Is There Any Hope For Future Hair Loss Treatments?

Billy-D2016

Reaction score
This is proven false in the swisstemples thread with westonci's regrowth in nw3.5 areas, not to mention the transexual who got full regrowth from significant balding. Or the old men who took unrelated medication and grew hair in nw7 zone.
The follicle is always there waiting to be reactivated, assuming you don't destroy it with a hair transplant.
I am not too sure about the hair transplant part as the concept behind Follica is that wounding opens up an 'embryonic window' in which new stem cells migrate to repair the wound by making collegen except that the stem cells can be pushed to make a follice by the administration of a special compound. Isn't the transplant graft just a wound aswell? Hope you understand where i am coming from

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
Follica

Follica won't work for dark skinned people since it lightens skin. I feel bad for african american and hispanic people.

I think we can get lost looking into this pattent but there is alot of useful stuff in there. Even how much hair was regrown, what the side effects were, and why they have the vertex transition zone specified in the trial which if Im understanding correctly is to see what the regrowth is like where there is no hair and as well as where it is miniaturizing.

They clearly state any one can be treated using Follica. And neogenic means smaller hairs then vellus. And the plan I think they have is to coax those hair into terminal hairs with the right compound. Probably minoxidil, while they wait for bimatoprost to finish trials.

DERMABRASION ON HAIR FOLLICLE STRUCTURES

[00576] The objective of the following protocol is to determine the effects of dermabrasion on inducing the formation of neogenic or neogenic-like hair follicles in human skin. [00577] Although any patient population may be treated, patients for the following protocol may be Caucasian males 20-50 years of age, have androgenetic alopecia with the presence of a transition zone defined as an area possessing both terminal and miniaturized hairs, have a Fitzpatrick skin type 1-4 (higher Fitzpatrick skin type ratings are not preferred due to the increased risk of keloid formation and hypopigmentation in these subjects).

Last edited:

Willy31

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I lost all my hair . It was a total fall diffuse . The hair have all been miniaturized . All my hair cycles have been exhausted. According to many, it is irreversible. Do you think I am likely to get out ? If so, what future treatment may be effective for me?

Willy31

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I see this:
http://www.folliclethought.com/shis...-baldness-after-decades-weekly-thoughts-7116/

“Hair regeneration and maintenance are complex processes that involve multiple pathways. The components in RT1640 restart the hair growth process and support the nascent and mature hair. The net result is the growth of new hair, even after decades of baldness,”

What do you think?

Rivertown she considers those who , like me, have lost all their hair due to the depletion of hair cycles ? If the matrix cells are dead, it is irreversible, no? Yes?

abcdefg

Reaction score
If male pattern baldness is irreversible are we ever going to get a better way to actually keep or prevent male pattern baldness from happening?

the smoking baby

Established Member
Reaction score
Follica

Follica won't work for dark skinned people since it lightens skin. I feel bad for african american and hispanic people.
Do dermarollers cause hypopigmentation in dark skin? The 1.5 mm ones? If not, then Follica's dermabrasion method should be much more invasive to the skin than dermarollers.

Billy-D2016

Reaction score
I think we can get lost looking into this pattent but there is alot of useful stuff in there. Even how much hair was regrown, what the side effects were, and why they have the vertex transition zone specified in the trial which if Im understanding correctly is to see what the regrowth is like where there is no hair and as well as where it is miniaturizing.

They clearly state any one can be treated using Follica. And neogenic means smaller hairs then vellus. And the plan I think they have is to coax those hair into terminal hairs with the right compound. Probably minoxidil, while they wait for bimatoprost to finish trials.

DERMABRASION ON HAIR FOLLICLE STRUCTURES

[00576] The objective of the following protocol is to determine the effects of dermabrasion on inducing the formation of neogenic or neogenic-like hair follicles in human skin. [00577] Although any patient population may be treated, patients for the following protocol may be Caucasian males 20-50 years of age, have androgenetic alopecia with the presence of a transition zone defined as an area possessing both terminal and miniaturized hairs, have a Fitzpatrick skin type 1-4 (higher Fitzpatrick skin type ratings are not preferred due to the increased risk of keloid formation and hypopigmentation in these subjects).
If all they came up with in 10 years is minoxidil and wounding, then that would be very disappointing. I was hoping the compound would be Bitamoprost

Desmond_84

Established Member
Reaction score

Dammit this made laugh too hard lol...

I just realised it's been 3 years and 2 months since Shiseido acquired the licence to Replicel's hair regeneration technology. 3 years has passed and the trials still haven't begun. To top it off, the regulatory authorities have forced them to run the trial for 3 years and will probably expect concurrent carcinogenicity and animal studies before product release. SMH...It's hard being the optimist these days. This will certainly push the Shiseido release timeline to 2020. My God!

B.T.T is now filled with hair transplant doctors showcasing their short-term fix to a progressive medical condition... Cutting edge section is a ghost town.

Hairlosscure2020 is filled with news about JAK inhibitors even though there is a direct link between JAK inhibitors and Lymphoma. In one of the pre-clinical animal studies ran by Pfizer for Tofacitinib, 3 out of 8 adult monkeys developed lymphomas. JAK inhibitors also re-activate dormant viral infections such as Chicken pox (leading to Shingles). There is also no clinical data available on JAK inhibitors being used on Monkeys or humans suffering from male pattern baldness, just a claim from the CEO of a company! I personally would be terrified touching this stuff.

