Is There A Better Forum To Discuss New Research And Studies

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nope. There's p.h.g, the private nazi forum. There's btt which has been dead for years. Tressless doesn't have much in depth discussion. The German and Dutch forums aren't very active anymore, and are just finasteride/minoxidil talk

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The other forums gave up a long time ago and tressless is a joke. There have been some private forums and discords, but most quickly go the animal farm route.

corkmeister

Established Member
Reaction score
Nope. There's p.h.g, the private nazi forum. There's btt which has been dead for years. Tressless doesn't have much in depth discussion. The German and Dutch forums aren't very active anymore, and are just finasteride/minoxidil talk

Yeah, tressless is basically worthless in terms of actual discussion. And every discord server I've been in just devolves into people asking the same old nonsensical questions without doing any research themselves, often within a matter of days. It's depressing.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
This site is slow, constantly down, full of tech glitches that will never be fixed. Discussions always diverge to racial, gender discrimination, political or out of topic. Search sucks. Too many flaws to list.

Is there a better forum than this one? There must be, right?
Yes, same as the planet. Same as internet. No, all the other forums are really dead . From Alt baldspot to hairsite, regrowth, hairlosshelp, etc. That is the only one really good left. Ignore idiots.

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It actually blow my mind, you would expect that with the rising awareness to looks and its increasing importance in today's society, the amount of people concerned about hairloss and the activity in those forums will only go up. But we see the opposite trend, even the activity in this forum decrease over time as I noticed. I wonder why is that...

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well ye but it doesnt work like that, it is always a cycle. The old ones might leave with time, but there are always new people who just started experience hairloss, or just started being concern about it, that coming into this field with new hopes, knowing nothing about our long battle and the research dissapointments.
In todays world I would expect the change rate would be positive

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Forums in general have been declining for years. People only use social media and Reddit now.

theotherusero

My Regimen
Reaction score
Since the forum is brand new you may have to check for the confirmation mail in the spam folder and please report it as 'Not Spam'.

-G-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well ye but it doesnt work like that, it is always a cycle. The old ones might leave with time, but there are always new people who just started experience hairloss, or just started being concern about it, that coming into this field with new hopes, knowing nothing about our long battle and the research dissapointments.
In todays world I would expect the change rate would be positive

Personally, I don't think younger generation is as concerned. I would think the same applies to something simple as glasses. My age bracket and probably older, there was a slight negative connotation towards glasses i.e., "four eyes", etc. However, I don't see that in the the younger crowds. They are pieces of accessories.

I personally think, the sample probably applies to hair as well. We are starting to lose our hair younger and younger from various factors and I am starting to see more balding ("M" shaped hairlines) pictures/models used. There are people here who, I think are simply deluded into thinking balding is not sexy. Sure not the best thing in the world but clearly there is more to life and yes, you can still get laid if you are bald. Just play your cards right.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Personally, I don't think younger generation is as concerned. I would think the same applies to something simple as glasses. My age bracket and probably older, there was a slight negative connotation towards glasses i.e., "four eyes", etc. However, I don't see that in the the younger crowds. They are pieces of accessories.

I personally think, the sample probably applies to hair as well. We are starting to lose our hair younger and younger from various factors and I am starting to see more balding ("M" shaped hairlines) pictures/models used. There are people here who, I think are simply deluded into thinking balding is not sexy. Sure not the best thing in the world but clearly there is more to life and yes, you can still get laid if you are bald. Just play your cards right.
Is that why your regimen says "Crying&Praying"

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean I’m not really on here much either. My hair loss is still consider mild almost moderate loss now, but with SM finishing up their phase 3 in January, follica starting their phase three soon, and who knows when CB will. I don’t have much to discuss or talk about. I’ll get on SM the second it’s released and same with follica.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
This site is slow, constantly down, full of tech glitches that will never be fixed. Discussions always diverge to racial, gender discrimination, political or out of topic. Search sucks. Too many flaws to list.

Is there a better forum than this one? There must be, right?

Hair loss research is sparse and slow even normally, and now that this Corona sh*t is happening, there's even less going on.

The reason that this forum is devolving into that kind of mess, is that there just isn't that much good research to discuss in the first place. There's nothing f*****g going on in the hair loss world. That's the sad truth. And even if there is something posted, it's just a concept of something that is probably 10 or 15 or forever years away. If there was a hot new tangible treatment you could bet that the morale and quality of posts around here would improve.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think for the sake of inclusivity, there should be a LBGTA-Z balding communist gun-lovers thread. For those ppl, of course. jk

clarence-forgotpassword

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The other forums gave up a long time ago and tressless is a joke. There have been some private forums and discords, but most quickly go the animal farm route.

The private forum is full of freaks who think they're on the forefront of scientific research. Several members defended a scam-product called PiloxII, and they banned a member when he began criticizing Dr. Nigam.