"Is that your hair?"

Patttsy

Reaction score
Hi,

While I await access to heralopecia...

What do you say if someone asks "is that all your own hair?" while casting a critical glance at your hair?

Sometimes people ask because they are aware you have alopecia (or something "wrong" with your hair) so when they see and improvement they ask.

In my situation, I am sometimes considered to be one of the "normally follicled endowned", so am ocassionally privy to comments questions they probably wouldn't make if they knew my situation. (I wear a very good weave)

I usually try to defend the person in question by saying "why shouldn't it be (their own hair)?" maybe it is a change of shampoo or something (if only).

Does anyone else encounter similar questions?

Patttsy x

Scaredsal

Reaction score
Hiya Pattsy how are you did you have a great xmas ??

I have to say I have not had a comment ... YET ... I am waiting ... I have extensions as you prob remember and they are becoming increasinglyy hard to hide ... I am really concerned when I will have to say to someone ..."I am losing my hair" ! eeek !!

I am sure when I eventually get a bonded peice I will just hold my head up and say yes it is .... after all unless they are very close friends or family I dont think anyone should be so rude !

Mex

Patttsy

Reaction score
Hiya ScaredSal,

It is great to hook up with you again.

I had a great Xmas, not too bad at all. Oh how I would love a Christmas were I do not have to cook, wash up or do anything other than eat :D

Your appointment must be coming up soon, aren't you going to get sorted out by a Kent lady? How are you feeling about it?

I am enjoying my latest weave very much, I did a great job( :toma:), it is a shame I have to take it out and redo it soon.

Sometimes by covering up the hairloss it means that other women who are going through the same problem feel even more isolated as they don't see anyone with similar issues as they go about.

Scaredsal

Reaction score
Hiya mate ...

Your right you know I saw a woman on teh tube today she was totally in the throws of female pattern hair loss her hair was soo thin i wanted to run up and hug her .... i wish I had the nerve (without sounding RUDE) to say .. I know places that can help I am going through this too ...

Sooo glad you had a great Xmas ... mine was nice to though now I am striving to lose the extra flab around me gut !!!! trousers are SOOOOO tight today ! and only managed the gym once !!!

Yup seeing this lady tomorrow ... gulp ! dead nervous !!!! really really nervous .... I just hope she can put some of my fears aside and help me out .!

So good to hear from you .

Sal

Maxi

Reaction score
female pattern hair loss

Hi Scaredsal,
I am in the "throws of female pattern hair loss" and using Rogsine x2 months (without much succes yet), using Toppik for blonds (sort of yellow, but covers the scalp) Now Im looking for either a weave or extensions. I live in Honolulu and have searched the web, but find only places to order wigs/extensions. Need to find hairdresser, who does this. Any suggestions?

G

Hi Maxi,

The female section of Hairloss Talk now has its' own website called HerAlopecia.com.

It may be more beneficial with regard to getting responses if you post on there.

Best wishes.