Last edited:

Desmond_84

Established Member
Reaction score
If all they came up with in 10 years is minoxidil and wounding, then that would be very disappointing. I was hoping the compound would be Bitamoprost

Cotsarelis was not excited whatsoever about releasing anything groundbreaking from Follica at 2014 Hair congress. He just mentioned how hard it is to raise funding for a clinical trial and how long it takes to get to market release. He literally shrugged at the thought of a cure and walked away! People have been talking about Follica for almost a decade and there hasn't been anything released on their behalf. Not even a photo! Just that they were able to produce follicular neogenesis. No paper was ever published. No data released. Hairloss research is unbelievable.

Team Lauster and Tsuji both have been saying they are very close to human trials since 2011. Yet again, nothing has been published by them hair-related since 2013.

kuba197

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I just realised it's been 3 years and 2 months since Shiseido acquired the licence to Replicel's hair regeneration technology. 3 years has passed and the trials still haven't begun. To top it off, the regulatory authorities have forced them to run the trial for 3 years and will probably expect concurrent carcinogenicity and animal studies before product release. SMH...It's hard being the optimist these days. This will certainly push the Shiseido release timeline to 2020. My God!

B.T.T is now filled with hair transplant doctors showcasing their short-term fix to a progressive medical condition... Cutting edge section is a ghost town.

Hairlosscure2020 is filled with news about JAK inhibitors even though there is a direct link between JAK inhibitors and Lymphoma. In one the pre-clinical animal studies ran by Pfizer for Tofacitinib 3 out of 8 adult monkeys developed lymphomas. JAK inhibitors also re-activate dormant viral infections such as Chicken pox (leading to Shingles). There is also no clinical data available on JAK inhibitors being used on Monkeys or humans suffering from male pattern baldness, just a claim from the CEO of a company! I personally would be terrified touching this stuff.
We might have new maintance treatment from Italian Doctor. He used S-Equol.

Desmond_84

Established Member
Reaction score
S-equol is definitely interesting. We need to get TWO things answered.

1) Does it work for male pattern baldness.
2) Can it cause gyno or sexual dysfunction as it is known to raise plasma oestrogen levels.

Let's hope we get lucky.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score

Hairlosscure2020 is filled with news about JAK inhibitors even though there is a direct link between JAK inhibitors and Lymphoma. In one of the pre-clinical animal studies ran by Pfizer for Tofacitinib, 3 out of 8 adult monkeys developed lymphomas. JAK inhibitors also re-activate dormant viral infections such as Chicken pox (leading to Shingles). There is also no clinical data available on JAK inhibitors being used on Monkeys or humans suffering from male pattern baldness, just a claim from the CEO of a company! I personally would be terrified touching this stuff.

That blog is the furthest away from objectively journalism though. Selective and biased. Filled mostly with desperate people that want to keep their hope up. Well as long as it makes them feel better..

But hey indeed as long as a CEO makes a claim, it works!

Hysterical-Laughing-Gif-05.gif

Last edited:

Youngerman

My Regimen
Reaction score
That blog is the furthest away from objectively journalism though. Selective and biased. Filled mostly with desperate people that want to keep their hope up. Well as long as it makes them feel better..

But hey indeed as long as a CEO makes a claim, it works!

Hysterical-Laughing-Gif-05.gif
Hey man we're struggling already. Nothing wrong with a little hope. Just be nice

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

AgD0tsd.gif

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man we're struggling already. Nothing wrong with a little hope. Just be nice

Ok, 4-5 years and you'll get your therapies that will regrow your hair. I'm a nice guy now for you? Off course I am, cause that's what you want to hear.

Maybe it's better to keep your expectations low. That way you can't get disappointed.

Giiizmo

Established Member
Reaction score
It's summer and the news drip is drying up a bit. It'll probably pick up by the end of the year and get some people excited yet again. Then again, it's not looking very rosy right now for sure.

I'm still hoping Histogen delivers a decent treatment in a couple of years that could help maintain or even regrow a bit of hair. Having both the HSC from Histogen and possibly CB to replace minoxidil and finasteride would be nice down the line.

I'm not holding my breath about Brotzu's potion, though, but I'd love to be surprised. Over in Europe, Italians are notorious for scams and exaggerations after all. Just look at the way they play soccer, each of their player is a seasoned thespian. ;)

GotHair?

Established Member
Reaction score
@HLT_Desmond84
Hi Desmond glad to see you post again.
I remember our optimistic days on the other forum(Sogeking there) before the Hair Loss Congress you went too. Sooner or later even the greatest optimists become jaded and cynical when they meet the glacial slow moving speed of hair loss research, not to mention the nonexistent pace of turning that research into hair loss treatments.

I agree with everything you said. I think at this point the only somewhat plausible treatment is Histogen, despite those photos, they showed around 40% on average in total hair count increase in Phase 1/2 study in Philippines. If they weren't tweaking and misreporting those results they would be superior to any current treatment available.

As for Brotzu lotion, the side effect profile is definitely the thing that worries me the most. Who knows what kind of effectiveness we can expect there. SM is joke for me with 10% hair increase after 3 months. I think it is a dud. Replicel could prove to be a good immunization technique however by the time it comes there won't be anything left to immunize on my scalp. Follica has been talked about on hair loss help since 2012, while Iron Man was touting Dr. Gho there. Follica also applied some lithium topical patent back in 2008. It is 2016 and we still haven't seen anything from them.

There are a few new players of which I am also fairy sceptical. Like Follicum which is aiming for the end of Phase 1/2 by the end of this year.

JAK inhibitors are a dud. Except for AA people.