Is There Any Hope For Future Hair Loss Treatments?

Breaking Bald

Established Member
Reaction score
Seriously guys I'm tired of all the false hope that we are given and no results! I can't take it anymore, when are we going to (if ever) get a treatment that s going to make a difference!!??

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
Seriously guys I'm tired of all the false hope that we are given and no results! I can't take it anymore, when are we going to (if ever) get a treatment that s going to make a difference!!??

Closest thing is Histogen's phase III trials starting in Mexico in July. So hopefully by 2018 we can go there and get it. For the US the closest I believe is Follica in 2018 but that is only if the trial with an undisclosed compound they conduct in the second half of 2016 meets the standard they want. The read out for that trial's results will be in sometime 2017, and potential commercialization in 2018.

Willy31

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Xaser94: Do you think that this two treatment (Histogen/Follicum) can be effective for a man with nothing hair (who lost all his hair)?

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
@Xaser94: Do you think that this two treatment (Histogen/Follicum) can be effective for a man with nothing hair (who lost all his hair)?

I do know the goal of both the treatments u are inquiring about are meant for regrowth and not just maintenance. We will have to wait and see unfortunately how effective these treatments are. Histogen did release pictures of one man suffering from Androgenetic Alopecia who went up at least one Norwood after the treatment. What will be interesting to see is if there is a compounding effect when going back for repeat injections. So you can theoretically keep getting the treatment till you have a good portion of your hair back. I hope this helps :)

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
What happened to samumed....

They finished Phase IIb and we are waiting for the results. If they go into a phase III we can be fairly confident they will also release a product but Idk when exactly that would be. I also hear Dr. Brotzu's lotion and Kelopesia should be released in 2017 if u have faith in any of those products.

marco75

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the wounding device + some compound will be able to get you a new base of hair, add to that the other treatments and someone will be able to go from Norwood 3 to Norwood 1 or Norwood 5/6 to Norwood 2/3. Then one can go the hair transplant route to finish it off. The cure won't be a magic pill or lotion but a combination of wounding, meds, topical and surgery.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the wounding device + some compound will be able to get you a new base of hair, add to that the other treatments and someone will be able to go from Norwood 3 to Norwood 1 or Norwood 5/6 to Norwood 2/3. Then one can go the hair transplant route to finish it off. The cure won't be a magic pill or lotion but a combination of wounding, meds, topical and surgery.

I won't see anything as a cure until full NW1(or something resembling the individual's original head of hair) can be achieved while dropping all maintenance meds.

Hopefully histogen and/or something like it will become easily accessible in most civilized places, and it'll become something routine as going to the dentist. I.e., if you're prone to male pattern baldness, you'll see the hair doctor every 6 months/year (or however much your situation requires) to see if you lost ground that needs to be made up.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
And if you see someone balding, rather than thinking, "damn, that dude's f***ed," it'll be more like, "damn, he's been skipping his appointments."...kind of like encountering someone who hasn't been brushing their teeth.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
And if you see someone balding, rather than thinking, "damn, that dude's f***ed," it'll be more like, "damn, he's been skipping his appointments."...kind of like encountering someone who hasn't been brushing their teeth.

Now THAT sounds like the future.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I dont know, but if a cure for male pattern baldness happened like a Norwood 7 can become a Norwood 1 like a teenager hairline I think that would actually cause a lot of changes in society. I think there are a lot of grey area subtle effects that are kind of based around male pattern baldness mainly with classifying a mans age. If every guy was Norwood 1 I think telling a guys age would be a way different story then it is today
I would say out of this whole forum of cutting edge treatments I am pretty skeptical much of anything big is going to happen for male pattern baldness in the next year or two. In 5 years I think we are still where we are now fighting for just maintance, and maybe not even doing that. I certainly dont see a cure for decades at the least.

orkun

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
tsuji hope that unlimited hair.
If it takes a big lie years tsuji defeated
January 2017 version kelopesi they are still working

Last edited:

orkun

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont know, but if a cure for male pattern baldness happened like a Norwood 7 can become a Norwood 1 like a teenager hairline I think that would actually cause a lot of changes in society. I think there are a lot of grey area subtle effects that are kind of based around male pattern baldness mainly with classifying a mans age. If every guy was Norwood 1 I think telling a guys age would be a way different story then it is today
I would say out of this whole forum of cutting edge treatments I am pretty skeptical much of anything big is going to happen for male pattern baldness in the next year or two. In 5 years I think we are still where we are now fighting for just maintance, and maybe not even doing that. I certainly dont see a cure for decades at the least.
hopeless cause
scientists hope to conduct

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a lot of hope in Fidia's treatment. It's the most promising treatment coming out in the next two years. It's coming out next year and I hope to go from NW2.5 to NW1.5 on it.

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
Nope, with Replicel's latest delay and falling stocks, it seems the game is over. Congratulations everyone, you're officially bald.

NorwoodGuardian

Established Member
Reaction score
Nothing in the pipeline will take a Norwood 6 to a NW1. There are only three near-term contenders: Histogen, Follica, and Samumed. Follica has stated it is not for some with "extensive" hairloss. Histogen hasn't said anything about compounding results, but if it works, I'd guess it will move you 1-2 Norwood classifications. Samumed's results were really disappointing, so figure it moves you a Norwood. All three are suppose to be available around 2018-19. If none of those three happens, it will be another ten years (from this year) at least.

How many times do I need to repeat??
Samumed's 10% regrowth is a THREE
MONTHS result . You guys who spread this nonsense negative comment must have purpose (hair transplant shill?) otherwise you wont say this BS again and again when hair transplant takes 1 year to achieve full result.
Guys, listen. Those naysayers to EVERY potential treatment or keep spreading desperate emotion must be working in hair transplant.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How many times do I need to repeat??
Samumed's 10% regrowth is a THREE
MONTHS result . You guys who spread this nonsense negative comment must have purpose (hair transplant shill?) otherwise you wont say this BS again and again when hair transplant takes 1 year to achieve full result.
Guys, listen. Those naysayers to EVERY potential treatment or keep spreading desperate emotion must be working in hair transplant.
The problem is that those modest results are being absolutely eclipsed by Samumed's arthritis medication. In fact, their entire valuation is predicated on said arthritis medication. 10% regrowth may not even be worth the immense costs to get it to market.