Is my hair thinning, or is this normal?

el_duterino

Reaction score
yes start with regual finasteride and minoxidil and I would also add stemoxyidne as well this helps the minoxidil work better

Ultmare

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just for update and chronicling sake, this is how my crown looks after I shampooed my hair about an hour ago.

IMG_20211109_160049.jpg
IMG_20211109_160045.jpg

Doingitright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just for update and chronicling sake, this is how my crown looks after I shampooed my hair about an hour ago.

View attachment 172240View attachment 172241
I think it looks like you have been slowly loosing for many years unaware because it is not aggressive. Trust your gut instinct on this, if you have suddenly become aware it is because the changes have started to show, then figure out what you are going to do about it 'live with it' or 'treat it'.

Ourkes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 172240View attachment 172241
Your hair looks great. My hair is like yours and never changed. Dark hair plus light scalp, plus strong light and camera exposure can create a problem that isn’t there.Throw in greasy straight hair and it makes the situation even worse. Best way to check you hair is when clean and dry, in a mirror, with your own eyes to avoid the distortions caused by camera phones.

Keep an eye on your hair and if you feel it is generally deteriorating, see a dermatologist.

Ultmare

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay, now I am confused about what to do?laugh emoji

Should I undergo minoxidil+finasteride treatment or should I let it go?

Ultmare

My Regimen
Reaction score
The thing is my hairline still is receding, and the hair there are thin. So, is it okay if I just apply minoxidil only on that area instead of the entire head?

~PS: These might be very stupid questions, but please bear with me. I am very new to this stuff, and I really appreciate you all helping me.~

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you look closely, your hair texture on the back (or safe zone) is thicker than the top, which looks wispy and dry. Mine is similar and I'm losing there too. Don't fool yourself as I've been doing myself, please. Start treatments asap.

SadAndMad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ignore those who say you are not balding, thinning on the crown and temple area is pretty obvious. Don’t ignore the first signs, many of us have done it, and now we wish to go back.

Jump on finasteride and minoxidil as fast as possible.

Ultmare

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oop- It's been two years, and I kinda forgot to give an update lol, but here I am. I have been using Minoxidil and Finasteride 1mg pretty much regularly now since the past two years, and I feel very good and positive about my hair. :)
PXL_20231208_161033662.jpg
PXL_20231208_161008499.jpg
PXL_20231208_161028129.jpg