Is The Cure For This Disease Anywhere Close?

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Possibly 6 or 7 years to "the cure" but not 20. No way 20. They will solve heart disease, cancer and Alzheimer's by the 2030s, which is maybe 10 to 15 years. I think hair loss will be solved well in advance of the year 2040.

"We were surprised to find a totally normal number of stem cells in the hair follicles in the bald scalp."
"So this raised hope to people that we can come up with a way of activating these stem cells."
"If we figure out a way to wake up those stem cells, get them to make hair for progenitor cells, that would go a long way toward developing a treatment," - George Cotsarelis, 2011

Le voila, a eureka moment for hair loss just two months ago!

We Just Figured out How to Activate Stem Cells to Treat Baldness, said some ordinary academics working quietly behind the scenes, 2017

I predict hair loss is solved with a commercially available "this absolutely works" treatment by 2022 or 2023. In the mean time, there is Tsuji... and Follica and Replicel.

Last edited:

markymark48

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm curious about the Kyocera treatment. In the crowd funding thread, it mentions asking them about the cost. Potentially 35K to 65K?? Where did he get those figures? Has the company ever hinted it would cost that much?

I'm also wondering why it would cost so much. Is it the length of the procedure?

Also... Could this be a case where the initial customers will pay a fortune so that the company will pay back some of the development cost, which will be followed by a dramatic decrease in the price in the following years?

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm curious about the Kyocera treatment. In the crowd funding thread, it mentions asking them about the cost. Potentially 35K to 65K?? Where did he get those figures? Has the company ever hinted it would cost that much?

I'm also wondering why it would cost so much. Is it the length of the procedure?

Also... Could this be a case where the initial customers will pay a fortune so that the company will pay back some of the development cost, which will be followed by a dramatic decrease in the price in the following years?
If you're talking about Tsuji and Riken I think it'll definitely be somewhere in there $35-65,000 imagine that, your self confidence back for decades for what you'll make in a year or two, who knows we could be wrong and it's $1,000 but I highly doubt it since they want to cure 10,000 people the first year, that's why I imagine that it'll be really high for the first few years, but they better lower the price because competition will catch up.

ALightInTheDark

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Possibly 6 or 7 years to "the cure" but not 20. No way 20. They will solve heart disease, cancer and Alzheimer's by the 2030s, which is maybe 10 to 15 years. I think hair loss will be solved well in advance of the year 2040.

Le voila, a eureka moment for hair loss just two months ago!

I predict hair loss is solved with a commercially available "this absolutely works" treatment by 2022 or 2023. In the mean time, there is Tsuji... and Follica and Replicel.

This.

But don't get confused. We will have the cure in 10 to 20 years at best. He is right. To be cured means to have supress the desease and to get rid of it forever. It will only happens when scientists will discover how to get that sh*t done with genetics and understanding at 100% the big picture.
Even flu isn't cured,but you can get treated for it :) This is what will happens for hair loss : we will have a godly treatment,but not a cure.

Abz232

My Regimen
Reaction score
So everyone is concerned about somehow reversing hair loss which hasn't happened in last hundred years. What has improved however is our ability to extract grafts and transplant them more and more effectively. To date, we only have two methods available in the market. FUT and FUE procedures. Both of these methods are effective however due to scarring, we are able to extract limited amount of grafts.

Now imagine that if we find a way to extract graft without scarring, most of the people will be able to have a full head of hair or come close to it. Here is why I think it will be so effective:

1) Ability to redesign hair on our head
2) Using beard hair and chest hair without risk of scarring.
3) Significantly increase number of grafts per session
4) Significantly increase the growth rate as 100% of grafts will grow back without the risk of damaging grafts
5) Since there is no scarring, we can extract all available grafts which will allow most hair loss sufferers to completely treat balding.

Because of the reasons mentioned above, I believe researchers should use their effort and time to find a better method.

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No one knows what's going to happen. All you can do for now is cling on to every last strand of hair on your head using finasteride and get the occasional transplant when required. Oh, and don't forget to pray to tsuji every night before bed.

CharAblaze

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been limiting my time on these forums, so I'll just give you my prophercy. It will be a bit retarded, full of wishful thinking but deal with it.

1) 2016 Legend of Brotion - Arrest hairloss, restore your weak hairs to their original thickness, regrow entire NWs or like transexuals regrow a full head of thick hair from bald scalp, but without sides. Permanent usage is required.

