Is There A Way To Go From A Norwood 1.5 To <nw1

hairlineiseverything

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 21 and a half and have a Norwood 1.5 with thick hair. I'm obsessed with a straight hairline and would like to have a <NW1 hairline. I've had this hairline for many years now (at least 4) so I assume that finasteride won't do anything. What are my options? And would you still recommand me to take finasteride to avoid any further recession?

alekgn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 21 and a half and have a Norwood 1.5 with thick hair. I'm obsessed with a straight hairline and would like to have a <NW1 hairline. I've had this hairline for many years now (at least 4) so I assume that finasteride won't do anything. What are my options? And would you still recommand me to take finasteride to avoid any further recession?

Are you insane?

alekgn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do really want this guy's hairline:
276962_v9_ba.jpg

Or would you rather have this hairline:
Ewan-McGregor-Tweet-Piers-Morgan-About-Women-March.jpg

Last edited:

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
If your hairloss aint too aggressive what about minoxidil once before you go to sleep on your hairline? It might take u to nw1 territory but to hold onto it you need finasteride I think.

I'm 1.5 myself aswell but I am going to start big three soon (currently only on big two, propecia next week) and I would also like to get to nw1 terriotiry hehe

alekgn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If your hairloss aint too aggressive what about minoxidil once before you go to sleep on your hairline? It might take u to nw1 territory but to hold onto it you need finasteride I think.

I'm 1.5 myself aswell but I am going to start big three soon (currently only on big two, propecia next week) and I would also like to get to nw1 terriotiry hehe

I can understand wanting a NW1, but if you want a NW0, either you're trans or insane

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can understand wanting a NW1, but if you want a NW0, either you're trans or insane

haha I'm 100% sure you would rather want to get nw0 than ''maintaining'' at nw2 on propecia if you had the choice

alekgn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
haha I'm 100% sure you would rather want to get nw0 than ''maintaining'' at nw2 on propecia if you had the choice

My hierarchy would be NW1 > NW2 > NW0. I think NW0 just looks child like and weird on males.

alekgn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
how old are ya
18.5. I've had a NW1.5 for at least a year. I'd only get on finasteride if I started to notice further temple recession, thinning all over, or the crown begins to go. None of that has seemed to happen yet. I've maintained my temple triangles, which is critical to framing your face.

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
18.5. I've had a NW1.5 for at least a year. I'd only get on finasteride if I started to notice further temple recession, thinning all over, or the crown begins to go. None of that has seemed to happen yet. I've maintained my temple triangles, which is critical to framing your face.

godspeed son

alekgn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
godspeed son
You're using min at NW1.5?

Jesus. Possible premature aging (wrinkles) doesn't bother you? I'd rather be a fresh NW1.5 than a wrinkled NW0. The vast majority of society doesn't think you're balding until NW3, sometimes even NW3V. I only recommend min for someone with NW2.5 to NW3V. Min won't be very effective at NW4+. Transplants only make sense from NW4 to NW5. If you're NW5.5 or greater, just shave it.

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're using min at NW1.5?

Jesus. Possible premature aging (wrinkles) doesn't bother you? I'd rather be a fresh NW1.5 than a wrinkled NW0. The vast majority of society doesn't think you're balding until NW3, sometimes even NW3V. I only recommend min for someone with NW2.5 to NW3V. Min won't be very effective at NW4+. Transplants only make sense from NW4 to NW5. If you're NW5.5 or greater, just shave it.

I started with minoxidil when I was NW2V. I am a diffuse thinner boi

Secondly, I have godlike facial aging genetics or whatever u can wanna call it. Family looks so much younger than they are. I also dont even believe that getting wrinkles for minoxidil is even real. I've slept with wet hair (minoxidil in it) so many times, I wake up bloated, drink 2l of water before eating anything and I'm back to normal status. I also moisture my face everynight before sleep.

TLDR I take care of my skin, anyone using minoxidil or not should

alekgn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started with minoxidil when I was NW2V. I am a diffuse thinner boi

Secondly, I have godlike facial aging genetics or whatever u can wanna call it. Family looks so much younger than they are. I also dont even believe that getting wrinkles for minoxidil is even real. I've slept with wet hair (minoxidil in it) so many times, I wake up bloated, drink 2l of water before eating anything and I'm back to normal status. I also moisture my face everynight before sleep.

TLDR I take care of my skin, anyone using minoxidil or not should

My bad. I thought you had started with it when you were a NW1.5 lol. Great progress, by the way. I'm also one of the few guys that takes care of his skin too, lol. I use very light foundation with spf protection and moisturization, and a nightly mousturizer (I use a light amount of corrective makeup because I have some leftover minor acne scarring from my early teens as well as a little redness). I have decent facial aging genetics too, lol. I don't have any signs of crows feet or even nasolabial folds (laugh lines). My hair genetics are mixed. My dad looks about 10 years younger than his actual age. He's been a NW1.5 up to his 50s. He's only recently experienced some thinnminor diffuse thinning (nothing unusual for his age). My uncle is a NW4 at 42; however he was like a NW3 for 15 years straight.

alekgn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is NW1, people on this site don't understand difference between hairline and forehead size.

Most Norwood charts don't even include NW0. NW0, to my knowledge, is a hairline with rounded corners and is generally very low. A NW1 is generally slightly higher with straight corners. I consider the picture to be NW0 because of the low hairline and that your his corners have virtually no recession at all, not even to ones that form a straight line.