Is there anything that will help with the hairline?

breeze

Reaction score
will minoxidil help? I have some thinning in the front areas aka known as a receding hairline but i guess its minor.

Any thoughts?

thomas040

Established Member
Reaction score
if you haven't tried minoxidil then adding wouldn't be bad for you... try it... for at least a year...

remember that if you get inflamations use nizoral shampoo twice a week....

breeze

Reaction score
Yeah, I already use Nizoral but I use it like once or twice a week. I've been on finasteride for a little over a year now and it has worked well. I recently had what I call a big shed so I cut down to 3 doses per week.

I really didn't want to get on minoxidil but I recently gave it a thought. A few dabs around the hairline with a Q-tip can't be that time consuming. My hair is fine though. If anything, I may have a norwood 2 if I'm correct.

What do you/anyone else recommend?

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
saturnsc2 said:
nothing works on the hairline other than surgery. good luck....

not true at all...

yes minoxidil might work well for your hairline. Finasteride might too. All depends on how you personally respond to the treatments

htownballa

Established Member
Reaction score
Hairline is by far the hardest place to get regrowth once you've lost it...usually u need a hair transplant

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The hairline is hard to get back but I have seen regrowth with minoxidil. Try it twice a day for 6 months. You could also add a copper peptide (folligen or tricomin)at night.

saturnsc2

Established Member
Reaction score
Fallout Boy said:
saturnsc2 said:
nothing works on the hairline other than surgery. good luck....

not true at all...

yes minoxidil might work well for your hairline. Finasteride might too. All depends on how you personally respond to the treatments
umm...many tests have shown that rogaine has no effect on the hairline whatsoever. i even talked to doctors & they also confirm this. i used rogaine for many years with no effect on any part of my head. don't throw away your money trying to re-grow a hairline with rogaine. it's mostly effective on the crown when your bald spot is very small, & when treatrment is started at a young age....

saturnsc2

Established Member
Reaction score
Nathaniel said:
The hairline is hard to get back but I have seen regrowth with minoxidil. Try it twice a day for 6 months. You could also add a copper peptide (folligen or tricomin)at night.
well i would certainly like to see good pics of before & after treatment i never seen a hairline grow back with ANY treatment other than surgery which is the only thing that helped me...

here's what i already know about rogaine that i got from a website from a company that sells it:

Minoxidil - Does Not Work Effectively or at all - on some Areas of the Scalp

Minoxidil is the active ingredient in Rogaineâ„¢ for men and women. It is also used in other hair loss treatment products, such as Avacorâ„¢ and Hair Advantageâ„¢. Many users of Minoxidil do not achieve the results they expect from using such products. Here is one of the possible reasons.

According to the maker of Rogaineâ„¢, Minoxidil only works on what doctors call the VERTEX area (top middle area) of the scalp. (You may research this further on the Rogaine web site ( http://www.rogaine.com ) Then click on the link "How Rogaine Works".)

According to clinical research, Minoxidil does not work effectively or at all on the receding hair line area in the front of the scalp where there is already noticeable hair loss. Likewise, it also does not work effectively or at all on the back area of the scalp.

These are the first two areas that most men experience pattern hair loss. See how increased hair loss over time follows a particular pattern, as shown in the Norwood hair loss diagrams. Women tend to get thinning hair throughout their hair or various patchy spots of hair loss.

docj077

Reaction score
Based upon what I've seen in the success stories section, Minoxidil is highly effective when combined with propecia at regrowing the hairline. Don't believe everything they tell you on websites. Minoxidil works pretty much everywhere on the human body.

saturnsc2

Established Member
Reaction score
docj077 said:
Based upon what I've seen in the success stories section, Minoxidil is highly effective when combined with propecia at regrowing the hairline. Don't believe everything they tell you on websites. Minoxidil works pretty much everywhere on the human body.
the info i supplied is from the Upjohn Company. the people who make rogaine. i never seen any evidence this stuff works at the hairline nor do i know any people who had any success with it there. show me pics! seeing is believing!

Aplunk1

Reaction score
saturnsc2 said:
docj077 said:
the info i supplied is from the Upjohn Company. the people who make rogaine. i never seen any evidence this stuff works at the hairline nor do i know any people who had any success with it there. show me pics! seeing is believing!

