Is There Any Hope For Future Hair Loss Treatments?

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There are no phases here. This isn't a pharmaceutical.

They're selling a cosmetic.

They're doing a trial for marketing purposes.

And three years is more impressive than the multitude of sham products with their 12 week trials.

I believe he was referring to Shiseido.

I assume you're referring to Brotzu.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
So just out of curiosity Swoop I want to ask you seeing as you understand the science better than I do. I asked a few weeks ago how it is that hairs can enter a stage in which they cannot be revived. With replicel everyone seems to be saying it can be a preventative treatment, but the science also indicates that even though it may not be able to revive follicles that are no longer viable, can't the dermal sheath cup cells induce epidermal cup cells to cluster and create new hairs? I know their trials didn't show much, but they were being done to show yield yet right? If you get a chance to explain that more to me as to why people seem to think it may only be preventative despite the fact that the science says it should also create new hairs it would really help, thanks!

It's way easier to make predictions on pipeline drugs like CB, SETI, JAK's , SM, BIMA etc. However making predictions on Replicel/Shiseido is quite impossible imo. Depends on many factors and unknown variables. Can't logically deduct that.

Perhaps the cells will migrate into HF and repopulate the DP which could cause enlargement of miniaturized hairs. I guess we'll have to wait till we get the data. The most important factor would probably be if DSC can or really do repopulate the DP.

Solomon

Established Member
Reaction score
Replicel's phase 1 was only one injection on the biopsy-sized area.
That only picture from Replicel is shot on that biopsy-sized (injection place) area. I want to say that they didn't cover the whole scalp

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score
Dammit this made laugh too hard lol...

I just realised it's been 3 years and 2 months since Shiseido acquired the licence to Replicel's hair regeneration technology. 3 years has passed and the trials still haven't begun. To top it off, the regulatory authorities have forced them to run the trial for 3 years and will probably expect concurrent carcinogenicity and animal studies before product release. SMH...It's hard being the optimist these days. This will certainly push the Shiseido release timeline to 2020. My God!

B.T.T is now filled with hair transplant doctors showcasing their short-term fix to a progressive medical condition... Cutting edge section is a ghost town.

Hairlosscure2020 is filled with news about JAK inhibitors even though there is a direct link between JAK inhibitors and Lymphoma. In one of the pre-clinical animal studies ran by Pfizer for Tofacitinib, 3 out of 8 adult monkeys developed lymphomas. JAK inhibitors also re-activate dormant viral infections such as Chicken pox (leading to Shingles). There is also no clinical data available on JAK inhibitors being used on Monkeys or humans suffering from male pattern baldness, just a claim from the CEO of a company! I personally would be terrified touching this stuff.

First of all, great to see you posting again Desmond. We really need your insight and knowledge. But what about if a topical version of tofacitinib was used to stimulate hair growth? I remember Dr. Christiano saying how topical would probably have virtually no side effects.

Last edited:

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Over in Europe, Italians are notorious for scams and exaggerations after all. Just look at the way they play soccer, each of their player is a seasoned thespian. ;)

If this were true, by now we would have Brotzu's lotion in perfume shops, not in Fidia's unfathomable labs...

LastSamurai

Established Member
Reaction score
I was first on this forum 10 years ago! Back when I was 18 or so. Back then, it was the same mantra as it is today. 2015, 2020. In the next five years, and we don't seem any closer.

Honestly the only you can do is enjoy your life, workout, be happy and hairloss will be a minor thing. Its what you make of it and how much attention you give it. Acceptance is a completely free treatment and the best treatment there is.

Instead of worrying about treatments and sides and costs and everything, why don't you just commit to regular gym practice, eating really healthy, maybe improving your tan, your style, etc. I truly beleive that its one piece of the equation and not the whole thing. Its just that we like to pretend as such so we have something to blame in our lives.

Take some responsibility and accountability and be a man. Men do not worry about hair or lack of hair.

Reactions: Dar

Dar

Established Member
Reaction score
I was first on this forum 10 years ago! Back when I was 18 or so. Back then, it was the same mantra as it is today. 2015, 2020. In the next five years, and we don't seem any closer.

Honestly the only you can do is enjoy your life, workout, be happy and hairloss will be a minor thing. Its what you make of it and how much attention you give it. Acceptance is a completely free treatment and the best treatment there is.

Instead of worrying about treatments and sides and costs and everything, why don't you just commit to regular gym practice, eating really healthy, maybe improving your tan, your style, etc. I truly beleive that its one piece of the equation and not the whole thing. Its just that we like to pretend as such so we have something to blame in our lives.

Take some responsibility and accountability and be a man. Men do not worry about hair or lack of hair.

True but some (especially younger men)will continue to hope and worry. But I think eventually most men accept it especially when they reach an age that no one gives a damn what you look like. When I was younger I would never have left the house unless I was dressed in nice cloths.... Once I hit my early 30's I got more casual and realized most in my age group don't judge a book by its cover any longer.

Another thing I noticed (not just about hairloss) ....ever since the internet became fully implemented in 1996 people seem to be less patient or have unrealistic expectations about "cures" , love, life etc. Just because we can talk a subject to death everyday its not gonna make hairloss or any other age related physical change go away any quicker. We can't expect miracles.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
take some responsibility and accountability and be a man. Men do not worry about hair or lack of hair.

I underlined the words that I think are most incorrect in your line of thought, with all due respect.

I don't think any of us is responsible or accountable for his/her own hairloss. It just happens to you, you are not responsible for it, you just deal with it.

As for being a man, sensitivity evolves over the years and not everyone today thinks that the looks of a man should continue to be the subject of a joke, because it has been researched that, just like a woman's looks, they can influence your whole existence.

And last thing about manning up: we also have members here who are women. I guess they will not be helped by the observation that men do not worry about hair or lack of it?

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dolly the sheep's siblings 'healthy'

ash3copy.png

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/36893506#

Greybeer

Established Member
Reaction score

The irony here lies in his username, as the samurais are known to basically worship their topknots equivalent to their soul. You don't get manlier than the samurai...