Is Peppermint Oil safe to use on scalp?

Joe1191

Established Member
Reaction score
Before I get the expected "natural doesn't work" response, I'm fully aware that is believed by many.
Is peppermint oil safe to use, as in it will not cause hair loss in an epilatory effect on scalp hair? As long as it can't cause further hair loss, I figure I'll drop a few bucks and see if I get anything out of it.
Any other essential oil suggestions are welcome!

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've used it as part of a regime over the last four months with excellent results and while I cant attribute the success to Peppermint Oil it certainly has does not seem to have done any harm either to hair or sides.

It has been in too many shampoos out there for years for it to be considered bad for hair or even dangerous. Of course if you put tons of it on your head, it's going to burn.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've used it as part of a regime over the last four months with excellent results and while I cant attribute the success to Peppermint Oil it certainly has does not seem to have done any harm either to hair or sides.

It has been in too many shampoos out there for years for it to be considered bad for hair or even dangerous. Of course if you put tons of it on your head, it's going to burn.

There are countless chemicals used in tons of shampoos. It doesn't seem like a scientifically rigorous industry.

We also know in this forum that genuine hair treatments take a few months to have an effect. For most shampoos, people want to look and feel better the very next day.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There are countless chemicals used in tons of shampoos. It doesn't seem like a scientifically rigorous industry.

We also know in this forum that genuine hair treatments take a few months to have an effect. For most shampoos, people want to look and feel better the very next day.

As I said, it is in widespread use for years and in enough shampoos for it to have been flagged up. Millions of people take it orally in peppermint tea for centuries, if it was risky we'd have heard about it by now.

In the second study they used it specifically to target cancer sells and the inhibition PGE2 would be in white blood cells.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
As I said, it is in widespread use for years and in enough shampoos for it to have been flagged up. Millions of people take it orally in peppermint tea for centuries, if it was risky we'd have heard about it by now.

Sure -- if users dropped dead on sight.

But that's probably not happening.

Most likely, if peppermint oil has any effect at all, it has a very slow effect, and makes a minor change, either positive or negative, maybe to hair, maybe to boobs, maybe to something else. It would actually be very difficult to trace in that regard. Most of these shampoos probably also have peppermint oil in trace amounts regardless, and it will have zero effect.

Here's a link between tea tree oil / lavender and gynecomaestia in prepubescent boys in a very reputable journal. See how hard it was to identify?
http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejmoa064725

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Regarding the shampoos, the amount used in shampoos cant be in trace amounts as it otherwise would not have the cooling effect that the menthol in peppermint oil produces. You cant put more peppermint oil on your head then what is in a shampoo as the burning sensation would be intolerable.

People don't have to drop dead. As I said previously, it has been consumed which for centuries in north Africa, if it was having a negative affect that resulted in a certain illness (or even benign trait) it would show up in regions where it drunk every day by millions of people.

I don't see how the example you gave me showed difficulty in identification, in fact it looks like they found the culprit relatively easily after investigation.

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
tbh i got sleep problems and an uncomfortable feeling near the heart region (this sh*t can cause stomach/reflux problems) which can cause this feeling near the heart

Eliza Davis

My Regimen
Reaction score
Before I get the expected "natural doesn't work" response, I'm fully aware that is believed by many.
Is peppermint oil safe to use, as in it will not cause hair loss in an epilatory effect on scalp hair? As long as it can't cause further hair loss, I figure I'll drop a few bucks and see if I get anything out of it.
Any other essential oil suggestions are welcome!
peppermint oil for hair regrowth can burn when used alone without a carrier or inside a shampoo. You can try rubbing some coconut oil or another carrier oil on the scalp and then rewashing your hair but you may just have to wait a few days. In the future don’t just put strait peppermint directly on your scalp.

Aethas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pepperment oil is safe! I did it and make my scalp feel great! But its better with some specific one

Hope this help

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lavender oil found in soaps, shampoo, and laundry detergent 'causes boys and girls as young as THREE to develop breasts'
  • Researchers studied children who had breast growth before the age of eight
  • They had been exposed to lavender products for at least a few months
  • Their tissue growth 'dissipated' when the products were removed
  • Further tests in the lab showed essential oils can disrupt hormones

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...etergent-causes-young-boys-girls-develop.html

wow everything goes systematic