Is The Cure For This Disease Anywhere Close?

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, in my occasional lurking (primarily of Noisette's threads) since leaving a while back, I've noticed this place has descended into complete f*****g lunacy.

Anyway, I wasn't going to caught up in it, but I had to sign in to say something to this because I've seen him on about it a few times now and while I'm sure it will amount to nothing; someone has to say it.

As I understand, you repeatedly claim that these methods will fail because you believe that hair follicles will be restricted in their thickness due to limited space within the skin or something like that; you seem quite convinced.

You seem quite convinced, despite that some of the most well-known hairloss research of the last 50 years readily dispels your fear and there has been no developing hairloss therapy shut down due to such a problem.

In the 1990s, Jahoda successfully used a mix of both his own cells and his wife's to grow new hair in her arm. Here is a picture that was taken at a distance.

View attachment 68243

As you can see below her wrist watch, the hair is perfectly visible and appears about as thick as much of her bangs.

Successful dermarolling experiments as well as the famed "BBQ Man" have regrown full-thickness follicles with no issue.

View attachment 68244

In a recent study from Iran, human dermal papilla and epithelial cells were injected into nude mice and it induced hair growth.

View attachment 68245

There is nothing to indicate that your concerns, at least when it comes to growing human hair, are valid.

Follica works and we know that the process can be repeated; logically, it should be possible to repeat it until a sufficient amount of coverage is achieved should the first pass be insufficient.

If Tsuji succeeds in culturing the required cells (the real hurdle true "cloning" hair), there is no real reason to believe it will fail in humans because we already know it can be done.
You said "logically the process can be repeated" as in you can get your density up to maybe the average humans?

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You said "logically the process can be repeated" as in you can get your density up to maybe the average humans?

In the patent @Noisette posted about Follica's protocol, the repetition of the process to enhance result is mentionned, but we don't know if we can recover a full density, this aspect is not written

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
In the patent @Noisette posted about Follica's protocol, the repetition of the process to enhance result is mentionned, but we don't know if we can recover a full density, this aspect is not written

Source for @Tracksterderm, cause he doesn't seem to agree

"In an embodiment, the treatment regimen is repeated multiple times to build up hair density over time."
Only mention of this.

Methods for treating baldness and promoting hair growth
https://www.google.com/patents/WO2012078649A1?cl=en

But you can read the entire patent and see for yourself

Last edited:

S Foote.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So, in my occasional lurking (primarily of Noisette's threads) since leaving a while back, I've noticed this place has descended into complete f*****g lunacy.

Anyway, I wasn't going to caught up in it, but I had to sign in to say something to this because I've seen him on about it a few times now and while I'm sure it will amount to nothing; someone has to say it.

As I understand, you repeatedly claim that these methods will fail because you believe that hair follicles will be restricted in their thickness due to limited space within the skin or something like that; you seem quite convinced.

You seem quite convinced, despite that some of the most well-known hairloss research of the last 50 years readily dispels your fear and there has been no developing hairloss therapy shut down due to such a problem.

In the 1990s, Jahoda successfully used a mix of both his own cells and his wife's to grow new hair in her arm. Here is a picture that was taken at a distance.

View attachment 68243

As you can see below her wrist watch, the hair is perfectly visible and appears about as thick as much of her bangs.

Successful dermarolling experiments as well as the famed "BBQ Man" have regrown full-thickness follicles with no issue.

View attachment 68244

In a recent study from Iran, human dermal papilla and epithelial cells were injected into nude mice and it induced hair growth.

View attachment 68245

There is nothing to indicate that your concerns, at least when it comes to growing human hair, are valid.

Follica works and we know that the process can be repeated; logically, it should be possible to repeat it until a sufficient amount of coverage is achieved should the first pass be insufficient.

If Tsuji succeeds in culturing the required cells (the real hurdle true "cloning" hair), there is no real reason to believe it will fail in humans because we already know it can be done.