Look in the Success Stories! Forum.

You'll be surprised at the results from the Big 3 on the HAIRLINE.

Goodluck, fellow hairloss sufferers.

There is hope out there for us.

G

Man minoxidil worked damn fuckin well on my temples so don't give me that bullshit that it doens't work anywhere but the vertex. The only reason they have that disclamer on the box is because the FDA trial were done only looking at treatment at the vertex.

Check this out it worked all over this guys head.

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... highlight=

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
saturnsc2 said:
docj077 said:

Why do u seem so sure of yourself that minoxidil doesn't work on the hairline? Have you even taken a look at the success stories?

To the op, just go ahead and try it. I've been on minoxidil for almost 5 months and it's been great on the hairline/temples so far.

saturnsc2

Established Member
Reaction score
badasshairday said:
Man minoxidil worked damn fuckin well on my temples so don't give me that bullshit that it doens't work anywhere but the vertex. The only reason they have that disclamer on the box is because the FDA trial were done only looking at treatment at the vertex.

that pic shows great re-growth, but on top. the hairline is still receded. :roll:

Sean68

Reaction score
american crew serum would be good, obviously some issues with the new formula,id bet folligen cream/lotion would be quite effective especially with minoxidil.

G

saturnsc2 said:
badasshairday said:

that pic shows great re-growth, but on top. the hairline is still receded. :roll:

Thats a rip. Look at the top pic at his hairline. Notice that in front of it is slick bald? Of course your not going to grow anything there. But LOOK at his hairline from the first pic then the last, then scroll up again. His hairline got way stronger totally thickened up.
Here's another one.

http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f67/prettyboyboo2000/

saturnsc2

Established Member
Reaction score
badasshairday said:
saturnsc2 said:
badasshairday said:

Thats a rip. Look at the top pic at his hairline. Notice that in front of it is slick bald? Of course your not going to grow anything there. But LOOK at his hairline from the first pic then the last, then scroll up again. His hairline got way stronger totally thickened up.
Here's another one.

http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f67/prettyboyboo2000/
well, in the pic of the black guy, his hairline was always still intact. he just got to it in time to save it. if he waited for it to go totally bald & recede the lower hairline he once had would not grow back. that was also my case, so i just opted for the surgery. now i have a hairline that will never recede for the rest of my life. look, my hat's off to these guys who experienced re-growth! they look great, but they must keep up the regime otherwise they will lose all the hair they regrew. i think surgery is the best option because it's a one time expense while you guys have to keep buying these drugs. that can get pretty costly down the road. also i must point out that while it's workig now, in the future the drugs might not be as effective as now. i'm 43 years old & used many lotions & potions & NOTHING worked for me. i used the 2% rogaine then as 5% was not available. maybe i would have responded to 5% but it wasn't available then either was propecia. you guys have access to much better treatments now than i did back then. never the less i have my own success story to share. here's a photo of me at age 30 & totally bald on top. i'm in the back row second from the left:
family1993.jpg

now here's me now after 5 transplant procedures & a hairline that will never recede:

802c06c5.jpg

G

Nice transplant man. Ok i guess we agree. IF you wait too long and let it get too advance, yea nothing is going to work for you except for a transplant

saturnsc2

Established Member
Reaction score
badasshairday said:
Nice transplant man. Ok i guess we agree. IF you wait too long and let it get too advance, yea nothing is going to work for you except for a transplant
timing is the key. it must be caught soon or otherwise expect poor results. i have no idea what rogaine costs these days, or propecia, but i was paying about $55.00 per month years ago. i assume it's more expensive now? i took a loan out for a transplant & was paying about the same thing per month (maybe a little more, i don't remember exactly) for the loan, & in a few years it was paid off. now i don't have to put a cent into my head other than for hair cuts! if rogaine costs around say $60.00 per month that's $720.00 per year! yikes! & the expense keeps gong on & on... that's why i said to myself i'm just going to go for the transplant. it's more expensive at one time, but in the long run, it pays off big time, & is much cheaper. i look at it like this, you buy a car for around $20.000 & it's in a scrap bin in 10 years, but this is an investment in me that will last a lifetime. what can you buy that lasts a lifetime??