Is The Mature Hairline Bull**** Or Is It Real?

Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 130973 I'm in the stage now at 19 where i'm like nw1.5 with thinning that goes back as far as nw2, first noticed it about View attachment 130970 View attachment 130971 1yr ago at my left temple, I've had 0 loss on my right temple. Really minor hairloss, my dad is mid 50s and has a perfect head of long hair, I'd say he is nw2.5 - 3 but covers it with with a middle parting, but my maternal grandfather had really bad thinning at the crown by age 30 with a nw2. He ended up with the horseshoe. Where do you think ill end up in the upcoming years? This is my dads hair mid 50sView attachment 130974

fenom

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is wrong with people? Your hair seems fine but you seem so easy to get a pill with so many side effects. Go to a dermatologist first and make sure that you are not balding, no need to rush on pills that are bad for you overall.

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wouldn't touch finasteride at that age, but minoxidil probably fine. Speak to a dermatologist, ideally one that has a clue.

Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This photo proves it, Nw3 incoming, only 19, I can remember having a perfectly fine hairline around January 2018 so my hairloss started at some point after that date, I cover my hairline with bangs.

Last edited:

OnThePill

My Regimen
Reaction score
That is where I was heading. However, I had miniaturizing on the top before I got where you are. I am now using finasteride until I get dutasteride.

The earlier you get on medication the better the outcome will be.

There are a lot of people out there that will try to stop you from messing with your DHT levels regardless of your age. I have a suspicion many of those are the Joe Rogan type.

Yes, it sucks you have to mess with your hormones at such a young age. You never know what it could do in the long run. However, some people are well developed at a very young age and can already grow a beard. I started to get some hair on my chin (and other areas) 4 years ago, which is when my hair loss got going. The only thing I think might be impacted is you brain development, but I don't think that is an issue when on finasteride because it goes after one type unlike dutasteride. I wouldn't suggest dutasteride.

If you do get on finasteride or dutasteride it could slow down your facial hair growth or other areas of hair that would normally convert from vellus hairs. Like maybe you won't get hairy nipples. You will be closer to a teen as time goes on instead of some hairy *** man. However, minoxidil beards seem to be a thing.

Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That is where I was heading. However, I had miniaturizing on the top before I got where you are. I am now using finasteride until I get dutasteride.

The earlier you get on medication the better the outcome will be.

There are a lot of people out there that will try to stop you from messing with your DHT levels regardless of your age. I have a suspicion many of those are the Joe Rogan type.

Yes, it sucks you have to mess with your hormones at such a young age. You never know what it could do in the long run. However, some people are well developed at a very young age and can already grow a beard. I started to get some hair on my chin (and other areas) 4 years ago, which is when my hair loss got going. The only thing I think might be impacted is you brain development, but I don't think that is an issue when on finasteride because it goes after one type unlike dutasteride. I wouldn't suggest dutasteride.

If you do get on finasteride or dutasteride it could slow down your facial hair growth or other areas of hair that would normally convert from vellus hairs. Like maybe you won't get hairy nipples. You will be closer to a teen as time goes on instead of some hairy *** man. However, minoxidil beards seem to be a thing.

I think I may leave my hair for another year and see what the progression is like, I may regret it but I am a student and don't really have the money to be spending on finasteride and minoxidil etc otherwise I would've hopped on it 10 months ago when I first noticed my hairloss.
It still feels like I'm way too young to have to deal with this sh*t but that's life I guess, atleast I have my health.

Raphael13

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think mature hairline is a real thing and it doesn't mean it's a norwood 2 either. You can have a mature hairline and be norwood 1.

When I was 15-16 I had the typical juvenile hairline, somewhere between age 17-19 the hairline changed a bit and went a little higher but it was still a 100% norwood 1. It wasnt thinning, it wasnt receding, it just changed its shape.

Some people go from juvenile hairline to receding. Some go from juvenile hairline to a more mature hairline, and some tend to keep their juvenile hairline for years and years, maybe even until their last days (Frank Vincent).

el_duterino

Reaction score
mature hairline means male pattern baldness , especially at your age not at 50

get on meds asap

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
well, not sure> my temples were pretty much gone at 30 or so. hairline went back about a half inch. Im 53 now and the vertex started thinning a bit, but my hairline is where it was at 30.and my hair is still quite thick. Nobody would think I have hairloss.

Inigo1202

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Go see a dermatologist. He's the only one that can tell you for sure.

If you have Androgenetic Alopecia, there are really few options that have been proved to work. Finasteride (or Dutas), Minoxidil, hair vitamins, dermarollers, keto shampoo.

The key to fight Androgenetic Alopecia are antiandrogens though. Finasteride should be the basic treatment for everyone having Androgenetic Alopecia.