It is important to be clear about the relevant accepted science in tissue growth physiology, and what this means in hair follicle enlargement within the dermal tissue, and the potential treatments you refer to.

The assumptions made about hair transplantation, are in my opinion the reason that hair loss research has failed to progress in many years. I will elaborate on this later.

The anagen enlargement of the follicles is subject to the same pressure based spatial growth controls as any other normal tissue growth in-vivo. This growth control works like this. Whatever is driving the tissue to grow internally, when a certain degree of external resistance (pressure) is reached, the tissue growth is switched off. So increased external pressure reduces tissue growth, and reduced external pressure allows increased tissue growth. Only cancerous growth fails to respond to this control.

If it is increased dermal pressure that is keeping male pattern baldness follicles in the miniaturised state, there are three options for potential treatments. Firstly we can reduce the pressure around the follicles to allow more enlargement. Secondly we could try to modify this pressure control, so we get more follicle growth before the pressure switch kick in. Thirdly we could modify the follicles to make them resistant to the pressure effect, so they could enlarge regardless of this control.

The best way to regrow large follicles under these conditions, is to reduce the external pressure to what it was pre-balding. This would be the best, safest, and most effective way.

The second option here explains the dramatic effects of wounding procedures like Follica's. It is known in general physiology, that the healing process causes a temporary relaxation of spatial growth controls, to allow the increased tissue growth required in healing. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19006599
What concerns me here, is the long term encouragement of tougher fibrotic tissue growth in the area. This is a potential barrier to future anagen cycle growth, and could cause long term problems in maintaining the effect.

The third option is a big no no, and is the strategy I (and the mainstream tissue science) claim will not work. If the cell based treatments do succeed in producing large follicles in the Human male pattern baldness scalp conditions, these will be potentially cancerous according to the accepted science.

I have no doubt that scientists can induce new hair follicles and hair growth with the current technology. The point here is how large can these follicle grow? Do these new follicles being induced in mice grow large enough to produce the hair growth we want in our scalps? I don't think so. The maximum size these reach will be determined by the pressure conditions in the mouse tissue.

On the transplantation issue. There has always been two explanations for the results of transplantation, either differences within the follicles, or a factor induced by the procedure itself. This was acknowledged by the scientists who did the early studies. The whole body of evidence and studies we have these days, strongly supports the effects are external, and not because of any differences in hair follicles. I go into detail about this in my article I linked earlier.

The idea of producing DHT "resistant" follicles that will enlarge in the Human bald scalp, is just barking up the wrong tree according to the whole body of evidence we have.

S Foote.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
They've already proven their primordium method works in mice and they're extremely confident it will work in humans... so I guess they've already shown "magic" in mice. But hey... maybe you know something that their entire research team doesn't. Maybe you should just call them and tell them they're wasting their time and they're all wrong.

It works in mice because the external pressure conditions are different. Has this procedure in mice produced large follicles that would produce the scalp hair growth people want? I don't think so.

Well some scientists are wrong here, either mainstream physiology is wrong, or hair loss scientists are wrong. I know who my moneys on!

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is so typical of these forums

• Is shown photographic evidence that stem cell proliferation of human cells either implanted or induced are capable of producing full-thickness follicles in both human beings and animals

• Denies it.

It's like arguing with flat earthers.

I have no doubt that scientists can induce new hair follicles and hair growth with the current technology. The point here is how large can these follicle grow? Do these new follicles being induced in mice grow large enough to produce the hair growth we want in our scalps? I don't think so. The maximum size these reach will be determined by the pressure conditions in the mouse tissue.

You've just been shown photographic evidence that it can and frankly, the research that shows that the maximum size is determined by the number of cells in the dermal papilla; there is so much research out there demonstrating this I'm not even going to waste time linking it. As research carried out by Hoffman and whatever the other doctor's name is (the basis of Replicel's technology) shows, multiplication and migration of these cells restores this hair and they report the same findings in their in-human trials.

