Is oily hair a bad thing?

pepgea

Reaction score
I had experience something with oily hair...I don't know if you feel it too.
When my hair it's dirtier I feel like I experience more hair loss in my comb and pillow.
Did you experience the same? Do I have to wash my hair more often? Isn't it bad?

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair and scalp would get insanely oily before I started taking Dutasteride. Before I started any legitimate treatment for my male pattern baldness, I was losing so much hair that there would be hair all over my bed, and a lot of it would be getting into my mouth and nose making me cough and sneeze, it was disruptive while I slept at night. I would also rub the top of my head over my bathroom sink just a couple of times and easily 200+ hairs would fall out, and it would also feel embarrassing when I wore white shirts since I have dark colored hair and shedding was very noticeable since many hairs kept falling on my shoulders.

About my oily hair and scalp before any treatment, I would wash my hair and later on within the same day, it would be like as if a lot of oil was rubbed on my head. It was a nightmare putting up with such an itchy oily scalp along with massive shedding. Fortunately getting on Dutasteride, the 5-AR inhibitor completely got rid of the oiliness of my scalp, so I don't worry about that anymore, and also drastically reduced shedding. I'd also say it got rid of the Androgenetic Alopecia itch by 97-98 percent while before it was constant and was so debilitating. Dutasteride is the treatment I myself personally am most impressed by and happiest with.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
That's encouraging to learn how well you are benefitting from dutasteride. usage. Here's to your continued success Agustin. -)

scott8696

Reaction score
I think Nizoral is a good way to combat the negative effects of oily hair, it cleans out all the toxins in the oil.

namps114

Reaction score
I have oily hair too but im not on any pills but going though puberty now.Does puberty make your hair like that ??

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

hein

Reaction score
I think its not a bad thing, but its a sign of the body, that something is not in balance.
my hair used to be very fatty and since I stopped washing it daily (once a week), my hair is getting much less fatty!
means, my body told me, you are taking all of my moisture so I have to produce more... you know?