hair as you!

Very thin and patchy on the sides - I know from your blood tests your doctor will say its normal, however have you actually seen a copy of your results?

Theres a scale which each level sits between and certain hormones such as testosterone for me anyway was considered normal until I requested a copy of my blood test results turns out my levels are equivalent to that of a 65 year old however that is considered normal as it is within "range"

Id get a copy of all your blood test results and see for yourself, I recently had one done turns out my test has dropped 4 points since I had it done 3 years ago, im currently at 13.2nmol if I recall normal range for a guy in his mid 20s should be 20+

shookwun

Reaction score
Lol at needing blood tests to tell you that you have subhuman male pattern baldness gene

Must be my lack of zinc, iron intake

I haz low thyroid

I was born with this hairline

I am going to start taking saw palmetto, and 10,000 IU biotin a day as prevention

I am bald.

Finasteride?

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol at needing blood tests to tell you that you have subhuman male pattern baldness gene

Must be my lack of zinc, iron intake

I haz low thyroid

I was born with this hairline

I am going to start taking saw palmetto, and 10,000 IU biotin a day as prevention

I am bald.

Finasteride?

prob right. prob just is bullshit genes

but no harm is finding out

shookwun

Reaction score
prob right. prob just is bullshit genes

but no harm is finding out
Brother.

I have a minor case of retrograde alopecia on the sides of my head and nape.

It could be a mixture of DUPA/retro if your sides and back are sevrely diffused.

However lighting in pictures plays a big role. I have taken pictures of my donor that make me look bald which is not the case

I suggest you to read this on a thorough explanation of donors, expectations and DUPA.

https://newhair.com/pdf/mp-1997-evaluation.pdf

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Id be interested to know what your levels are I know ive got low vit D its pretty much at the bottom of the range.

i will be doing a bunch of tests soon and talking to some experts

im guessing i just have sh*t genes but i may as well try.

i know there are some guys here who had adjusted their lifestyles to fix certain numbers/thyroids problems and have seen an improvement in their hair

at the very least i may to be able to improve my donor area for possible future hair transplants

Nomu9029

My Regimen
Reaction score
no mate the sides were too strong

which was a shame because it got me back near enough to a fullhead.

also, my overall thinning doesnt seem to be as bad anymore compared to those op pics i posted

they were from xmas.

im convinced there is more to my hairloss than just male pattern baldness. maybe thyroid problems, or some other hormone stuff. i need to look into it

Have u gotten/noticed sides right after one year of using or you had noticed it before but kept going with meds ?

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have u gotten/noticed sides right after one year of using or you had noticed it before but kept going with meds ?

i noticed it before. quite soon after i started taking it actually. but i didnt know what was going on with me. i was only looking out for sexual sides, the only ones i thought people got taking this drug. the sides were minor at the start and gradually got worse over the course of the year where i literally couldnt f*****g thinking straight i felt so ill

it was only after lots of research in various other forums i realized what was happening to me.

tomcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
did u smoke ? when i smoke like 5-6 cig per day i shed like crazy but other day i smoke like 1-2 cig my shed is back to normal and it sucks cuz i cant quit this sh*t habbit

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
did u smoke ? when i smoke like 5-6 cig per day i shed like crazy but other day i smoke like 1-2 cig my shed is back to normal and it sucks cuz i cant quit this sh*t habbit

nah dont smoke, never smoked

just a piss head :D

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sunshine the results on the first page are crazy, but I just need the chronology of this. You were at NW6/thin NW4, and then regrew all that on finasteride (which is, insane!) and then you stopped because of sides and back to nowt?

Nowt town. Population, you.

shookwun

Reaction score
SUCK IT UP.

SIDES TEND TO GO AWAY FOR MOST.

If you get gyno, deal with it!

In Canada you can have surgery for free and have it removed. Which is what I did.

Developing gyno -> gland removal -> maintain hair = WIN

Develop gyno -> go off finasteride -> BALD = REKT