Is shampooing often a no-no?

Katie Locksworth

Reaction score
Hi everyone - I guess this sounds like a dumb question, but is there any relation between shampooing and hair loss? I've heard both "Don't shampoo very often to avoid hair loss" and "No, it makes no difference how often you shampoo" recently and am not sure what to think. Have any scientific tests ever been done? Thanks for any answers!

UKguy84

Established Member
Reaction score
no keep your hair and scalp clean, if it is going to fall out it will fall out it will have nothing to do with washing it.

Jacob

Reaction score
I would just stay away from "harsh" 'poo..containing SLS etc. Use something with a # of goodies that can benefit your fight against hair loss.

Julieholl

Reaction score
I've been told by the doctors, that shampoos have NO influence on hairloss - neither good, nor bad. So I am just trying to find ones with natural ingredients and wash my hair as often as needed.

Jacob

Reaction score
The Skin Revolution...Andalou...Lamas...Morrocco Method...GROH...Intelligent Nutrients..Aptiva. The first 4 I've used or use and love(d)..the other 3 I wouldn't mind trying.

Some doctors are idiots btw. Would the same Doctor say Nizoral wouldn't help anyone for the condition(s) it's made for? :whistle:

Julieholl

Reaction score
Does Nizoral help for hairloss? This was the special condition I was talking about, not the dandruff or something. I am not trying to protect all doctors, but do you probably know the shampoo, that REALLY helps with hairloss?