If all of that was true, Brotzu will win a Nobel prize. Possible release in early/mid/late 2018. More than that, just f*** IT. + We need results on Androgenetic Alopecia first.

2) 2018/2019 Possible permanent maintenance + potential regrowth.

Replicel has no roadbblocks to release in Japan by the end of 2018, start of 2019. + Shiseido is focusing all of their efforts to hair research as they recently stated. This will surely hit the market.

3) 2019 Ultimate dermarolling grows new hair (how much? how thick? I don't know sh*t)

Follica will definitely release in 2019 unless they totally f*** up in FDA approval. They've been delaying for more than 3 years already due to those f*****g regulations.

4) 2020 Unlimited hair transplants (how thick? I don't know sh*t) (Tsuji)

60% chance of release in 2020/2021.
It may be expensive af, but nothing will stop you from a loan when you are on the verge of suicide. And I actually think that it has been delayed back, that's a good sign.

Other sh*t:

5) Sammumed (Sideless finasteride) - Possibly 2021
6) L'oreal real hair wig transplant (2025-2030)
7)Follicum (I know jack sh*t about Sweden drug development times)

To summarise (in less than 5 years we wil have):
Full Blown cure
- NO!
Multiapproach cure - Maybe.
Better treatments - Yes.

1) May be a cure, but c'mon sounds too good to be true.
4) is the potential cure, but what about thickness.
1) + 2) If works equal a cure.
2) + 3) If works well may equal a cure.
2) may be a cure if repeated injections restore thickness and grow new hair.

We need 3 f*****g things for a cure: restored thickness, new or transplanted thick hairs and stopping the balding process.

Last edited:

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been limiting my time on these forums, so I'll just give you my prophercy. It will be a bit retarded, full of wishful thinking but deal with it.

1) 2016 Legend of Brotion - Arrest hairloss, restore your weak hairs to their original thickness, regrow entire NWs or like a transexuals regrow a full head of thick hair from bald scalp, but without sides. Permanent usage is required.

If all of that was true, Brotzu will win a Nobel prize. Possible release in early/mid/late 2018. More than that, just f*** IT. + We need results on Androgenetic Alopecia first.

2) 2018/2019 Possible permanent maintenance + potential regrowth.

Replicel has no roadbblocks to release in Japan by the end of 2018, start of 2019. + Shiseido is focusing all of their efforts to hair research as they recently stated. This will surely hit the market.

3) 2019 Ultimate dermarolling grows new hair (how much? how thick? I don't know sh*t)

Follica will definitely release in 2019 unless they totally f*** up in FDA approval. They've been delaying for more than 3 years already due to those f*****g regulations.

4) 2020 Unlimited hair transplants (how thick? I don't know sh*t) (Tsuji)

60% chance of release in 2020/2021.
It may be expensive af, but nothing will stop you from a loan when you are on the verge of suicide. And I actually think that it has been delayed back, that's a good sign.

Other sh*t:

5) Sammumed (Sidless finasteride) - Possibly 2021
6) L'oreal real hair wig transplant (2025-2030)
7)Follicum (I know jack sh*t about Sweden drug development times)

To summarise (in less than 5 years we wil have):
Full Blown cure
- NO!
Multiapproach cure - Maybe.
Better treatments - Yes.

1) May be a cure, but c'mon sounds too good to be true.
4) is the potential cure, but what about thickness.
1) + 2) If works equal a cure.
2) + 3) If works well may equal a cure.
2) may be a cure if repeated injections restore thickness and grow new hair.

We need 3 f*****g things for a cure: restored thickness, new or transplanted thick hairs and stopping the balding process.

This is the problem, none of these are treating the cause.. only delaying the inevitable. What is this L'Oréal wig transplant? Do they plant artificial hair into the scalp or something? I'm surprised we aren't able to transplant someone else's follicles into our scalps. That will probably be a thing in years to come.. just like sperm donor's we'll have the same but for hair lol

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the problem, none of these are treating the cause.. only delaying the inevitable. What is this L'Oréal wig transplant? Do they plant artificial hair into the scalp or something? I'm surprised we aren't able to transplant someone else's follicles into our scalps. That will probably be a thing in years to come.. just like sperm donor's we'll have the same but for hair lol
How is Tsuji delaying the inevitable? If it's done like stated in their website it's basically a cure for you but your genetics are still tainted so it's not in reality a cure. Hopefully in our lifetime we'll have a full head of hair again, sad to say especially since I'm only 19.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
We will unfortunately never see a "cure" in our lifetime, more effective treatments hell yeah.

