Is Rogaine 5% helpfull?

faysals

Reaction score
Plz....those who used Rogaine 5% how much regrowth did u get as an average ? and is there any website for rogaine users to make contact with them to see thier expierience .

Thanks

dw99

Reaction score
many guys have had success with 5% minoxidil, and as far as the website you're talking about, this is it!

faysals

Reaction score
Thank u dw99

how much regrowth in average and does it help for long period or it will be lost even with Rogaine

viperfish

Reaction score
You must keep in mind that it has been proven to be successful for regrowth in about 30% of those who use it correctly. However, it has much greater chance of simply helping you hang on to what you have left.

faysals

Reaction score
Oh....... only 30% that means little chance, anyway I got some hair but it getting less and less.

If I get a little regrowth hair it will be fine

ShedMaster

Reaction score
faysals said:
Oh....... only 30% that means little chance, anyway I got some hair but it getting less and less.

If I get a little regrowth hair it will be fine

Then go for it. Thats what minoxidil was designed for. It will work on the frontal areas of the scalp but more effective for the back areas of the scalp. In either case, you should be fine and I recommend getting on minoxidil ASAP.

faysals

Reaction score
Thank u guys

just to make thing clear, if I start Rogaine 5% from now I'll get what I lost

let say 3years back or 5 or even 10 years. And the regrowth ( if it

happened) will not be lost in the long run .

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
faysals said:
how much regrowth in average and does it help for long period or it will be lost even with Rogaine

Topical minoxidil probably doesn't interfere with the fundamental balding process; it just stimulates a little more growth than what you'd otherwise have. It provides an extra "offset of growth", in other words. If you're in a process of active balding when you start using Rogaine, you'll probably CONTINUE to bald even with the Rogaine, although you'll have a little more hair each step along the way than you would have had without it.

Bryan

bombscience

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Topical minoxidil probably doesn't interfere with the fundamental balding process; it just stimulates a little more growth than what you'd otherwise have. It provides an extra "offset of growth", in other words. If you're in a process of active balding when you start using Rogaine, you'll probably CONTINUE to bald even with the Rogaine, although you'll have a little more hair each step along the way than you would have had without it.

Bryan

It took me a while to accept that even with Minoxidil I was slowly balding. It's weird to think how bald I might be without it..

faysals

Reaction score
Ok guys,

I need to know from those who used rogaine 5% for long run what is there experience with it . I tried to search for a website of rogaine users ....can anyone help

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
faysals said:

Bryan
i thought that it holds the hair in a longer anagen state...
this is in fact interfering with the balding process whereby the hair goes into telogen quicker and quicker no?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Let's put it this way: once minoxidil has reached its peak effect after about a year or so of steady use, the results appear to start declining again at about the same rate as they were originally during the balding process. In THAT specific sense, topical minoxidil doesn't interfere with the fundamental balding process.

Now contrast that with getting yourself castrated, which apparently PERMANENTLY halts further balding. No more loss of hair, even 20-30 years later. So castration DOES interfere with the balding process in that specific long-term sense, but not topical minoxidil.

Bryan

Trent12345

Reaction score
Great so 2 permanantly get rid of hair loss all ive gotta do is chop my bollocks off!!!
Ill have hair to help get the ladies but cant do f*** all with em in bed!!

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using Rogaine 5% for 2 years and my hair has continued to get worse. Whether it is in better shape now than it would be without using it I don't know. The only way to find out would be to go back in time and not use it!

The Rock

Established Member
Reaction score
doesn't dr. lee say he has been using it for 14 years on his website?

ShedMaster

Reaction score
The Rock said:
doesn't dr. lee say he has been using it for 14 years on his website?

If he is I would bet he is using it with other treatments. If you use it with propecia, nizoral, possibly copper peptides, etc, then the results are synergistic and probably would hold steady for a long period of time. Depends on the individual though.

The Rock

Established Member
Reaction score
well 1.....he says he is been using finasteride since 96/97....but if u look at his pic on his website his hairline is flawless.....and i mean flawless and he is like 60 or something

faysals

Reaction score
Biff ...u have used Rogaine 5% for 2 years without benefit? I thought those who use it for long rung as u will at least give them 100% hair density ( over what they have before usage )

I have red in minoxidil.com that one guy age 43 use that stuff and got 1100% hair regrowth for 1.5 year of usage ....is that true ?

Axon

Reaction score
viperfish said:
You must keep in mind that it has been proven to be successful for regrowth in about 30% of those who use it correctly. However, it has much greater chance of simply helping you hang on to what you have left.

Correct. Both Minoxidil and Propecia are good at thickening existing hair, but don't do much for slick bald areas.

-Ax

jarednz

Reaction score
Axon said:
viperfish said:
*cut*quote]
Correct. Both Minoxidil and Propecia are good at thickening existing hair, but don't do much for slick bald areas.

-Ax

So what do we use for the slick bald areas?