Is there a possibility of Telogen Effluvium causing thinning at the crown?(URGENT)

davidfan

Reaction score
I went to a hair transplant surgeon and she diagnosed me with T.E and said I don't have Androgenetic Alopecia or male pattern baldness. My hair is thick mostly except for thinning at the crown and hairline. I'm 23. I had severe seborrheic dermatitis but the flakes and itchiness is completely gone since I started (a month ago) with nizoral twice a week.

Is this possibly a misdiagnosis?

Please give your opinion. I'm really worried and having sleepless nights.

OPINIONS WELCOME. PLEASE!!

Also had bloodwork done:

Alkaline Phosphatase is high at 189 (normal range is 38-94).

Hairline - Nov 2015 1.jpgHairline - Nov 2015 2.jpgScreen Shot 2015-11-20 at 10.33.05 pm.jpgScreen Shot 2015-11-20 at 10.33.25 pm.jpgScreen Shot 2015-11-20 at 10.33.58 pm.jpg

Koga

Established Member
Reaction score
I see no thinning at the hairline. And that could be a perfectly healthy and normal crown. Only you can know. If unsure, take some more pictures and compare the with new pictures in a few months.

davidfan

Reaction score
I see no thinning at the hairline. And that could be a perfectly healthy and normal crown. Only you can know. If unsure, take some more pictures and compare the with new pictures in a few months.

I dermatologist called me a Norwood 3 due to the high hairline and the bald spot at the crown.

I'm regularly gonna keep tabs on the crown and see what happens. I've never taken pics of it before. My current regimen is:

Keto shampoo 2x a week
Anastim scalp concentrate 3x a week
Avocado Hair serum 2x a week

About the hairline, I'm worried as it looks a little thin at the left side of the second pic; and in the first pic, you can see how far apart the strands are in the middle section. I'm worried about it receding and getting a hairline like Nic Cage.

davidfan

Reaction score
This isn't a troll post. Somebody? Please?

The right side above the forehead receded by 1.5cm in just a month.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
If she said you were a NW3 then you are balding. You don't look like a NW3 but your hairline is rather high and uneven. Looks like a receding hairline to me.

davidfan

Reaction score
If she said you were a NW3 then you are balding. You don't look like a NW3 but your hairline is rather high and uneven. Looks like a receding hairline to me.

The transplant surgeon said it's a mature hairline and T.E.
The dermatologist said I'm a NW3 with Androgenetic Alopecia.

I don't know whom to believe. How normal is it to see scalp when hair is pulled/divided?

moarhairpls

Reaction score
I think the hair transplant surgeon is right. People say I'm imagining it when i say I'm going balls, and i wish I had your hair. I don't see how you could be considered a Norwood 3.

After looking at the second pic again, I think you're probably a norwood 2 and should consider Finasteride before it gets worse. It's not likely to stop where it is.