You're puzzled by why transplanted hair then is capable of survival? That right there should show you that your reasoning for why you think this won't work, while logically making sense, doesn't actually appear to be the case. You also talk about how wounding may give the necessary space, but fail to realize that wounding (creating and incision or puncture) is fundamental to both transplants and the proposed cellular implants.

Let's look at this from a different angle: Let's say you're theory that dermal pressure is going to prevent cells from allowing hair to grow to the necessary thickness. Again, transplants show you that they should survive to be at least as thick as the transplanted hair; that will definitely be enough for people when the quantity of hair is increased.

I'm not going to argue it further because as far as I can see, from what you say and have linked, there isn't anything to argue. Yes, there very likely is a limit on how thick the follicles can grow, but nobody cares because at that point you'd be at freakishly-thick hair anyway.

Last edited:

S Foote.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This is so typical of these forums

• Is shown photographic evidence that stem cell proliferation of human cells either implanted or induced are capable of producing full-thickness follicles in both human beings and animals

• Denies it.

It's like arguing with flat earthers.

You've just been shown photographic evidence that it can and frankly, the research that shows that the maximum size is determined by the number of cells in the dermal papilla; there is so much research out there demonstrating this I'm not even going to waste time linking it. As research carried out by Hoffman and whatever the other doctor's name is (the basis of Replicel's technology) shows, multiplication and migration of these cells restores this hair and they report the same findings in their in-human trials.

You're puzzled by why transplanted hair then is capable of survival? That right there should show you that your reasoning for why you think this won't work, while logically making sense, doesn't actually appear to be the case. You also talk about how wounding may give the necessary space, but fail to realize that wounding (creating and incision or puncture) is fundamental to both transplants and the proposed cellular implants.

Let's look at this from a different angle: Let's say you're theory that dermal pressure is going to prevent cells from allowing hair to grow to the necessary thickness. Again, transplants show you that they should survive to be at least as thick as the transplanted hair; that will definitely be enough for people when the quantity of hair is increased.

I'm not going to argue it further because as far as I can see, from what you say and have linked, there isn't anything to argue. Yes, there very likely is a limit on how thick the follicles can grow, but nobody cares because at that point you'd be at freakishly-thick hair anyway.

First off, I don't need a lecture from you about good science, I suggest you learn something about the scientific method. I have been involved in the mechanical sciences for over forty years, and have acted as an expert witness on occasion in my own field, and worked alongside scientists from other fields.

If you are going to claim that studies mean something, you have to back that up. We all know about the results of hair transplantation, you have to explain why this happens, and why some procedures that should work well just fail? Your claim about cell implantations being able to at least grow into follicles as large as in transplantation, is just uneducated nonsense! If this was so it would have been done years ago by Gho among others.

You give yourself away here in your claim about Follica's wounding procedure. All you have done is read the hype on their site about this working by activating stem cells etc, and you have just gone along with this. Nobody knows at this stage just how wounding is actually working to increase hair growth!

Threads like this have been posted here for over twenty years. Someone asks the legitimate question "why cant scientists figure this out?" When anyone then criticises the current science, we get fools like you insisting the existing science is on the right track. Then of course we all know this previously claimed good science goes nowhere.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
So how would one apply this pressure theory to modification of the follicle environment to promote hair growth or regenesis? Is there some mechanical method or apparatus that would be employed in vivo or in vitro at a tissue engineering level?

Tano1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you saying we can't produce DHT resistant follicles then? Help me understand that part a little more.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Actually there are some evidences suggesting a mechanical role in hair loss out there

Involvement of Mechanical Stress in Androgenetic Alopecia
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4639964/

The model was solved as a two-dimensional static stress problem by selecting von Mises stress because it is a proportional scalar to the elastic strain energy generated by external forces at each point of the galea

Scalp-Skin-Tension-Hair-Loss-Pattern.jpg

The Androgenetic Alopecia pathological process ends by the complete destruction of some affected follicles,[4] but most of them remain as vellus-like hair, so a large recovery is possible in theory. However, these therapies would face one of the biggest challenges of medicine today: Reversing a fibrotic process.