A cure means one shot treatment, by correcting the DNA curse that fucked up our looks, and this...well won't happen before many decades, even a century, or maybe two, IF mankind survive till then.

Tsuji's/Riken method is great, but i won't called it a "cure", still a hair transplant with unlimited donor area.This will again be reliant on surgeon skill, and in the end, won't be our original and beloved youth hairs.
Cosmetically acceptable ? yeah...why not, if y'oure lucky to find the Mozart of hair transplant surgeon for your 90K cloned grafts if you're Norwood 7
I still don't get why people call it a "cure", but don't get me wrong, it's a huge solution nonetheless, and those hairs will be resistant.

We still need to identify all genes linked to baldness, 300 have been linked to it so far, and list will goes on and on...you can't alter that many genes...even with top methods like CRISPR Cas9, which let's say it right away, still don't stable and hasn't been tested on fully developped humans.

Changing genes on a embryo is doable, one single cell to target.Adult human ? 100 000 000 000 000 cells...good luck with that.
All genes therapies experimented on humans so far targeted a small amount of cells, and results were unpredictable, leading to strong immuno response, cancer, tumors, two different DNA's in ones body, and death...Anyway, maybe, and it's a big maybe, in a century or two, who knows, but i wouldn't count on that.

A good treatment approach would be to create new follicles, like the one's Follica is experimenting, even hairs lost due to aging can be created again, and of course, find a way to avoid DHT harming then without messing with body hormones...that's why i believe in their treatment, they are on right path here.

Again, this will not be a cure, but a lifetime treatment, and this is fine by me."Cure for baldness" is still a SF concept here, all scientists have agreed on that.

A glimpse of the future in this masterpiece from 1998...curing by avoiding being born in the first place, there is hope for our children, or their children.

ALightInTheDark

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So everyone is concerned about somehow reversing hair loss which hasn't happened in last hundred years. What has improved however is our ability to extract grafts and transplant them more and more effectively. To date, we only have two methods available in the market. FUT and FUE procedures. Both of these methods are effective however due to scarring, we are able to extract limited amount of grafts.

Now imagine that if we find a way to extract graft without scarring, most of the people will be able to have a full head of hair or come close to it. Here is why I think it will be so effective:

1) Ability to redesign hair on our head
2) Using beard hair and chest hair without risk of scarring.
3) Significantly increase number of grafts per session
4) Significantly increase the growth rate as 100% of grafts will grow back without the risk of damaging grafts
5) Since there is no scarring, we can extract all available grafts which will allow most hair loss sufferers to completely treat balding.

Because of the reasons mentioned above, I believe researchers should use their effort and time to find a better method.

Hair Donor Area is limited,scarring is out of subject you only take 1 graf of 1 to 5 hairs and place it on your bald part. Hair from DA is gone forever and will never grow back. Unless you have unlimited donor area you can forget your idea

Hair Transplant if for me,only for finition,else it's outdated,pricey and complicated to be done :)

We need real treatments.

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm waiting for that guy who is going to get a head transplant if he made it, I will get some dead chad head transplanted in my body.
Boom cured, then I will use a dermalroller for the sergury stitches in my nick, I will update for you to see if the dermalroler is working or not.

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How is Tsuji delaying the inevitable? If it's done like stated in their website it's basically a cure for you but your genetics are still tainted so it's not in reality a cure. Hopefully in our lifetime we'll have a full head of hair again, sad to say especially since I'm only 19.

Can you achieve a Norwood 1/0 with Tsuji? Even if you were a Norwood 6/7..

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
the cure looks to be close but...
f85f60f06d9ea9e01bb0711ed19753cf.gif

Last edited:

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you achieve a Norwood 1/0 with Tsuji? Even if you were a Norwood 6/7..
According to Tsujis plan you could grow 10,000 hairs from 10 hairs in the back so I would say yes, thing is you wouldn't have an adult hairline you'd have a child hairline forever which still eats having no hair lol.

CharAblaze

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
According to Tsujis plan you could grow 10,000 hairs from 10 hairs in the back so I would say yes, thing is you wouldn't have an adult hairline you'd have a child hairline forever which still eats having no hair lol.
But what if your donor area is thin. It MAY THIN dude!
Then you are fucked unless something that restores density is out.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Then you could use something like Toppik to make it look thicker. At least it won't fall out.