It doesn't match the diffuse pattern nor the DUPA tho.

H

Reaction score
Always wondered if dermarolling is just relieving pressure allowing old follicles to thrive once again...

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Always wondered if dermarolling is just relieving pressure allowing old follicles to thrive once again...
No lol don't be trolled. Wounding leads to follicle neogenesis don't forget. That's like half the reason why we care. Brand new follicles being created.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No lol don't be trolled. Wounding leads to follicle neogenesis don't forget. That's like half the reason why we care. Brand new follicles being created.

* And older miniaturized being regenerate aswell (according to Follica's patent)
Still near half of those "brand new" follicles and miniaturized being regenerated stay at a vellus state (according to Follica's patent)
I wonder why tho, i'm not saying this theory of scalp pressure is correct, but why a large amount of those new follicles stay vellus ? Lack of stem cells proliferation most likely

Last edited:

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why most people now never seen result with dermarolling, yet many studies claims, dermarolling creates new follicles, are we missing something?

ManinBlack

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The concept of wound induced follicle neogenesis has been known since the freaking 50s. And Follica has been around since 2006 I mean how long can it possibly take and how complicated can it possibly be to develop a product or procedure around poking someone in the head enough times to trick your body into growing new hair? If they haven't even been able to create needles that can regrow some bum fluff in 2017, I am really pessimistic about the hair regrowth company's chances of perfecting hair cloning.

Last edited:

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Actually the more i search about this scalp tension theory, the more evidences are out here, of course androgens inflammation reaction is the main cause of this pressure, but some weird treatments whithout any anti-androgens effects nor growth factors are actually working.

1*A new apparatus for hair regrowth in male-pattern baldness.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2365903

2*And this one is quite interesting
http://journals.lww.com/plasreconsurg/Fulltext/2010/11000/Treatment_of_Male_Pattern_Baldness_with_Botulinum.79.aspx?WT.mc_id=HPxADx20100319xMP<br />

A treatment with Botox injections.
Conceptually, Botox “loosens” the scalp, reducing pressure on the perforating vasculature, thereby increasing blood flow and oxygen concentration. The enzymatic conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone is oxygen dependent. In low-oxygen environments, the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone is favored; whereas in high-oxygen environments, more testosterone is converted to estradiol.4 Blood flow may therefore be a primary determinant in follicular health. Strategically placed Botox injections appear able to indirectly modify this variable, resulting in reduced hair loss and new hair growth in some men with androgenetic alopecia.

Original.00006534-201011000-00079.FF1.jpeg

No finasteride, minoxidil or dutasteride here
You just can't deny this result, even with the poor pic quality

Last edited:

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Actually the more i search about this scalp tension theory, the more evidences are out here, of course androgens inflammation reaction is the main cause of this pressure, but some weird treatments whithout any anti-androgens effects nor growth factors are actually working.

http://journals.lww.com/plasreconsurg/Fulltext/2010/11000/Treatment_of_Male_Pattern_Baldness_with_Botulinum.79.aspx?WT.mc_id=HPxADx20100319xMP<br />

Conceptually, Botox “loosens” the scalp, reducing pressure on the perforating vasculature, thereby increasing blood flow and oxygen concentration. The enzymatic conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone is oxygen dependent. In low-oxygen environments, the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone is favored; whereas in high-oxygen environments, more testosterone is converted to estradiol.4 Blood flow may therefore be a primary determinant in follicular health. Strategically placed Botox injections appear able to indirectly modify this variable, resulting in reduced hair loss and new hair growth in some men with androgenetic alopecia.

View attachment 68843

Damn! Why are we not hearing more about this!

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 68843

The study in 2010, but the pictures looks like from the 60s

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Considering the oxygen/dht effect, it would be an interesting experiment to somehow use a hyperbaric device on the scalp.